HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New Jersey Devils (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2012 - Part 9 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1223839)

glenwo2 07-04-2012 09:05 AM

Free Agent Frenzy 2012 - Part 9

Continue.....until the hurting stops.

Can we haz a decision, Zachy-poo? :help:

AND IF YOU CHOOSE THE WILD, THEN TO HELL WITH CROM AND TO HELL WITH YOU! :rant:

severian 07-04-2012 09:06 AM

fireworks factory?

britdevil 07-04-2012 09:06 AM

We made it to Part 9.

It's an omen.

njdevil26 07-04-2012 09:06 AM

Hey look at that I'm back.

glenwo2 07-04-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njdevil26 (Post 52077087)

Don't push it, man.

Just stick with the thread and do NOT discuss what should not be discussed if you know what I mean.

JimEIV 07-04-2012 09:08 AM

If he goes to Minnesota are they going to strip the "c" away from koivu?

GM17* 07-04-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njdevil26 (Post 52077087)

WHERE'D YA GO?! haaaaaaaaaa

JimEIV 07-04-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenwo2 (Post 52077133)
Don't push it, man.

Just stick with the thread and do NOT discuss what should not be discussed if you know what I mean.

Alexander

glenwo2 07-04-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KovyLove (Post 52077163)
Alexander

Actually....that wasn't what I was referring to. Good guess, though. :laugh:

leftwing 07-04-2012 09:10 AM

I'm actually OK if it's Minnesota, much moreso than if it is Pitt/Philly.

I'm not a vindictive person but what I could not bear would be Zach lifting the Cup around someone else's arena. There's a real chance of that with either of those two teams. The graphic of Crosby or Malkin handing it off to him after a 90pt season would KILL.

With Minny, no such chance. Skate into obscurity, enjoy the woods, lakes, and 12 inches of ice that covers the parking lots from Sept through April.

kyle evs48 07-04-2012 09:10 AM

whaaaaat

NJDevs26 07-04-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by åboriginal (Post 52076899)
i wouldnt go that far. and id blame lou for this ****. sign him during the year and the problem doesnt even arise.

You don't think the agents and his dad had a 'little' something to do with Zach not signing during the year? Not to mention the fact we had zero playoff success since 2006 and ownership was (is?) still a question mark.

I'm not going to blame Lou when a guy turns down $80-100 million from contenders to take $110 million to play on a loser with his buddy.

Devilsfan92 07-04-2012 09:12 AM

If he chooses Minny I hope a reporter calls him out after all the times he said he wants to win.

coolstorybro 07-04-2012 09:12 AM

i wish he didnt string us along. he knew he wasnt going to come back imo

Bleedred 07-04-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nona weisbaum (Post 52076871)
So Parise finally plays for a team that has playoff success after being frustrated for years with getting knocked out in early rounds. His solution is to sign with Minnesota when winning is one of his main priorities? He's either chasing money or just really ****ing stupid because he's going to have to start from scratch again to help build that team up to contender status.

Who really knows wtf is going on. Wouldn't surprise me in the least though if Suter and Parise were a package deal at this point.

Agreed on everything. This is simply about money, and Suter if he plays for that garbage team. They are a PLAYOFF team at best with those two. Playoff contending team. Not Championship team. If they suck, and he goes there he's got no one to blame, but his self for signing with a perennial loser. I would rather see him go to Pittsburgh cause at least they are a contender every year. It might sit with me better in my conscience that he went there to play for a winner, and to play with Crosby, and Malkin. Other than that I know many of you disagree, and would be happy if he didn't stay in the division, but that's just my take.

Prediction on how many Wild fans will be over when he signs? They were crawling all over the place before free agency began!

NJD Kula 07-04-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leftwing (Post 52077211)

I'm not a vindictive person but what I could not bear would be Zach lifting the Cup around someone else's arena. There's a real chance of that with either of those two teams. The graphic of Crosby or Malkin handing it off to him after a 90pt season would KILL.

With Minny, no such chance. Skate into obscurity, enjoy the woods, lakes, and 12 inches of ice that covers the parking lots from Sept through April.

At least it would make more sense although with Crosby 1 hit away from Lindros and them trading Staal away and having sucked so bad on d and g in the playoffs I don't see them winning another cup.

MJB Devils23* 07-04-2012 09:13 AM

I hate my life!

Saugus 07-04-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KovyLove (Post 52077149)
If he goes to Minnesota are they going to strip the "c" away from koivu?

Probably not. He'd get an A, I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by leftwing (Post 52077211)

I wouldn't be ok with it, but I would seriously laugh at anyone who suggests he's going there because he thinks they have a chance to win. You're quite right, in Minnesota he will find nothing but failing teams.

Devil X 07-04-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 (Post 52077261)
If he chooses Minny I hope a reporter calls him out after all the times he said he wants to win.

If Suter does go also he will put the "young core" and "will be contenders very soon and for a long time" stuff.

Luke3026 07-04-2012 09:14 AM

If we're grasping a straws here, the only hope of resigning might be that there hasn't really been any leaks about the contract yet, Lou-style.

I'm fine with him leaving. Let's see how he likes the pressure of being "the man" somewhere. Making 8 mil and scoring 30 goals and 32 assists? Good luck with that....

Fire Dumboer 07-04-2012 09:14 AM

This is turning into July 1st again but its Minny not Pitt, on July 1st everyone said he was leaving and going to Pitt now it is July 4th and everyone is saying Minny, no decision has been made yet

glenwo2 07-04-2012 09:15 AM

Looking at this whole situation again....

I can see why it would be preferable that it's NOT the Pens, Flyers, or whatever other Division foe or Eastern Conference foe.

That said, however, if it's true that it's down to just the Wild and Us, if he chooses the Wild then what does that say about the Devils? Beaten out by a Loser Franchise with a Loser Owner and a Loser Coach coaching for a Loser team.

Scottyk9 07-04-2012 09:15 AM

Can't wait until Danny Heatley requests a trade out of there before Koivu Zach and Suter get more attention.

njdevil26 07-04-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenwo2 (Post 52077133)
Don't push it, man.

Thank god you're my therapist or I'd be in a pickle! haha.

JimEIV 07-04-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 (Post 52077261)

"We have a good young core, strong goaltending, a lot of prospects on the horizon ....yadda yadda, yadda...in this league anyone can win in any given year....yadda,yadda, yadda....I just came from a team that went from lottery pick to the finals....blah, blah, blah"

There is his answer verbatim.