HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Pardon Darcy's French - CoHo & TEnnis ain't going nowhere (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1222987)

WhoIsJimBob 07-03-2012 06:09 AM

Pardon Darcy's French - CoHo & TEnnis ain't going nowhere
 
http://wgr550.com/HAMILTON--The-Sabr...d-off/13615703

Quote:

The Sabres had trouble with offense last year so why was Roy expendable? “He’s got one year left on his contract and I think aside from being a very good centerman, a playmaker, with Tyler Ennis moved into the middle, with Cody Hodgson in the middle we certainly weren’t looking and aren’t going to move Tyler and Cody. We’ll still have to address to see if we can get a little bigger in the middle to compliment those guys.” Regier did say he spoke with Roy after the season and he did know it was possible he could be traded.
It will be interesting to see if they can get a Nash or a Ryan if Hodgson and Ennis are off the table.

Quote:

I’ve had many questions as to whether Regier has been in on the Zach Parise talks. All he would say was, “We’ve been in on the free agents, we continue to have offers outstanding, and are involved, and I’m not going to speak to the individual players, but we’ve been very active in that.”

Regier mentioned they still wanted a big center, but how about the wing. Is he still open to acquiring scoring to the wing? Regier said, “We’re looking at any situation that will make us a better team, so we’re not locked in, and certainly there are some guys we would not want to trade (Myers, McNabb, Ennis, Hodgson, Miller, Foligno, Grigorenko and Girgensons) under any circumstances, there’s lots of flexibility there yet.”

So read between the lines and it seems like there still could be more to come.
I wonder what FAs they have offers out to.....

heartsabres* 07-03-2012 06:40 AM

And Roy is going to play on this team and Kotalik has a chance to make the team and McNabb is pencilled in the AHL.

When all is said and done I will wait until the beginning of the season to see who is here.

S319R11S16 07-03-2012 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartsabres (Post 52009675)
And Roy is going to play on this team and Kotalik has a chance to make the team and McNabb is pencilled in the AHL.

When all is said and done I will wait until the beginning of the season to see who is here.

This.

Zip15 07-03-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartsabres (Post 52009675)
And Roy is going to play on this team and Kotalik has a chance to make the team and McNabb is pencilled in the AHL.

When all is said and done I will wait until the beginning of the season to see who is here.

Yesterday's comments about Ennis and Hodgson were unsolicited, and came in a moment of rare rambling by Regier, rather than a direct question about a player wherein he gave GM-speak--i.e., "He's still under contract for next season" or "We'll give him every opportunity to make the team." I thought that was telling.

I don't think he has any intention of moving Ennis or Hodgson this summer.

S319R11S16 07-03-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip15 (Post 52011689)
Yesterday's comments about Ennis and Hodgson were unsolicited, and came in a moment of rare rambling by Regier, rather than a direct question about a player wherein he gave GM-speak--i.e., "He's still under contract for next season" or "We'll give him every opportunity to make the team." I thought that was telling.

I don't think he has any intention of moving Ennis or Hodgson this summer.

He probably doesn't but I wouldn't rule out anything at this point.

Dubi Doo 07-03-2012 08:40 AM

Good. Both of these players have a very high ceiling. Ennis's attitude is more of what the teams needs. I can see him being a leader in the future.

gallagt01 07-03-2012 09:03 AM

Regier wouldn't have moved Roy if he wasn't confident he'd be able to land another center without giving Ennis or Hodgson up. I'm guessing he's been in talks with a team willing to dish a center without expecting Tyler or Cody in return.

My heart says Pavelski. My head says Stastny, as adding Pavelski isn't adding "size down the middle."

AlexanderMogilny89 07-03-2012 09:39 AM

Just wondering if they would have enough cap to sign Parise? What i would really love is for 1 of Pavelski, Stastny, and obviously Parise to come here and center Vanek and Pommers. We would be cup contenders for the next 5 yrs if that happened. I will pray for Parise to sign in Buffalo every day until he is signed some where.

WhoIsJimBob 07-03-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loods (Post 52013023)
Regier wouldn't have moved Roy if he wasn't confident he'd be able to land another center without giving Ennis or Hodgson up. I'm guessing he's been in talks with a team willing to dish a center without expecting Tyler or Cody in return.

My heart says Pavelski. My head says Stastny, as adding Pavelski isn't adding "size down the middle."

Regier said he wants to add a center with size. That doesn't sound like either of those two.

I wonder if Brian Boyle is a guy that Regier is trying to get out of NY?

WhoIsJimBob 07-03-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexanderMogilny89 (Post 52014329)
Just wondering if they would have enough cap to sign Parise? What i would really love is for 1 of Pavelski, Stastny, and obviously Parise to come here and center Vanek and Pommers. We would be cup contenders for the next 5 yrs if that happened. I will pray for Parise to sign in Buffalo every day until he is signed some where.

Parise is a winger.

And while they have the cap space to get Parise, I doubt he picks Buffalo over the other half-dozen or so teams that have offered him $80M+.

gallagt01 07-03-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bob (Post 52014881)
Regier said he wants to add a center with size. That doesn't sound like either of those two.

I wonder if Brian Boyle is a guy that Regier is trying to get out of NY?

Yes please. Boyle is one of my favorite players in the league.

That said, I can't see Sather moving Boyle before Dubinsky. I view Dubinsky as the likelier target.

AlexanderMogilny89 07-03-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bob (Post 52014937)
Parise is a winger.

And while they have the cap space to get Parise, I doubt he picks Buffalo over the other half-dozen or so teams that have offered him $80M+.

Thanks for the info.

Boyle would be a beast 6-7 244lbs. 236 hits.

WhoIsJimBob 07-03-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loods (Post 52015151)
Yes please. Boyle is one of my favorite players in the league.

That said, I can't see Sather moving Boyle before Dubinsky. I view Dubinsky as the likelier target.

Does he count as a center with size, though?

:dunno:

gallagt01 07-03-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bob (Post 52015501)
Does he count as a center with size, though?

:dunno:

6'1 and 210 per NHL.com...nothing to sneeze at. He's a thick guy and he's physical.

Boyle is super-sized. :laugh: He'd be the player most of us wanted Gaustad to be.

AlexanderMogilny89 07-03-2012 10:10 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...0852--nhl.html

Jokinen signed with Winnipeg?

WhoIsJimBob 07-03-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loods (Post 52015663)
6'1 and 210 per NHL.com...nothing to sneeze at. He's a thick guy and he's physical.

Boyle is super-sized. :laugh: He'd be the player most of us wanted Gaustad to be.

Dubinsky isn't small. But, I don't know if he really counts as a guy with size, either.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Zip15 07-03-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bob (Post 52015911)
Dubinsky isn't small. But, I don't know if he really counts as a guy with size, either.

Maybe. Maybe not.

He has size. Just as importantly, he uses it. He's also unafraid to stir the pot with stars (he's fought Ovechkin, M. Richards (a bunch of times), and he's always starting stuff with Crosby).

gallagt01 07-03-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip15 (Post 52015975)
He has size. Just as importantly, he uses it. He's also unafraid to stir the pot with stars (he's fought Ovechkin, M. Richards (a bunch of times), and he's always starting stuff with Crosby).

Yep. He'd be a very nice addition.

Adding Dubinsky/Boyle to Ott, Foligno, Tropp, Kaleta...Buffalo would be loaded with players that like to engage physically.

That's one reason why I think Dubinsky would be an even better addition than Boyle, though. Buffalo has jam on its third and fourth line. Dubinsky gives them a physical player in the top six.

LGB24 07-03-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexanderMogilny89 (Post 52015829)

this is old news, and wrong thread

LGB24 07-03-2012 10:25 AM

I think it's safe to say Darcy isn't done this offseason. With the move yesterday and with recent interviews all signs point to another significant move being made. At this point I think our roster is already stronger and more well balanced than it was at the start of last season, but with an acquisition of a scoring winger like parise or semin or even another big bodied bottom 6 centre, this team could be dangerous heading into next season

SabresBillsBuffalo 07-03-2012 11:14 AM

I really want Bobby Ryan...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.