HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Enstrom to Nashville (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1224803)

Sleazoid 07-05-2012 08:24 AM

Enstrom to Nashville
 
The idea was brought up on the Preds boards I'm not good at these kind of things, but what would be a good deal to bring Enstrom to Nashville. As an ex Thrashers fan I have always loved him, though I would believe they would offer him a pretty good deal to keep him in Winnipeg.

Anyways, GO!

hipcheck85 07-05-2012 08:32 AM

Would Wilson and a 3rd do it?

BigMacJokinen 07-05-2012 08:42 AM

Winnipeg and Nashville won't make good training partners (at least not if Enstrom is included). Probably you aren't looking a trade involving Weber (would Winnipeg even have better chance signing him long-term?).

Winnipeg would probably seeking an elite estabishled forward or a seriously good package. No chance Enstrom going to Nashville.

Edit: Though Enstrom is UFA after 2012-2013 so that lowers his value. Package involving Hörnqvist, Ellis and something else could make that work for sure if Enstrom isn't re-signing..

AtlantaWhaler 07-05-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMacJokinen (Post 52152613)
Edit: Though Enstrom is UFA after 2012-2013 so that lowers his value. Package involving Hörnqvist, Ellis and something else could make that work for sure if Enstrom isn't re-signing..

I'm a HUGE Enstrom fan, but a 25 to 30 goal scorer+top prospect+?? for a pending UFA is way too much, especially for a franchise that just lost a star (maybe two) to free agency.

Fidel Astro 07-05-2012 09:17 AM

As a Jets fan, I'd like to keep Enstrom if we can.

untouchable21 07-05-2012 09:52 AM

Provided he immediately sign an extension to complete the trade, it would take something like ....

Wilson and one of Blum/Watson and perhaps a pick.

Ideally, Winnipeg gets Enstrom re-signed immediately, but I definitely believe Chevy will see what's out there if it can improve the JETS now and in the future.

AtlantaWhaler 07-05-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by untouchable21 (Post 52154379)
Provided he immediately sign an extension to complete the trade, it would take something like ....

Wilson and one of Blum/Watson and perhaps a pick.

Ideally, Winnipeg gets Enstrom re-signed immediately, but I definitely believe Chevy will see what's out there if it can improve the JETS now and in the future.

I'd imagine a signed Enstrom may take more than that. Blum + pick for an unsigned Enstrom is about right.

Gump Hasek 07-05-2012 10:41 AM

The cost is a player on the roster and two prospects of our choosing:

Enstrom for Wilson, Pontus Aberg, and Magnus Hellberg should get it done.

WJG 07-05-2012 10:53 AM

Using the Burns trade as a model (26 year old defenseman who would've been a UFA in a year), I think it would take something like:

-Wilson or Kostitsyn (a young skater with potential; San Jose traded Setoguchi)
-Ellis (a top prospect; San Jose traded Charlie Coyle)
-1st rounder (like San Jose, it would be a late 1st)

vBurmi 07-05-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJG (Post 52156513)
Using the Burns trade as a model (26 year old defenseman who would've been a UFA in a year), I think it would take something like:

-Wilson or Kostitsyn (a young skater with potential; San Jose traded Setoguchi)
-Ellis (a top prospect; San Jose traded Charlie Coyle)
-1st rounder (like San Jose, it would be a late 1st)

I don't think Enstrom will return quite as much as Burns, but based on the Jets needs (i.e. more future focused), this is a good basis for a package. Although comparable, I prefer the assets San Jose gave up to those listed here - i.e. I'd rather have Setoguchi (at that time) than Wilson or Kostitsyn, and I'd rather have Coyle than Ellis - so the difference in value from what Burns got may be right. Still, I'd much rather the Jets re-sign Enstrom if that was all they could get for him.

Ivan13 07-05-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJG (Post 52156513)
Using the Burns trade as a model (26 year old defenseman who would've been a UFA in a year), I think it would take something like:

-Wilson or Kostitsyn (a young skater with potential; San Jose traded Setoguchi)
-Ellis (a top prospect; San Jose traded Charlie Coyle)
-1st rounder (like San Jose, it would be a late 1st)

Wild also sent a 2nd rounder to San Jose. I think Wilson + Ellis for Tobby is fair.

Huffer 07-05-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJG (Post 52156513)
Using the Burns trade as a model (26 year old defenseman who would've been a UFA in a year), I think it would take something like:

-Wilson or Kostitsyn (a young skater with potential; San Jose traded Setoguchi)
-Ellis (a top prospect; San Jose traded Charlie Coyle)
-1st rounder (like San Jose, it would be a late 1st)

Wilson, yes. SK, No.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.