HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Wing Men - where will they land? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1224419)

JawandaPuck 07-04-2012 06:28 PM

Wing Men - where will they land?

Wingers: On the Block and Top Remaining UFAs
Rick Nash
Bobby Ryan
Shane Doan
Ales Hemsky
Alex Semin (UFA)
Andrei Kostitsyn (UFA)

Teams Looking for a Sniper
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2:26 PM - 4 Jul 12: Ball now in CBJ court. Det, Pitt, NYR, Phil, SJ all on the list with Carolina possible. Has to be a "homerun" in that group.

So if I take that list and match the teams up with names, here is what makes the most sense to me:

NYR - Rick Nash
PHI - Bobby Ryan
PIT - Ales Hemsky
DET - Alex Semin (UFA)
SJS - Shane Doan
CAR - Andrei Kostitsyn (UFA)

How about your guesses?

Gustav Nyquist 07-04-2012 06:32 PM

What about Huselius?

jukon 07-04-2012 06:32 PM

It's funny that even after he just resigned for 2 years Hemsky is still a top trade rumor. Hemsky will play for Edmonton. That is a no brainer.

JawandaPuck 07-04-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarnkrok (Post 52122669)
what about huselius?

njd?

Arrch 07-04-2012 06:35 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see Doan in Dallas. I think Nash to NYR is the most likely, as is Semin to DET.

WJG 07-04-2012 06:37 PM

Supposedly the Jets are still in talks with Kyle Wellwood, but if signs elsewhere I could see us going after Semin or more likely Kostitsyn.

TLinden16 07-04-2012 06:38 PM

NYR - Rick Nash
PHI - Bobby Ryan
PIT - Huselius
DET - Alex Semin
SJS - will flame out on Nash and stand still or sign a 3rd line wing...maybe Kyle Wellwood (I can see him returning to SJ)
CAR - Andrei Kostitsyn

Mueller and Wolski will probably wait and be someone's last minute grasp at a Top 6 wing.

SERE 24 07-04-2012 06:48 PM

Nash - CBJ
Ryan - NYR
Semin - DET
Doan - PHX
Huselius - SJS
Kostitsyn - CAR

I doubt we end up with Ryan, but I have no interest in Nash at this point. He's a good player, but Howson is out of his mind and we just finished first in the East and were 1 game away from the SCF. I don't feel compelled to shake things up enough to land Nash.

Stop Winnin 07-04-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPF24 (Post 52123631)
Nash - CBJ
Ryan - NYR
Semin - DET
Doan - PHX
Huselius - SJS
Kostitsyn - CAR

I doubt we end up with Ryan, but I have no interest in Nash at this point. He's a good player, but Howson is out of his mind and we just finished first in the East and were 1 game away from the SCF. I don't feel compelled to shake things up enough to land Nash.

It will require similar assets to acquire Ryan.

Dr Swag 07-04-2012 06:51 PM

All of them to Toronto.

BoldNewLettuce 07-04-2012 06:53 PM

Rick Nash - NYR
Bobby Ryan - ANA
Shane Doan - DAL
Ales Hemsky - EDM
Alex Semin (UFA) - MON
Andrei Kostitsyn (UFA) - NAS

SERE 24 07-04-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kishire (Post 52123763)
It will require similar assets to acquire Ryan.

I'm aware, but I think Ryan is the better, younger, cheaper player who will be in his prime for longer. I also think Howson has turned down good offers that other GMs would have given more consideration to because he knows that without a king's ransom in return and a very different season in Columbus, he is likely on the hot-seat. I also suspect Anaheim's needs might be slightly different and we might be able to put together a package that's more attractive to them without moving assets Howson demands. Most importantly though, if we're going to cough up that kind of package, I'd simply rather it be for Ryan. He's younger, very comparable statistically (IMO, better) and his contract is 2.7M less.

hyduK 07-04-2012 07:04 PM

everyone but wings fans seem to think semin in DET in guaranteed haha.

id love him but i have a feeling he's not on kens list.

avsman 07-04-2012 07:35 PM

i wouldnt be surprised to see colorado pick up one more scoring winger

MurrayBannerman 07-04-2012 08:16 PM

Nash and Semin to Detroit

Gump Hasek 07-04-2012 08:20 PM

Winnipeg will surprise and take one of the wingers from that list.

LatvianTwist 07-04-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrch (Post 52122829)
I wouldn't be surprised to see Doan in Dallas. I think Nash to NYR is the most likely, as is Semin to DET.

GMJN is done signing people, unless Doan takes a big discount to play on the 3rd line here.

If he really is asking for 4-5 years, no way we touch that.

Here are my predictions:

Nash - CBJ (Unless Howson drops the price, he's not moving)
Ryan - ANA (He's not exactly available, and I don't see Philly or any other team offering the overpayment required)
Hemsky - EDM (he just got re-signed...)
Doan - PHX (I think they manage to keep him. If the ownership doesn't work out, it's SJ or bust though)
Semin - DET (Perfect fit for a team about to really be put to the test)
Kostitsyn - I have no idea, really.

allan5oh 07-04-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gump Hasek (Post 52128925)
Winnipeg will surprise and take one of the wingers from that list.

X2

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJG (Post 52122971)
Supposedly the Jets are still in talks with Kyle Wellwood, but if signs elsewhere I could see us going after Semin or more likely Kostitsyn.

Try the other way around. Chevy is still looking to upgrade, and the most obvious is the 2nd RW spot. I think Wellwood is our backup plan, not our first option.

Aeneas 07-05-2012 11:14 AM

Nash - NYR
Ryan - ANA
Hemsky - EDM
Doan - PHX
Semin - COL
Kostitsyn - CAR

Reaper45 07-05-2012 11:15 AM

Doan to LA.

n3ss 07-05-2012 11:32 AM

The caps need a winger who can put pucks in the net. I'm hoping GMGM goes after Ryan since he obviously has no interest in FA acquisitions.

Matt Ryan 07-05-2012 11:34 AM

Hemsky is not getting traded.

If he does, I'd speculate it's to Dallas, but that's about it. It's still unlikely.

LatvianTwist 07-05-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huge for Nuge (Post 52158425)
Hemsky is not getting traded.

If he does, I'd speculate it's to Dallas, but that's about it. It's still unlikely.

Why Dallas? We just signed Whitney who plays a similar role, and we need stopgaps, not long term contracts.

Unless he's dirt cheap, no thanks.

tempest2i 07-05-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LatvianTwist (Post 52159857)
Why Dallas? We just signed Whitney who plays a similar role, and we need stopgaps, not long term contracts.

Unless he's dirt cheap, no thanks.

2 years is signed long term?

karsonjustin2 07-05-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JawandaPuck (Post 52122435)
Wingers: On the Block and Top Remaining UFAs
Rick Nash
Bobby Ryan
Shane Doan
Ales Hemsky
Alex Semin (UFA)
Andrei Kostitsyn (UFA)

Teams Looking for a Sniper
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2:26 PM - 4 Jul 12: Ball now in CBJ court. Det, Pitt, NYR, Phil, SJ all on the list with Carolina possible. Has to be a "homerun" in that group.

So if I take that list and match the teams up with names, here is what makes the most sense to me:

NYR - Rick Nash
PHI - Bobby Ryan
PIT - Ales Hemsky
DET - Alex Semin (UFA)
SJS - Shane Doan
CAR - Andrei Kostitsyn (UFA)

How about your guesses?

Here is where I think they will land and what their traded/signed for.

Rick Nash - (NYR) for Dubinsky, Del Zotto, and a 1rst
Bobby Ryan - (PHI) for Simmonds, Couturier, and a 1rst
Alex Semin - (DET) for $5,500,000
Shane Doan - (TOR) for $4,000,000
Ales Hemsky - (SJS) for Murray, and a 2nd
Andrei Kostitsyn - (CLB) for 2,500,000