HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Phoenix Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Relocate the Suns (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1224697)

rt 07-04-2012 11:27 PM

Relocate the Suns

The NBA is ****ing dead to me.

Rebranded Fan 07-04-2012 11:30 PM

Its such a limited league in who can win it, I dont get it how they can have a shortened season and still have higher ratings...what am I missing? Last game I went to I fell asleep for a second.

Sceva Sct 07-04-2012 11:33 PM

I stopped watching when the Sonics moved from Seattle. Have happily not looked back since.

Colt45Blast 07-04-2012 11:34 PM

I think he is mad because the Suns traded Nash to the Lakers, even though Nash was the one that asked for a trade to the Lakers.

Nash could have signed anywhere he wanted and the Suns get nothing in return. At least the Suns get 2 1st round picks out of this.

Colt45Blast 07-04-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naurutger (Post 52145099)
Its such a limited league in who can win it, I dont get it how they can have a shortened season and still have higher ratings...what am I missing? Last game I went to I fell asleep for a second.

The fact that so many people wanted to see LeBron James fail to win an NBA Title after that "The Decision" stunt he pulled that was beyond taking a dump on the City of Cleveland and the Cavs Fans.

damacles1156 07-05-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naurutger (Post 52145099)

People wanted to see Lebron fall flat on his face again. His meltdown last year after losing was epic.

Next year the NBA will not have as good a rating, it will be a full season, no more Lebron drama ETC.

Kimahri 07-05-2012 01:45 AM

I've never watched the NBA. A game or two here and there sure, but it doesn't matter to me either way. Same for the MLB. I only watch NHL and NFL. But if a coyotes regular season game is on the same day as a cardinals playoff game i'm dvring the cards game.

doaner 07-05-2012 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AP (Post 52145313)
I think he is mad because the Suns traded Nash to the Lakers, even though Nash was the one that asked for a trade to the Lakers.

Nash could have signed anywhere they wanted and the Suns get nothing in return. At least the Suns get 2 1st round picks out of this.

What, 25-30 overall? No thx!

SniperHF 07-05-2012 04:11 AM

Yeah, Nash was a FA and this was a 'smart' move. Of course the Suns never do anything with low round picks so it's basically irrelevant, but maybe they can trade them again for something else.

The real problem is Sarver anyway. Just like the Dbacks ownership. Towers, much like Maloney is holding the fort together best he can. Suns don't have such luxuries when the NBA is almost 100% dependent on your 5 starters and top 2 bench guys.

Colt45Blast 07-05-2012 09:43 AM

Here is something I don't understand from many who are both Coyotes and Suns Fans.

Many of you are disgusted that Steve Nash wanted to play for a rivai team and got his wish.

Many of you as well have would have no problem seeing Shane Doan signing with a rivial team in the same city that Steve Nash is going to play in.

Could somebody please explain that one to me?

I get that there are 2 different leagues, 2 different businesses, 2 different circumstances of these franchises. I also get the Lakers are the Arch rival of the Suns and the Kings, depending on who you ask, are either our arch rival now or about to be as a result of Dustin Brown's play in the WCF as a huge factor in the rising hate towards the Kings.

However, both men did whatever they could in their control to try and bring a title to their team but the factors beyond their control have not worked in their favor. For both players, bad management played a huge a role in not winning it all despite having an owner but in Doan's case the past 3 seasons, played with no owner but with good management that is limited on what they can do.

Steve Nash knows he is not going to win a NBA title with the Suns and he has earned the right to leave on his own terms. Doan has earned the right to leave on his own terms as well if he wishes. If there is no new owner soon, like Nash, Doan is going to be a player up there in age that wants a chance to win it all and knows very well that it's not going to happen with a team that he spent a good chunk of his career trying to win it all with.

So far there is still a chance Doan could win it all in a Coyotes Jersey, but only if a new owner comes in soon and that new owner makes the right moves as well.

Thoughts?

yotesreign 07-05-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AP (Post 52156155)
Here is something I don't understand from many who are both Coyotes and Suns Fans.

Many of you are disgusted that Steve Nash wanted to play for a rivai team and got his wish.

Many of you as well have would have no problem seeing Shane Doan signing with a rivial team in the same city that Steve Nash is going to play in.

Could somebody please explain that one to me?

I get that there are 2 different leagues, 2 different businesses, 2 different circumstances of these franchises. I also get the Lakers are the Arch rival of the Suns and the Kings, depending on who are ask, are either our arch rival now or about to be as a result of Dustin Brown's play in the WCF as a huge factor in the rising hate towards the Kings.

However, both men did whatever they could in their control to try and bring a title to their team but the factors beyond their control have not worked in their favor. For both players, bad management played a huge a role in not winning it all despite having an owner but in Doan's case the past 3 seasons, played with no owner but with good management that is limited on what they can do.

Steve Nash knows he is not going to win a NBA title with the Suns and he has earned the right to leave on his own terms. Doan has earned the right to leave on his own terms as well if he wishes. If there is no new owner soon, like Nash, Doan is going to be a player up there in age that wants a chance to win it all and knows very well that it's not going to happen with a team that he spent a good chunk of his career trying to win it all with.

So far there is still a chance Doan could win it all in a Coyotes Jersey, but only if a new owner comes in soon and that new owner makes the right moves as well.

Thoughts?

As someone who years ago was a basketball fan, but got turned off the sport years ago, not just NBA, but really don't care for college or any hoops anymore, I don't even care. But still I see a difference. I think longtime Suns fans see LA as a bitter nemesis; at least as a team that kept the Suns from advancing far in the 1980s & 90s. I imagine the Kings do not fit that bill for us Yotes fans; we'd be more disgustedif Shane Doan signed with the RedWings than we would if he signed with the LaKings. Just a hunch. Even though the Kings stopped us this year, historically, it's been the Wings who crushed our hopes, not the Kings.

That's my guess. See if any Suns fans even read this hf forum and respond...

Colt45Blast 07-05-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotesreign (Post 52156793)
As someone who years ago was a basketball fan, but got turned off the sport years ago, not just NBA, but really don't care for college or any hoops anymore, I don't even care. But still I see a difference. I think longtime Suns fans see LA as a bitter nemesis; at least as a team that kept the Suns from advancing far in the 1980s & 90s. I imagine the Kings do not fit that bill for us Yotes fans; we'd be more disgustedif Shane Doan signed with the RedWings than we would if he signed with the LaKings. Just a hunch. Even though the Kings stopped us this year, historically, it's been the Wings who crushed our hopes, not the Kings.

That's my guess. See if any Suns fans even read this hf forum and respond...

That is an excellent response right there since the judgement call here is based more on the degree of the rivaly and history of. Of course too, the Kings in the future could be the team(like the Red Wings) that could crush the Coyotes hopes of winning a cup and Shane Doan could be on the Kings to make that happen as well even if we do get an owner sometime after Doan leaves, if he does leave and plays for the Kings of course.

Hopefully Doan stays of course.

rt 07-05-2012 10:25 AM

I don't hate the LA Kings half as much as the Lakers.

AZcoyotes 07-05-2012 02:03 PM

I use to be a huge Suns fan, but after Marion got traded to Miami, I didn't care. So I don't care in the slightest about this.

ScottsdaleYote 07-05-2012 02:13 PM

Sarver has truly run this team into the ground. This is probably the worst run franchise in any of the 4 major sports - the Islanders are a close 2nd in my mind, but at least they have Tavares. The Suns literaly have no hope for the future until they start tanking every year, like they will next year. 3 years in a row of top 5 picks is all they can hope for.

WJG 07-05-2012 02:16 PM

Question for Phoenicians:

Doan or Nash?

AZcoyotes 07-05-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJG (Post 52172059)

Doan or Nash?

Obviously all of us will say Doan. I mean, it is a hockey forum.

krepitch 07-05-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Doan or Nash?

Make us an offer for the Suns. No reasonable offer refused!

rt 07-05-2012 02:55 PM

Nash is obviously more effective in his sport. I like Doan a whole lot better.

Perro 07-05-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doaner (Post 52150181)
What, 25-30 overall? No thx!

Better than nothing

Colt45Blast 07-06-2012 08:24 PM

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...e-Nash-jerseys

Quote:

PHOENIX - You’ll find very few Phoenix Suns basketball fans happy with the departure of star player Steve Nash, but some are taking their anger to the next level by destroying their Nash memorabilia.

Hours after the announcement that Nash would be traded to the Los Angeles Lakers, the Suns’ division rival, videos started emerging of upset fans burning Nash’s Suns jersey.

ABC15 went around town to gauge fans’ anger, and find out what they would do with their Nash jerseys.

"I would probably first draw little devil horns over 'Nash' [on the jersey]. Pour gasoline all over it, and take a match and light it up," self-proclaimed "former Nash fan" Bre Davis said.

wokeupinaz 07-07-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Doan or Nash?

Rick Nash :D

awfulwaffle 07-07-2012 04:58 PM

I don't understand the hate towards Nash himself. I would be upset at management, as I am! Nash clearly stated try to build a winner, and he would stay. They haven't done that, obviously, and he should leave. Lucky for us we were able to get some draft picks, and hopefully do something with them, be it trade them to another team for a player, or hopefully pull a rabbit out of a hat and get someone worthwhile.

Both players did their best while they were here, and it didn't work out. Kudos to them for doing what they could here.

DesertDawg 07-07-2012 05:29 PM

...so the Coyotes are going to get Rick Nash?
I hope that they don't give up too much of the current roster!
and they said that Howson couldn't make a winner...

Colt45Blast 07-07-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awfulwaffle (Post 52274797)
I don't understand the hate towards Nash himself. I would be upset at management, as I am! Nash clearly stated try to build a winner, and he would stay. They haven't done that, obviously, and he should leave. Lucky for us we were able to get some draft picks, and hopefully do something with them, be it trade them to another team for a player, or hopefully pull a rabbit out of a hat and get someone worthwhile.

Both players did their best while they were here, and it didn't work out. Kudos to them for doing what they could here.

Plus, I'm tired of hearing this "loyality" crap coming out as well.

1. Nash was on the Mavs before he went to the Suns.
2. Almost everyone who says they no longer like Nash were not a fan of him until he arrived to Phoenix.
3. Nash is not a ********* like Lebron is with that stunt he pulled in that "The Decision" Show.