HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Dallas Stars (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Lower Lines? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1223355)

Starsdude 07-03-2012 03:18 PM

Lower Lines?

It appears that the top lines seem set with the only question being whether Doan or Jagr is signed. If not, it appears from comments that Fraser gets first crack at the top 6.

How do you feel about the bottom six? I assume Eakin is 3c with Vincour and Morrow barring a trade.
Nystrom wandell Fiddler I guess with garbutt and Sceviour?

Don't really get the Garbutt love but if third line can net 35-40 I would take it.

I have been a proponent of rebuilding but guys like the smiths, Chaisson could use time in Austin. These are not high first rounders. Having Glennie show enough to get the top 6 job would be great but if they are serious about him being a center, Austin seems more likely. It appears that the rebuild will begin in Austin which is fine for now.

Still need a big physical d-man with not much left out there.

Hull Fan 07-03-2012 03:39 PM

If Jagr is here they'd move Morrow or Robidas wouldn't they?

Morrow in a bottom line role for 4.1 million just seems stupid. He's also completely incapable of being a 3rd line checker so...

Nystrom-Fiddler-Vincour
Wandell-Sceviour-Garbutt
whoever

piqued 07-03-2012 03:44 PM

Yeah, personally I have no problem with Fiddler and/or Nystrom on the 3rd line. They've been getting hammered lately because of mis-application of advanced stats. They're still decent 3rd liners who can control the puck in the offensive zone and chip in offensively as long as they're not relied on to match-up exclusively against the other team's top players. I believe Vincour is ready to take on Dvorak's role and quite likely do it better. That also allows you to bring in Sceviour to center the 4th line rather than having Fiddler blocking him. Obviously I want Morrow traded. If Eakin makes the team you can slide Nystrom down to the 4th line and move Fiddler over to the wing.

LatvianTwist 07-03-2012 04:06 PM

Morrow - Eakin - Vincour
Sceviour - Fiddler - Wandell
Nystrom

3rd line is good at everything, but not great at anything.

Speedy 4th line that can get things going. Definitely an "energy" line.

One Man Rock Band 08-14-2012 01:42 PM

Using the Stars for a NHL '13 GM Connected league, how would you guys plug in the holes I have?

Eriksson - Benn - Jagr
Whitney - Roy - Ryder
Morrow - Fiddler - ???
??? - Wandell - Nystrom

Goligoski - Robidas
Daley - Larsen
Rome - Fistric

Lehtonen
Bachman

Eakin - C
Sceviour - W
Vincour - W
Smith - W
Glennie - C/W

MetalGodAOD 08-14-2012 01:48 PM

Vincour #3 RW, Sceviour #4 LW

LatvianTwist 08-14-2012 02:16 PM

Bump Wandell out, Fiddler to the 4th, Eakin to the 3rd if you want we'll start the season with (if we had Roy).

Morrow - Eakin - Vincour
Wandell/Sceviour - Fiddler - Nystrom

One Man Rock Band 08-15-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LatvianTwist (Post 53568059)
Bump Wandell out, Fiddler to the 4th, Eakin to the 3rd if you want we'll start the season with (if we had Roy).

Morrow - Eakin - Vincour
Wandell/Sceviour - Fiddler - Nystrom

Thanks to both of you.

I've got an offer on the table of Burrows for Roy. I'm debating it. Burrows and Morrow would be an incredible checking line with high offensive potential, I just would deplete the center depth even more. I wish there was someone just a little higher quality in the prospect pool for Center depth on the club. :laugh:

Not sure how well I would do with;

Eriksson - Benn - Ryder
Whitney - Eakin - Jagr
Morrow - Wandell - Burrows
Sceviour - Fiddler - Vincour
Nystrom

dingbathero 08-16-2012 03:19 PM

Quick question: Who did Ryder play with last year most of the time?

As a fellow Newfoundlander I am wondering who he will play with this year, as Jagr is onboard and Riberio is gone....

Mr Misty 08-16-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingbathero (Post 53631595)
Quick question: Who did Ryder play with last year most of the time?

As a fellow Newfoundlander I am wondering who he will play with this year, as Jagr is onboard and Riberio is gone....

Most often with Eriksson, often with Ribeiro, and some time with Benn. Expectations are for
Eriksson-Benn-Jagr
Whitney-Roy-Ryder
according to GMJN