HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   For All Needing A Good Laugh (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=122452)

FearTheFlyers 01-06-2005 07:31 PM

For All Needing A Good Laugh
 
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...21#post2326121

MacDaddy TLC* 01-06-2005 07:54 PM

Those who understand how things work, won't be laughing.

paxtang 01-06-2005 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayor of MacAppolis
Those who understand how things work, won't be laughing.

Oh, and because you're a Toronto fan, you do?

No one else notices how they only making a big deal out of this is Toronto fans? Once someone even comes close to being on the market, all of a sudden, the Leafs are the mostly likely destination.

Keep hoping guys.

GKJ 01-06-2005 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayor of MacAppolis
Those who understand how things work, won't be laughing.


If you really think that if the lockout goes past June 1, 2005 that when the lockout is over, teams won't be given the opportunity to sign their prospects?



if not, you're not one of these people. Please. Just because he plays near Toronto doesn't mean that he is destined to be a Toronto Maple Leaf.

Madevilz 01-06-2005 09:41 PM

Leafs fans think everybody wants to play for them :speechles

CharlieGirl 01-06-2005 10:49 PM

Perhaps he will become a Leaf..... in 15 or 16 years! :D

Flyman 01-07-2005 05:57 AM

too funny to see Leafs fans believe so much in this! :lol

swflyers8* 01-07-2005 07:34 AM

Quote:

Those who understand how things work, won't be laughing.
You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure this out, it's very easy:

No CBA = No draft No picks can re-enter a draft because there isn't one.
Lockout = No signing No one can sign any players.

Clarke has kept in close contact with both players. They will be wearing orange and black, no blue white only maybe when they get older. :lol

blah 01-07-2005 09:30 AM

Leaf fans... :joker:

MojoJojo 01-07-2005 09:42 AM

This reminds me so much of the Habs fans creaming themselves over Gagne.

MacDaddy TLC* 01-07-2005 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paxtang
Oh, and because you're a Toronto fan, you do?

not because I'm a Toronto fan, but because I'm smarter than you.


Once the league returns to business (maybe should have said if), Carter can go to court and use the precedent set in Kiel McLeod's case and win his rights to free agency if the league tries to deny him that right. He was drafted under the old CBA and that is the system he will operate under. It seems other GMs took care of their business. Clarke didn't.

Diesel 01-07-2005 10:50 AM

Just to let you folks know, I posted a bet on the Leafs board challenging the first person who responds to my post to bet me $100 U.S. that Carter and Richards will remain with the Flyers when the new CBA is in place.

MacDaddy TLC* 01-07-2005 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel
Just to let you folks know, I posted a bet on the Leafs board challenging the first person who responds to my post to bet me $100 U.S. that Carter and Richards will remain with the Flyers when the new CBA is in place.

but what Diesel failed to mention is that when you read his post, he wants the position that one or both won't be Flyers when this mess is sorted out. :lol


http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php...&postcount=127

http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2328738&postcount=128

GoneFullHextall 01-07-2005 01:06 PM

Richards and Carter will both be Flyers when ever the NHL starts up again. Gotta feel for Leaf fans thou, their team gets beaten on a yearly basis by the Flyers so i guess they feel that the Flyers top prospects will play for the Leafs because their bios say so on their teams websites. I am just wondering when the bio's were last updated. maybe Carter and Richards will be Leafs when they are 38 or 39 years old.

MacDaddy TLC* 01-07-2005 01:15 PM

Gotta feel for the Flyers fans. They must be scared if they feel it is necessary to poke fun at other teams' fans.

I for one would be looking into the Kiel McLeod scenario. I lived through the Ballard era when all steps were taken, including not taking the WHA seriously and selling off farm clubs in the name of saving a buck. This move by Clarke reeks of a Ballardesque move, especially if the rollbacks were to bring Carter and Richards' contracts down to what he hopes to have accomplished by waiting for a new CBA. It would especially piss me off if it bites the team in the ass. I would have preferred he played it safe, like all the smart GMs did.

CharlieGirl 01-07-2005 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
Richards and Carter will both be Flyers when ever the NHL starts up again. Gotta feel for Leaf fans thou, their team gets beaten on a yearly basis by the Flyers so i guess they feel that the Flyers top prospects will play for the Leafs because their bios say so on their teams websites. I am just wondering when the bio's were last updated. maybe Carter and Richards will be Leafs when they are 38 or 39 years old.

Richards Team Canada bio states that his favourite NHL team growing up was Vancouver, and I've heard him say that he loved the Winnipeg Jets.... I'm not sure where the Leafs fans saw that he was a Toronto fan..... Carter maybe, but not Richards.

Never fear though Leafs fans..... I'm sure they'll both learn to dislike the Leafs just as much as the rest of us! :D

bennysflyers16 01-07-2005 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayor of MacAppolis
Gotta feel for the Flyers fans. They must be scared if they feel it is necessary to poke fun at other teams' fans.

I for one would be looking into the Kiel McLeod scenario. I lived through the Ballard era when all steps were taken, including not taking the WHA seriously and selling off farm clubs in the name of saving a buck. This move by Clarke reeks of a Ballardesque move, especially if the rollbacks were to bring Carter and Richards' contracts down to what he hopes to have accomplished by waiting for a new CBA. It would especially piss me off if it bites the team in the ass. I would have preferred he played it safe, like all the smart GMs did.


If there was even 1% doubt in CLarke or Sniders mind that they would lose these guys, they would have been signed ! Flyers throw money around just as much as anyone, THEY WOULD NOT risk losing these 2 over what amounts to chump change to the FLyer's organization !

paxtang 01-07-2005 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayor of MacAppolis
Gotta feel for the Flyers fans. They must be scared if they feel it is necessary to poke fun at other teams' fans.

Gotta feel for Leaf fans, who try to pin their hopes on the idea that other teams prospects will fall in their laps once hockey starts again. You must be really sad about your own prospect pool, if you have to keep dreaming about this.

Rex88 01-07-2005 02:29 PM

This is a waste of space. NOBODY knows what will happen with the new NHL/CBA landscape although if prospects are lost there will be mutiny by many owners and GM's.

I vote to close this thread - seconds??

MojoJojo 01-07-2005 02:35 PM

I vote to close the Toronto message board down entirely, but then they would probably just post here more often.

DeleteThisAccount 01-07-2005 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex88
I vote to close this thread - seconds??

Second.

(and in true Janitor Scruffy style...)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoJojo
I vote to close the Toronto message board down entirely, but then they would probably just post here more often.

Second.

bennysflyers16 01-07-2005 02:45 PM

Close it , but do not go to the Leaf board, you will lose your mind.

MacDaddy TLC* 01-07-2005 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16
Close it , but do not go to the Leaf board, you will lose your mind.

Mostly from trying to make sense of this. it is easy to see how a screw up could have been made.

MacDaddy TLC* 01-07-2005 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungryforHockey25
No CBA = No draft No picks can re-enter a draft because there isn't one.
Lockout = No signing No one can sign any players.

BUT.....

The NHL has stated that the clock is still running on the current existing contracts, meaning that players with deals that expire in 2005, will see their contract expire in 2005, not rolled over because there was no season.

http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2329055&postcount=142

http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2329113&postcount=145

http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2330042&postcount=175

EDIT: Seriously, everyone should check this thread out. I wish it could be closed to everyone except Leafs side (Messenger and Ulf) and Flyers side (Benny and Jester) All 4 are doing a bang up job in this debate.

Steve L* 01-07-2005 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayor of MacAppolis
BUT.....

The NHL has stated that the clock is still running on the current existing contracts, meaning that players with deals that expire in 2005, will see their contract expire in 2005, not rolled over because there was no season.

They might have done but seeing as Carter and Richards dont have a contract, it doesnt really affect them, does it?

It all depends on the new CBA and noone knows (well maybe the GMs which is why Clarke didnt sign them) so theres no point argueing about it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.