HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Around the NHL Part VI -- Homer Gone a Courtin' Edition (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1223245)

Chainshot 07-03-2012 01:41 PM

Around the NHL Part VI -- Homer Gone a Courtin' Edition

Carry on...

HockeyH3aven 07-03-2012 01:51 PM

I am actually starting to hate Parise for this. I was actually not hating the beginning of another work week because I'd have some FA/Trade action to keep my entertained, but he's just totally killing it by being clueless and indecisive.

Skelley 07-03-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven (Post 52031689)
I am actually starting to hate Parise for this. I was actually not hating the beginning of another work week because I'd have some FA/Trade action to keep my entertained, but he's just totally killing it by being clueless and indecisive.

haha, im in the same boat, at least theres no work tomorrow

BuiltTagonTough 07-03-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven (Post 52031689)

Heaven forbid he takes his time on a decision that will change his and his family's life for the next decade.

I'm fine with the wait. Piss the world off and sign in August. I'll enjoy it.

HockeyH3aven 07-03-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSchoolMaster (Post 52032049)
Heaven forbid he takes his time on a decision that will change his and his family's life for the next decade.

I'm fine with the wait. Piss the world off and sign in August. I'll enjoy it.

You're about the millionth person who has said this, and it's yet to be the first time I cared.

#youngmillionaireproblems

ADoubleD 07-03-2012 02:26 PM

I can't be the only one whose gonna be annoyed and think this whole process was stupid if Parise goes back to NJ and/or Suter back to Nash can I? :laugh:

Myllz 07-03-2012 02:28 PM

Raising money for a billboard on the 90. "For the love of everything holy and good...SIGN SOMEWHERE!"

Message me for my Paypal address. I figure by the time it goes up he'll still be deciding.

WhoIsJimBob 07-03-2012 02:30 PM

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...204&feedID=695

Quote:

The Flyers remain alive in the Bobby Ryan trade sweeps with Anaheim (he is not a free agent). GM Bob Murray wanted Brayden Schenn or Sean Couturier. Given the acquisition of Luke Schenn, itís apparent the Flyers arenít moving Brayden and Couturier was considered virtually untouchable to start.

As CSNís John Boruk reported, the Ducks kept changing the deal for Ryan last weekend, which may be why Holmgren was so obviously grumpy and uncooperative at the draft (see story).

If Ryan were to be traded here, that assures Jagr wonít be back. Ryan carries a $5.1 million cap hit for the next three years.
I wonder who will offer up a center in a deal for Ryan?

Selanne00008 07-03-2012 02:48 PM

Would anyone give up Hodgson for Ryan if it meant only signing an Arnott caliber UFA?
I know Darcy sid he pretty isnt going anywhere. But we are in the snooze addition..

Beerz 07-03-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selanne00008 (Post 52035639)
Would anyone give up Hodgson for Ryan if it meant only signing an Arnott caliber UFA?
I know Darcy sid he pretty isnt going anywhere. But we are in the snooze addition..

I'd have no problem trading Hodgson for Ryan..... I'll roll the dice for the year on unproven centers...

Afino 07-03-2012 03:03 PM

#RedWings initial offer to D Ryan Suter was $80M 13 years, now up to $90 M.

- from the Detroit Free Press

SabresAreScaryGood 07-03-2012 03:04 PM

How do you guys compare Ryan Suter to Ehrhoff? Suter has an offer from Detroit 13 years $90 million.

New Sabres Captain 07-03-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabresAreScaryGood (Post 52036815)
How do you guys compare Ryan Sutter to Ehrhoff? Sutter has an offer from Detroit 13 years $90 million.

Ehrhoff is better offensively. Suter is more of an all-around guy and is especially good defensively. Suter is the guy you play with Ehrhoff to allow Ehrhoff to roam more offensively.

Rhett4 07-03-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afino (Post 52036735)
#RedWings initial offer to D Ryan Suter was $80M 13 years, now up to $90 M.

- from the Detroit Free Press

Yikes. They better hope he plays at a high quality for as long as Lidstrom.

WhoIsJimBob 07-03-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabresAreScaryGood (Post 52036815)
How do you guys compare Ryan Suter to Ehrhoff? Suter has an offer from Detroit 13 years $90 million.

I think Suter is a better all around player.

But, I don't think he's worth 2x the money.

Myllz 07-03-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs (Post 52036957)
Ehrhoff is better offensively. Suter is more of an all-around guy and is especially good defensively. Suter is the guy you play with Ehrhoff to allow Ehrhoff to roam more offensively.

That's debatable.

HockeyH3aven 07-03-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bob (Post 52036981)
I think Suter is a better all around player.

But, I don't think he's worth 2x the money.

As much as the Sabres have benefited from these stupidly long contracts, they really need to fix this in the upcoming CBA. Signing a 27-28 year old player to a 13 year contract is just silly.

Could he play till 40-41? Sure. Would anybody want his $7 million cap hit around that time? Nope.

WhoIsJimBob 07-03-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven (Post 52037129)
As much as the Sabres have benefited from this stupidly long contracts, they really need to fix this in the upcoming CBA. Signing a 27-28 year old player to a 13 year contract is just silly.

Could he play till 40-41? Sure. Would anybody want his $7 million cap hit around that time? Nope.

There is talk that the owners want to cap contracts to 6 years max.....

Chainshot 07-03-2012 03:09 PM

Eklund's a member poster here for starters. If someone has a complaint about someone who's blocked, feel free to email complaints@hfboards.com. The admins will, no doubt, be more than happy to deal with further questioning of their findings on this joker. Really. So. Since I've point this out a few times, if anyone wants to keep harping at it, feel free to get in line for infraction points. Got it? Good.

Some guidelines:

Quote:

Originally Posted by danishh (Post 27508712)
general rule of thumb:
journalist affiliated with real print media (or online version) = good.
twitter feed (unless that of a journalist) = bad.
blog or fansite where anyone can write an article = bad.

i followed the trade deadline closely this year and found that almost everything was broken by a local beatwriter first, and then the anonymous twitter junkies followed.

Rhett4 07-03-2012 03:21 PM

How about we get back to complaining about Parise holding everything up? :laugh:

Beerz 07-03-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhett4 (Post 52038141)
How about we get back to complaining about Parise holding everything up? :laugh:

I know. It's frustrating....but what I find funny is people who were defending the Schultz circus ....a guy that has proven nothing and are now harping on Parise and Suter.

Rob Paxon 07-03-2012 03:35 PM

I won't say I'm not annoyed by Parise but I'm not gonna judge him for it. It's not on him to consider how he might be holding up the market and ultimately what is the negative effect of that besides boring us fans?

JPurp26 07-03-2012 03:38 PM

boring yes, hate him NO, His decision and he earned it, although Zach if your reading this, please sign soon, Thanks sincerely, All hockey fans

Luceni 07-03-2012 03:39 PM

Doan said he won't sign anything before 8th July.
That's ok. He's set a deadline for his decision. We all know when he's gonna tell us, where he's gonna play.

But Parise / Suter are different. They have no deadline, they can sign anytime. If Parise or suter would say "Ok, I'm NOT gonna tell you my decisioN before the 8th July" then it would be ok for me, becouse I could focus on other things.

I hate how Suter / Parise handle their UFA status.

If they continue with that pokerplay about their contracts for another week, I just hope the sabres stay away from them and are out of the race. They're both starting to annoy me.

JPurp26 07-03-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luceni (Post 52039357)
Doan said he won't sign anything before 8th July.
That's ok. He's set a deadline for his decision. We all know when he's gonna tell us, where he's gonna play.

But Parise / Suter are different. They have no deadline, they can sign anytime. If Parise or suter would say "Ok, I'm NOT gonna tell you my decisioN before the 8th July" then it would be ok for me, becouse I could focus on other things.

I hate how Suter / Parise handle their UFA status.

If they continue with that pokerplay about their contracts for another week, I just hope the sabres stay away from them and are out of the race. They're both starting to annoy me.

if them waiting means they would sign with us then by all means wait, but realistically that won't happen so them signing sooner rather then later to open up the market would be nice