HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Prospect Info: Taylor Fedun (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1223115)

BowDangles 07-03-2012 11:59 AM

Taylor Fedun

What do you expect out of this guy this year? Last year he was on pace to make the team in training camp until he got injured.

Do you think he will ever be back to where he was? Long shot being beating Peckham/Sutton out of the 6th spot on D?

Petry
Whitney
Schultz
Schultz
Smid
Potter/Peckham/Sutton/Fedun?

CornKicker 07-03-2012 12:02 PM

he is a great story and a phenominal skater, i could see him sneaking into the top 7 but my guess is they now want him to play a yeah in OKC to make sure he is healed up for the vigors of a full season.

40oz 07-03-2012 12:06 PM

My guess is he'll start the season in OKC, and he'll get a cup of coffee sometime during the year. And when that happens, Rexall will lose it.

Calgary Oilers 07-03-2012 12:07 PM

Start in OKC and see what happens. He still requires time to develop and now needs that extra time to get back to 100% (physically and mentally).

Jepprey 07-03-2012 12:38 PM

I figures he'd get some time both at OKC and Oilers. He's such a smooth skater.

I expected him to be a half a step slower than last season, but surprisingly, he's actually looking good out there. That was a major injury, and he's damn lucky he's out there showing his moves still.

Gentle Jake Virtanen 07-03-2012 12:41 PM

OKC, chance for a call up during the season. Great kid and I'm sure the fans are in love with him already

Groucho 07-03-2012 12:42 PM

I want him to take Chorneys spot in OKC, cup of coffee when the time is right.

Petro Points 07-03-2012 12:44 PM

I can live with a bottom pairing of Whitney-Fedun a couple months into the season.

Smid-Petry
Schultz-Schultz
Whitney-Fedun

Sutton = suspended

The kid is a very good puck mover.

Reimer 07-03-2012 12:44 PM

I expect him to be a top pairing guy.

Seriously what do you mean what do you expect after a horrendous injury like that.

I'd be happy if the guy can return to playing legitimate hockey and make an impact on OKC. If he doesn't oh well, it's a hell of a injury to come back from. Really I have no expectations.

MeestaDeteta 07-03-2012 12:48 PM

He'll likely play all season in the AHL, which is where he should be. I think he'll put up some good numbers with the Barons, and be ready for an NHL role next season.

Tyrolean 07-03-2012 01:04 PM

While I am not thrilled with having Peckham, Sutton or Potter in the bottom pairing, it's too early to consider Fedun replacing them.

We all like to have him be a big success so just ease him in, to get the playing time, experience and development.

Jean Ralphio 07-03-2012 01:16 PM

Before his injury, I was hoping he'd turn into our Chris Tanev. I don't know if such a quick ascent is possible now, but I think he still has a good chance of being an NHL defenceman at some point.

nofool6110 07-03-2012 01:19 PM

I expect him to play solid hockey in OKC.

I want him to do so well to shove Potter and Peckham down the depth chart and win us the Stanley Cup and getting the Conn Smythe.

Expectations does not equal wants.

The Shockmaster 07-03-2012 01:27 PM

I agree. Send him to the Barons and see how he does there. I hope he becomes a success, the soliddefense we have in the future, the better.

RipsADrive 07-03-2012 01:28 PM

Even if he's fully recovered physically I'm positive there will be some psychological stuff he'll need to get over once he starts playing in a full speed competitive game again so I'd rather he work through it in OKC.

Near the end of the year I'd like to see him get a few games in the NHL though,

NHLTradeRumors 07-03-2012 01:36 PM

Let's see at training camp. If he puts up a training camp similar to last season's, he will make NHL right away.

McRib 07-03-2012 01:53 PM

I don't think theres any chance he starts the season in Edmonton. Coming off an injury like his, he's going to need some time to get used to playing the game at a high level.

He will see some significant time in Edmonton, though. I think the kid is the real deal.