HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Jay Bouwmeester to Edmonton? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1224669)

lakai17 07-04-2012 10:33 PM

Jay Bouwmeester to Edmonton?
 
We can give you Whitney straight up...

Jokininen is gone, we can give you Sam Gagner or Shawn Horcoff plus??

What would Jay Feaster want?

Dr Danglefest 07-04-2012 10:47 PM

I could see a deal around gagner and Jay Bo

In before someone says eberle...

InfinityIggy 07-04-2012 10:55 PM

No thanks. No incentive for the Flames to trade him for Gagner.

hfboardsuser 07-04-2012 10:56 PM

----

9GWG9 07-04-2012 11:02 PM

Say no to Bouw!

We do not want him.

Izzy 07-04-2012 11:04 PM

Helpful to continue his 0 playoff games.

wahoyaho 07-04-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bugg (Post 52143213)
Whitney for Bouwmeester. I think it's fair- Whitney is obviously the bigger health risk, but he plays an up-tempo offensive game and had just nine fewer points in 30 fewer games. The Flames also gain nearly $3M in cap space in 2012-13, with Whitney coming off the books next summer.

Edmonton's impetus would be gaining an unspectacular minute-muncher who would pair well with either Jeff Petry or Justin Schultz.

Giordano-Wideman
Whitney-Babchuk
Butler-Sarich
Smith

Smid-Petry
Bouwmeester-J. Schultz
Sutton-N. Schultz
Potter

Maybe add a 2nd or something

Trae 07-04-2012 11:08 PM

If you think Bouw is going to be traded for a year of Whitney, you are way off the mark.

Especially to a rival, and especially in a dry market where top defenseman hold high value right now.

lakai17 07-04-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fst6 (Post 52143685)
Helpful to continue his 0 playoff games.

what are you trying to say? :dunno:

Henrik To Daniel 07-04-2012 11:16 PM

Flames aren't going to trade a top pairing dman to their biggest rival (a division rival at that) unless it's a huge overpayment.

Start with next years 1st, Gagner, MPS and that should get Feaster listening.

TheHudlinator 07-04-2012 11:18 PM

Whitney + Gagner

zeus3007* 07-04-2012 11:18 PM

Wouldn't take him for free. No, I wouldn't take him if the Flames paid us. He has zero playoff games. I don't think isn't a coincidence. The guy has no heart. Tons of skill. But no heart.

JSC 07-04-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel (Post 52144381)
Flames aren't going to trade a top pairing dman to their biggest rival (a division rival at that) unless it's a huge overpayment.

Start with next years 1st, Gagner, MPS and that should get Feaster listening.

Yeah, any of those pieces for Bouw is a hugh overpayment. If that's what it's going to take to get an albatross contract, I'd rather stay away.

Henrik To Daniel 07-04-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSC (Post 52144659)
Yeah, any of those pieces for Bouw is a hugh overpayment. If that's what it's going to take to get an albatross contract, I'd rather stay away.

Bouw's only on the books for two more years and last time I checked, Edmonton wasn't anywhere near $70.2M in cap.

Also with the addition of Bouwmeester, your defense wouldn't be the laughing stock of the league.

Actually, it probably still would.

nzoilerfan 07-04-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel (Post 52144381)
Flames aren't going to trade a top pairing dman to their biggest rival (a division rival at that) unless it's a huge overpayment.

Start with next years 1st, Gagner, MPS and that should get Feaster listening.

Good luck with that one.

Bouwmeesters contract severely lowers the trade value.

zeus3007* 07-04-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel (Post 52144865)
Bouw's only on the books for two more years and last time I checked, Edmonton wasn't anywhere near $70.2M in cap.

Also with the addition of Bouwmeester, your defense wouldn't be the laughing stock of the league.

Actually, it probably still would.

No need to burn up cash and cap space on a guy who we won`t want when we`re fighting for the division title in a couple of years.

Nice attempt at trolling to dude. In case you aren't aware (and its obvious that you aren't), the Oilers have a glut of defense prospects, many of who should end up as pretty solid NHL'ers, a couple of potential top pair guys. We are in the business of building from within, not taking other teams bad contracts.

oilinblood 07-04-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeus3007 (Post 52144507)
Wouldn't take him for free. No, I wouldn't take him if the Flames paid us. He has zero playoff games. I don't think isn't a coincidence. The guy has no heart. Tons of skill. But no heart.

^^^^^^^^^
I said it when he was a UFA, i keep saying it. DO NOT WANT. DO NOT WANT. DO NOT WANT.
i dont even think he has that much skill. he isnt that great of a skater for rushes, he has a long stride though. the assets that he has are his physical frame and long reach, long stride... putting that to use to be more than - at his very best- an Eric Brewer circa 08...is his issue. The best he will ever be is Eric Brewer circa 08.

Henrik To Daniel 07-04-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeus3007 (Post 52145051)
No need to burn up cash and cap space on a guy who we won`t want when we`re fighting for the division title in a couple of years.

Like I said, he only has 2 years left on his deal and the Oilers are below the cap floor right now.

zeus3007* 07-04-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel (Post 52145135)
Like I said, he only has 2 years left on his deal and the Oilers are below the cap floor right now.

We're 3.5 million under the cap. We haven't signed Yakupov yet, and he'll almost certainly get the 3.75 cap hit that RNH got. Plus we have to re-sign RFA's Gagner, Petry, Dubnyk, Peckham and Vande Velde. 4 of those are NHL'ers. We won't be below the cap floor. And there is no reason to add a big hit of a guy who we don't want.

And like I said, when we're contending for the division title in a few years (ie, the year after this coming season), we won't Bouwmeester's loser mentality crapping up the system.

oilinblood 07-04-2012 11:39 PM

Volchenkov>>>>>>>>>>boumeester

Asher 07-04-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel (Post 52144381)
Flames aren't going to trade a top pairing dman to their biggest rival (a division rival at that) unless it's a huge overpayment.

Start with next years 1st, Gagner, MPS and that should get Feaster listening.

I'm guessing the Flames will get less for JayBo than they got for Phaneuf.

Stewie Griffin 07-04-2012 11:41 PM

There's a reason that there has only been one Edmonton / Calgary trade in history.


Bouwmeester won't be involved in the 2nd one.

TheHudlinator 07-04-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asher (Post 52145623)
I'm guessing the Flames will get less for JayBo than they got for Phaneuf.



is that really possible?

zeus3007* 07-04-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGleninator (Post 52145693)
is that really possible?

Yep. Because nobody will trade for him, and then the Flames lose him to free agency.

Asher 07-04-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGleninator (Post 52145693)
is that really possible?

Yes. Just wait and see.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.