HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Oilers sign Dane Byers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1224661)

Paralyzer008 07-04-2012 10:29 PM

Oilers sign Dane Byers
 
link coming

The @NHL_Oilers have signed forward Dane Byers to a 1-year, 2-way deal. He is a hard-nosed 26 year-old who has spent six seasons in the AHL

per bob stauffer

https://twitter.com/#!/Bob_Stauffer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKeJHMf-eXE

Mr Forever 07-04-2012 10:31 PM

Yeah!

Krut 07-04-2012 10:31 PM

Looks like an OKC signing.

Jimmi Jenkins 07-04-2012 10:33 PM

Toughness, Laki will be happy. I think he's been ok when called upon, I don't mind it.

tempest2i 07-04-2012 10:33 PM

Less career AHL forwards, more NHL top-4 Dmen.

Please.

Cerebral 07-04-2012 10:33 PM

There's the forward for Oklahoma. He has a pretty good track record in the AHL - he's a two time twenty goal scorer. Oklahoma will be interesting this year as Paajarvi could start the season down there along with Lander. Add in Keller, Pitlick, and Arcobello that's six forwards already.

dnicks17 07-04-2012 10:34 PM

Nice veteran signing for OKC.

Been the captain of the Falcons, Whale and Wolf Pack in the last three seasons.

Spawn 07-04-2012 10:34 PM

Never heard of him :dunno: Hopefully he's good for OKC.

Auguste Escoffier 07-04-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

My work here, it is done.

- Steve Tambellini
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrqosu8iSk1qltt8q.gif

Bryanbryoil 07-04-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerebral (Post 52141805)
There's the forward for Oklahoma. He has a pretty good track record in the AHL - he's a two time twenty goal scorer. Oklahoma will be interesting this year as Paajarvi could start the season down there along with Lander. Add in Keller, Pitlick, and Arcobello that's six forwards already.

Could be wrong, but didn't Keller head overseas?

jebs 07-04-2012 10:36 PM

Dominos

dnicks17 07-04-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spawn (Post 52141867)
Never heard of him :dunno: Hopefully he's good for OKC.

He's Lyndon Byers' cousin if that's worth anything. ;)

oilersfan11 07-04-2012 10:37 PM

Good signing for our AHL team.

Lion 07-04-2012 10:39 PM

Impact signing

Cerebral 07-04-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil (Post 52141945)
Could be wrong, but didn't Keller head overseas?

Ahh, I think you might be right.

Pitlick played wing most of the year right? It might be nice to give him a shot at centre this year with a veteran like Byers on the wing.

MeestaDeteta 07-04-2012 10:40 PM

A very "meh" signing. Hopefully provide some grit to the farm.

Hockey Fan #751 07-04-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerebral (Post 52141805)
There's the forward for Oklahoma. He has a pretty good track record in the AHL - he's a two time twenty goal scorer. Oklahoma will be interesting this year as Paajarvi could start the season down there along with Lander. Add in Keller, Pitlick, and Arcobello that's six forwards already.

Unless CBA talks progress, Hall, Eberle, Schultz and possibly RNH will also be starting the season down there.

IBleedOil247 07-04-2012 10:46 PM

Boom.....Dynamite!!!!

402 07-04-2012 10:46 PM

Can we afford signing guys like these I've heard we have "too many players" lately

Alex87 07-04-2012 10:46 PM

Another coup.

dnicks17 07-04-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerebral (Post 52142213)
Ahh, I think you might be right.

Pitlick played wing most of the year right? It might be nice to give him a shot at centre this year with a veteran like Byers on the wing.

Yup. I could see them running with Pitlick, Lander, Vande Velde and House/Martindale at center next year.

Bryanbryoil 07-04-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hope4theFuture (Post 52142279)
A very "meh" signing. Hopefully provide some grit to the farm.

Not every signing is going to be a "sexy" one. This sounds like a solid addition to help mentor our kids down there while also providing leadership, grit and production.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey Fan #751 (Post 52142447)
Unless CBA talks progress, Hall, Eberle, Schultz and possibly RNH will also be starting the season down there.

Greatest AHL team ever?

Groucho 07-04-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil (Post 52141945)
Could be wrong, but didn't Keller head overseas?

thought I read that on twitter but I can't remember who's feed it was.

lakai17 07-04-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins (Post 52141785)
Toughness, Laki will be happy. I think he's been ok when called upon, I don't mind it.

well yeah, he's fairly young, tough as nails, can contribute, has a few NHL games under his belt and will stand up for the young guns.

Oilerdiehard 07-04-2012 10:51 PM

OKC signing, he did play 8 games for the CBJ last season.

Looks like he has put up pretty decent points in the AHL and has a history of raking up some penalty minutes. 6'3, 204 pounds, LW and a former 2nd round pick.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.