HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Speculation: 11'/12' Offseason/Trades/Signings: Read here to see if it's already reported | FA III (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1223641)

Hurt 07-03-2012 10:30 PM

11'/12' Offseason/Trades/Signings: Read here to see if it's already reported | FA III
 
Carry on.

blasted_Sabre 07-03-2012 10:33 PM

Dear burke.

Get pavelski

Erza Scarlet 07-03-2012 10:34 PM

Dear Burke

Don't get Pavelski

devilishleafs 07-03-2012 10:36 PM

Wilson would be a huge upgrade at 1C, Bozie is not a 1C. Like someone posted he fans out on scoring chances and is long slumping periods. Wilson would be great in a Leaf uniform and would excel with Lupal and Kessel. The guy is big strong and has speed, not to mention he will be in front of the net.

Duffman955 07-03-2012 10:36 PM

Burke has a **** ton of work to do to groom this team into a playoff team let alone a contender

Alexander Baigle 07-03-2012 10:36 PM

Dear Burke

Get or don't get Pavelski

Crispy Crust 07-03-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilishleafs (Post 52061177)
Wilson would be a huge upgrade at 1C, Bozie is not a 1C. Like someone posted he fans out on scoring chances and is long slumping periods. Wilson would be great in a Leaf uniform and would excel with Lupal and Kessel. The guy is big strong and has speed, not to mention he will be in front of the net.

Wilson would be a huge coup for us. Highly skilled/high IQ player up the middle who makes his teammates better. Count me in on this.

IWD 07-03-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beleafer4 (Post 52060595)
Bozak is a whopping two years younger. By that age, grabbo had already ammassed 50 points playing with two second liners, something bozak couldnt do playing with two first liners. So I highly doubt bozaks potential is higher.

Bozak plays best with kessel because he is bigger. Thats why guys like lombo, connolly and grabovski dont work. Theyre too small. Bozak is not the better centerman though, and is easily replaceable. Hope you realize that.

I'd be interested in seeing what Bozak can do this year. His third full-season, and a contract year going into free agency. The latter seems to be overlooked.

Grabovski is the better player, but if we can move him in a package for Ryan (starting to warm up to him), I'd be alright seeing Bozak on the top line. Not ideal, but whatever. I recall hearing that Kadri will start the year off as a center. Between him, Colborne, Connolly and a fully healthy Lombardi, we should be ok on our second line.

Interactif 07-03-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMcLeaf (Post 52060277)
I never said Grabo had bad linemates. I just said his linemates struggled. Kulie and Mac are good players.

Perhaps you have a different feelings, but I felt like Grabo was the best player on that line 90% of the time this past season. He was the only one creating chances, but no one could finish for him. He's obviously not a perfect player. He sometimes makes poor plays where he just comes in and throws a weak shot on net or into the defenders shins, and is also a bit streaky. With that said the guy has top notch effort every night and he loves it here and he has a great attitude. Burke is clearly a fan too.

I dont think we should settle for either though as our top center. One should go and we need to bring in a true number 1 someday. Id feel better with Grabo behind that number 1 vs. Bozak as I feel Bozak just doesnt look like the same player without Kessel. Grabo proved that even with struggling linemates he is a 50 pt player.

Fair points, it is sometimes lost, but MacArthur actually scored 1 less goal last year than his previous season, in 9 games less. So his production didn't slip actually. Kule's obviously did. In my opinion, Grabo will always be the player that looks good out there, he plays that sexy, flashy game, where when you look at him, you say 70 pt man, but in the end due to ordinary hockey sense, as you say questionable decision making on the ice, he seems destined to be a guy that will always leave you wanting more. Which is the usual 50-55 pt range.

It is important to remember Bozak is a player entering only his 3rd full NHL season, I said this last year coming off a bad year, he would have a good bouceback season. I'm saying it again, I wouldn't be surprised if he surpasses his career high 47 pts this year either. He is progressing as a pro, he finished strong last year despite the loss of Lupul. Think he's got more to offer than what he has shown even with last year's fine season.

departures89 07-03-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Baigle (Post 52061191)
Dear Burke

Get or don't get Pavelski


What about no Pavelski but Ryan Clowe instead ?

Dangles McGavin 07-03-2012 10:41 PM

How would Wilson be a huge upgrade at 1C? Guy's got potential but his highest point total is like 35 points.

Hardly a 1C.

devilishleafs 07-03-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crispy Crust (Post 52061263)
Wilson would be a huge coup for us. Highly skilled/high IQ player up the middle who makes his teammates better. Count me in on this.

Ya we need this kid badly. Give Nash Komi,Mac and Connolley. I know whats coming but they would fit Trotz's system.

Duffman955 07-03-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interactif (Post 52061323)
Fair points, it is sometimes lost, but MacArthur actually scored 1 less goal last year than his previous season, in 9 games less. So his production didn't slip actually. Kule's obviously did. In my opinion, Grabo will always be the player that looks good out there, he plays that sexy, flashy game, where when you look at him, you say 70 pt man, but in the end due to ordinary hockey sense, as you say questionable decision making on the ice, he seems destined to be a guy that will always leave you wanting more. Which is the usual 50-55 pt range.

It is important to remember Bozak is a player entering only his 3rd full NHL season, I said this last year coming off a bad year, he would have a good bouceback season. I'm saying it again, I wouldn't be surprised if he surpasses his career high 47 pts this year either. He is progressing as a pro, he finished strong last year despite the loss of Lupul. Think he's got more to offer than what he has shown even with last year's fine season.

I would be Okay with Bozie as a second line center, but we need someone with size and skill as the #1C. Since Grabo got an extension, and he does't work with kessel, Bozak seems like the odd man out. Personally don't have anything against him, but he is in a tough spot.

Kessely Snipes 07-03-2012 10:43 PM

Do you guys think the US holiday tomorrow has any effect on potential UFA signings / trade talk?

jajpan 07-03-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kessely Snipes (Post 52061569)
Do you guys think the US holiday tomorrow has any effect on potential UFA signings / trade talk?

No, did Canada day?

ULF_55 07-03-2012 10:45 PM

How did my guy Wilson enter the discussion?

Kessely Snipes 07-03-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jajpan (Post 52061655)
No, did Canada day?

No, but there is a bigger deal made out of the 4th of July compared to Canada day for the most part.

Phion Keneuf 07-03-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin (Post 52061465)
How would Wilson be a huge upgrade at 1C? Guy's got potential but his highest point total is like 35 points.

Hardly a 1C.

Lol this. He's not even a top 6er yet...

devilishleafs 07-03-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 52061693)
How did my guy Wilson enter the discussion?

Oh you know there is rumors saying Burke is pushing for Wilson out of Nash right now. Is there any truth to that who frickin knows?

Interactif 07-03-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duffman955 (Post 52061479)
I would be Okay with Bozie as a second line center, but we need someone with size and skill as the #1C. Since Grabo got an extension, and he does't work with kessel, Bozak seems like the odd man out. Personally don't have anything against him, but he is in a tough spot.

As Burke likes to say, he's a Burkie pick...or signing. Bozie was one of the most sought after FA's the year he signed. The odds are against college signings, but he seems to have proven he is a full time NHL'er. I know Burke would trade anyone if it improved his team, but I have a feeling he would be more reluctant to trade Bozie based on last year and the promise he showed especially when Lupul went down.

devilishleafs 07-03-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf (Post 52062127)
Lol this. He's not even a top 6er yet...

Are u kidding me?!? Wilson is better than any of our centers besides Grabo at this point. Wilson would be a great addition.

RaskY 07-03-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilishleafs (Post 52062325)
Are u kidding me?!? Wilson is better than any of our centers besides Grabo at this point. Wilson would be a great addition.

Not really. Bozak is better and also has great chemistry with Kessel and Lupul.

Duffman955 07-03-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaskY (Post 52062509)
Not really. Bozak is better and also has great chemistry with Kessel and Lupul.

This. WTF has Wilson done since getting drafted that warrants a top 6 spot?

He has slightly higher PPG than kadri and kadri has only played half a season, while wilson has had 2 and a half seasons to prove himself

Interactif 07-03-2012 11:09 PM

Colin Wilson was behind Legwand, Gaustad, and Fisher in the playoffs last season for NASH. Not exactly the Pens C's prior to the Staal trade.

ULF_55 07-03-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf (Post 52062127)
Lol this. He's not even a top 6er yet...

No he's not a 1st. line center, and I don't see his upside as 1st. line center.

Was Brind'Amour really a 1st. line center? That was C.Wilson's projection. Maybe a 1C on a weak team, but an ideal 2nd. line center.

He's progressing nicely, and is exactly the type of player to get. He's ready to take a step up from a regular NHL player to a more important NHL player.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.