HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Letter from the owner. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1224333)

Dakota Sioux 07-04-2012 04:07 PM

Letter from the owner.

July 4, 2012
An Open Letter to the Fans of the State of Hockey:
It seems like yesterday, but it was more than 4 years ago that I bought the Minnesota Wild. I came to the State of Hockey with high hopes and big dreams. I knew all about the loyal fan base and the remarkable support here in Minnesota. I felt the team had a solid roster and we were coming off of two straight playoff appearances and the franchise’s first-ever Northwest Division Championship. The future looked bright.

Long story, short…things didn’t work out the way I expected. Issues in and out of our control went south, and I’ll be the first to acknowledge we have struggled. We made some difficult changes throughout the organization and I’ve had ample opportunity to work on a couple of skills we all need in life…patience and humility.

Like you, I’ve been disappointed with our results the past few seasons. But, at the same time I saw some hope emerging. I am extremely proud of the work Chuck Fletcher and his staff has done to build perhaps the very best group of young prospects in the NHL today. Those of you who follow us closely know all about the likes of Mikael Granlund, Jonas Brodin, Charlie Coyle, and Jason Zucker among others. Those players represent the bright future of our franchise and it’s been proven time and time again that drafting and developing young talent is the most reliable path to sustained playoff success.

Having said that, when the season ended in April, I found myself wondering, perhaps as you did, how long that process might take and how we could accelerate it. To Chuck’s credit, he had an ambitious plan and today’s announcement of the signing of free agents Zach Parise and Ryan Suter marks the culmination of that plan. We now have the two most coveted free agents in the NHL to add to our veteran core, led by our captain Mikko Koivu, and our acclaimed class of young prospects. Sounds pretty good to me.

As Chuck has said, this is a rare opportunity to bring two players of this caliber, both in the prime of their careers, to our franchise. I want to thank Zach, Ryan and their respective agents/advisors for their decisions in our favor. I know they both had numerous, attractive offers (some higher than ours). I also want to thank Chuck and his staff for their creativity, vision and earnest pursuit of these players. We are obviously thrilled with this outcome.
Finally and most importantly, I felt like we had a “secret weapon” working in our favor during these negotiations…the spirit and dedication of you fans of the State of Hockey. It’s no secret that both Zach and Ryan have strong ties to this area. They’ve had first-hand experience with the extraordinary pride and unrelenting passion of our fans. Ultimately,
I firmly believe that you fans were the deciding factor in their decision and so my final “thank you” is reserved for you.

Now, the real proof will come when we hit the ice this season. But, I am confident that we have taken a huge step forward today. It’s high time that the fans of the State of Hockey are rewarded with playoff success. I can’t wait…oh yeah, that patience thing again!
Sincerely,
Craig Leipold

Minnesota 07-05-2012 12:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
In PDF form for anyone who wants it.

LordFletcher 07-05-2012 12:55 AM

saw this earlier today and thought nothing but class from our owner. I love how much of a fan he is.

IronRangeHockey 07-05-2012 02:21 AM

Thats really cool, I really like this entire regime. Leipold, Fletch, and hopefully Yeo is equally impressive.

Just awesome!

stocky 07-05-2012 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordFletcher (Post 52148087)
saw this earlier today and thought nothing but class from our owner. I love how much of a fan he is.

Agreed. Cant wait for the season to start :handclap:

TaLoN 07-05-2012 03:34 AM

Gotta love CL as an owner! He clearly wants to win!

It's nice to have two owners in town at least willing to do what it takes... The Wild's fortunes look to be changing for the better finally, hope the same can happen for the Vikes too!

Billy Mays Here 07-05-2012 03:48 AM

What a liar. You know damn well he just had Kassian write the whole thing and send it to him piece by piece over Twitter. :sarcasm:

Lars The GOAT Eller 07-05-2012 03:55 AM

I enjoy his brutal honesty and seeing him not trying to sugarcode the last few seasons.

Blakkmantis 07-05-2012 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoingItLeBlancWay (Post 52150645)
I enjoy his brutal honesty and seeing him not trying to sugarcode the last few seasons.

Hard to sugar coat a crap sandwich, cuz in the end it is just sugar coated crap, lol.

Lars The GOAT Eller 07-05-2012 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blakkmantis (Post 52150669)
Hard to sugar coat a crap sandwich, cuz in the end it is just sugar coated crap, lol.

I meant that he could have kept silent but it's nice he acknowledged it.

Blakkmantis 07-05-2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoingItLeBlancWay (Post 52151275)
I meant that he could have kept silent but it's nice he acknowledged it.

Gotcha, and I agree!

Granlund 64 07-05-2012 09:32 AM

Love having a rube for an owner.

Engebretson 07-05-2012 09:37 AM

Good letter, and it was especially good in addressing the concerns of many fans who were either on the fence or fading away from being a fan of this franchise.

Also, I don't think I can make fun of Wisconsin as much anymore seeing as my new favorite defenseman and the owner who opened up his wallet are both "Sons of the Cheese". ;)

nickschultzfan 07-05-2012 10:20 AM

The turning point in this franchise happened when Leopold became the owner.

The Holy Trinity
Leopold
Fletcher
Yeo

Northland Wild Man 07-05-2012 11:15 AM

Very honest and classy letter. I'm glad we have an owner who is willing to be honest with the fan base.

BigT2002 07-05-2012 11:23 AM

What a suck up to the ticket holders :sarcasm: :D

Avder 07-05-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northland Wild Man (Post 52160801)
Very honest and classy letter. I'm glad we have an owner who is willing to be honest with the fan base.

Its like the exact opposite of the letter the Cavs owner put out after LeBron ditched Cleveland.

Paul Bunyan 07-05-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granlund 64 (Post 52155719)

Me too. Listening to him on KFAN the other day, and reading his quotes from Russo and many other sources, it almost reminded me of the giddiness that Mark Cuban displayed in ripping apart Skip Bayless on ESPN after the recent NBA finals and how much he just enjoys running a team and trying to make it successful.

After having horrible owners in this market for quite some time in most of our sporting franchises, it's nice to see that 3/4 of them are good ones and are on the right path.

Jury is still out on the Pohlads for me.

Northland Wild Man 07-05-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Bunyan (Post 52163493)
Me too. Listening to him on KFAN the other day, and reading his quotes from Russo and many other sources, it almost reminded me of the giddiness that Mark Cuban displayed in ripping apart Skip Bayless on ESPN after the recent NBA finals and how much he just enjoys running a team and trying to make it successful.

After having horrible owners in this market for quite some time in most of our sporting franchises, it's nice to see that 3/4 of them are good ones and are on the right path.

Jury is still out on the Pohlads for me.

Welcome

Surly Furious 07-05-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granlund 64 (Post 52155719)

Especially a WEALTHY rube.

Paul Bunyan 07-05-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northland Wild Man (Post 52165705)
Welcome

Thank you Sir.

Long time browser, but after trying to explain how yesterday went down to a bunch of riled up fans of other teams who refused to see reason, I figured I'd make the jump to a more rational and knowledgeable group. :nod:

LordFletcher 07-05-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bookman (Post 52166625)
Especially a WEALTHY rube.

to be fair, his sugar momma has all the wealth... CL was doing just fine before getting hitched but talk about hitting a home run on sugar mommas!!! :handclap::yo:

It's funny listening / reading all the Preds fans saying how terrible of an owner CL was. Most of them just have no clue of what took place but act as if they do (when CL sold the team).... I feel bad for them losing Suter but all of that blame should be directed to Poile, who know one wants to do.... Lou and Poile are 100% responsible for these two guys becoming free agents.

Ladde 07-05-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordFletcher (Post 52176021)
It's funny listening / reading all the Preds fans saying how terrible of an owner CL was. Most of them just have no clue of what took place but act as if they do (when CL sold the team).... I feel bad for them losing Suter but all of that blame should be directed to Poile, who know one wants to do.... Lou and Poile are 100% responsible for these two guys becoming free agents.

Yeah a lot of hate going towards the Wild and Leopold when their own Gm,Owner and ofc Suter are responsible for what happend on 4th.

Blakkmantis 07-05-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Bunyan (Post 52173103)
Thank you Sir.

Long time browser, but after trying to explain how yesterday went down to a bunch of riled up fans of other teams who refused to see reason, I figured I'd make the jump to a more rational and knowledgeable group. :nod:

So your going to go to another forums then?

joking :laugh:

Dakota Sioux 07-05-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigT2002 (Post 52161275)
What a suck up to the ticket holders :sarcasm: :D

Speaking of which another 1000 season tickets have been sold since ZP and RS signed yesterday.