HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Free Agency 2012 Part #2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1223461)

Live in the Now 07-03-2012 04:47 PM

Free Agency 2012 Part #2

Continue.

Really surprised by Jagr in Dallas, it seems weird.

Dreger reports that the Rangers signed Taylor Pyatt in case anyone cares.

MsWoof 07-03-2012 04:49 PM

Jagr faded badly down the stretch and in the playoffs in Philly. Dallas is just making stupid moves to get to the cap floor.

ScoreZeGoals 07-03-2012 04:50 PM

What the hell are the Stars doing?

DAkings20 07-03-2012 04:53 PM

Jagr in Dallas is just weird, the Stars got a lot older as well.

FrozenKing18 07-03-2012 04:53 PM

Wow that's weird.

johnjm22 07-03-2012 04:56 PM

I like the move from the Stars perspective. Nothing to lose.

Scottkmlps 07-03-2012 04:57 PM

Coyotes losing quite a few players.

Bad Will Hunting 07-03-2012 04:58 PM

I hope Jagr gets attacked by Bevo the Bull and then by Debo from Friday

markisonfire 07-03-2012 05:00 PM

Dallas got much stronger, Sharks stayed the same, Ducks and Coyotes got worse (and with Ryan and Doan leaving, potentially much worse).

Dallas is going to be pretty soft this year though.

CNS 07-03-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markisonfire (Post 52045389)
Dallas got much stronger, Sharks stayed the same, Ducks and Coyotes got worse (and with Ryan and Doan leaving, potentially much worse).

How did Dallas get stronger? You trade a highly skilled guy in Ribiero for an unproven player and a 2nd rounder. You then trade the best agitator in the game and a guy who can also put up numbers doing it and a #6 D for a small, overrated center. Even if Roy does pan out, you lose all that grit Ott brings as well as his ability to get people off their games. Adding Whitney and Jagr would be good moves if they were a cup contending team but they're not. I look at what they're doing and they could maybe make the playoffs this year but I highly doubt they make any real noise this season, especially having to play us 6 times who will kick the **** out of them now that Ott is out and Whitney, Jagr, and Roy are in.

Reaper45 07-03-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo (Post 52045261)
I hope Jagr gets attacked by Bevo the Bull and then by Debo from Friday

And Bobo and lil Debil.

ScoreZeGoals 07-03-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Jagr is basically Ryan Smyth with a sexier name at this point. He faded BADLY towards the end of last season and his 54 points was enhanced playing in Philly's "all offense/no defense" system.

CNS 07-03-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals (Post 52047071)
Jagr is basically Ryan Smyth with a sexier name at this point. He faded BADLY towards the end of last season and his 54 points was enhanced playing in Philly's "all offense/no defense" system.

You also have to realize he's not going to have Giroux to be his center. And Giroux was having an MVP season until his concussion.

Bad Will Hunting 07-03-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnshockey (Post 52046767)
How did Dallas get stronger? You trade a highly skilled guy in Ribiero for an unproven player and a 2nd rounder. You then trade the best agitator in the game and a guy who can also put up numbers doing it and a #6 D for a small, overrated center. Even if Roy does pan out, you lose all that grit Ott brings as well as his ability to get people off their games. Adding Whitney and Jagr would be good moves if they were a cup contending team but they're not. I look at what they're doing and they could maybe make the playoffs this year but I highly doubt they make any real noise this season, especially having to play us 6 times who will kick the **** out of them now that Ott is out and Whitney, Jagr, and Roy are in.

Remember they also lost Souray

KingsCourt 07-03-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals (Post 52044453)
What the hell are the Stars doing?

Very strange...signing two 40 year olds

Sydor25 07-03-2012 05:33 PM

At least I get to see Jagr play live when LA visits Dallas in November. :)

Mr Los Angeles 07-03-2012 05:36 PM

The stars just keep getting older and older

johnjm22 07-03-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnshockey (Post 52046767)

Signing Jagr helps sell some extra tickets. If he doesn't work out then so what? Trade him at the deadline for a pick.

cyclones22 07-03-2012 05:38 PM

Not impressed. We'll see what kind of chemistry they can show on the ice. We all know it takes some time. We'll also see how those 40 year olds feel later in the season when our big forwards are leaning on them. Did Whitney even play in the WCF? :sarcasm:

deeshamrock 07-03-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

He did fade late towards the end of the year, but most of the Flyers struggled in march by the time they met the devils ,they were worn out, tired, fatigued..same thing that has happened 2 years in a row and will again next year.
Part of that was the fact that Jagr hadn't played more than 50 gmes in 3 years and mixed with lavvy's high octane system that was bound to happen, which is why I didn't want the Flyers to sign him, not in this system.

Unlike the Flyers who can't win a low scoring game, the Stars can. A defensive system is a good fit for him, with a low scoring team, he won't Giroux to set him up. He can get that critical 3rd period goal, esp on thePP where he's very good. Thats all they need, that kind of player and in a slower system, he'll do fine.

tsanuri 07-03-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottkmlps (Post 52045119)
Coyotes losing quite a few players.

But I would not count Tippett out. He has been able to do so much with so little for so long.

RonSwanson* 07-03-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Phoenix lost Whitney also.

Wooty 07-03-2012 05:46 PM

Does having Jagr increase attendance? Does Dallas need that help?

KopitarFAN 07-03-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wooty (Post 52048817)
Does having Jagr increase attendance? Does Dallas need that help?

Yeah. Especially early and late in the year competing with the Rangers and Mavs.

KingsFan7824 07-03-2012 05:50 PM

Looks like Jagr didn't get any better offers from teams in the east. That $4.5 million is the only reason he's in Dallas. Just about the last place you thought Jagr would go.

Two 40 year old's in your top 6. In the west. In Dallas. Interesting experiment.