HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   St. Louis Blues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Question About Blues Development Camp (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1225083)

geno4mvp 07-05-2012 03:36 PM

Question About Blues Development Camp

I'm going to be in the St. Louis area next week, and I was wondering when the Blues development camp is and where at? If it is next week, I was planning on going and watching for a day or two.

Stealth JD 07-05-2012 05:11 PM

Are they even doing it? Wasn't it cancelled last year?

Crumblin Erb Brooks 07-05-2012 05:20 PM

Blues havent done one for a few years now. I thought someone in the organization made mention of one happening this year, but I think that they may have been misinformed (It might've been a recent draftee).

I really enjoyed them back in the day, some free hockey during the summer, even though the Mills is a long drive from Ahnuld. Pretty sure they cancelled them during because they were expensive to put on, rooming and feeding 30-40 people for a week. Thats why I was surprised to see it mentioned be someone recently, you figure with them just purchasing the team that they wouldnt want to pay for something like this.

STL fan in IA 07-05-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crumblin Erb Brooks (Post 52179999)
Blues havent done one for a few years now. I thought someone in the organization made mention of one happening this year, but I think that they may have been misinformed (It might've been a recent draftee).

I really enjoyed them back in the day, some free hockey during the summer, even though the Mills is a long drive from Ahnuld. Pretty sure they cancelled them during because they were expensive to put on, rooming and feeding 30-40 people for a week. Thats why I was surprised to see it mentioned be someone recently, you figure with them just purchasing the team that they wouldnt want to pay for something like this.

The prospect said rookie camp, ie. the Traverse City Tourney. There are no more summer prospects camps for the Blues. Army said a year or two ago that the benefits didn't outweigh the costs. Yes, they were great for the fans, especially during the dead part of the season but now they just have the prospects come into town when they can, meet with Ayotte to go over nutrition & strength training and then send them on their way.

geno4mvp 07-05-2012 10:35 PM

Oh ok, thanks for letting me know. I figured all teams had them, lol

bleedblue1223 07-05-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geno4mvp (Post 52196445)
Oh ok, thanks for letting me know. I figured all teams had them, lol

we poor

Kevin Forbes 07-08-2012 01:27 PM

I believe there is a development camp happening this week, but not open/available for the public.

A number of the Blues prospects (Rattie, Tesink) are tweeting about heading to St. Louis this weekend for the camp (or in Veilleux's case, not heading there).

There are also mentions of it in some articles, like this one: http://www.hometownlife.com/article/...TS20/207080306

bleedblue1223 07-08-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Forbes (Post 52298513)
I believe there is a development camp happening this week, but not open/available for the public.

A number of the Blues prospects (Rattie, Tesink) are tweeting about heading to St. Louis this weekend for the camp (or in Veilleux's case, not heading there).

There are also mentions of it in some articles, like this one: http://www.hometownlife.com/article/...TS20/207080306

It's more of an orientation than a camp like we had in the past.

Frenzy1 07-08-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 (Post 52298733)
It's more of an orientation than a camp like we had in the past.

I think orientation works just as well as a camp. Since the focus is likely on stregnth building and diet - both are critical for the kids. They can do that in classroom, weight room, w/ little to no need to get on the ice. Camps didn't seem to focus on skating or stick handling - there are plenty of those around. But helping the kids create individual diets and workout plans can be done in an orientation which is just as good as a camp.

Robb_K 07-11-2012 02:11 PM

Nice to see that ALL of the following Blues' prospects are in town, confirmed by their commitment to teach street hockey skills to kids today at City Acadamy:

Cody Beach, Jordan Binnington, Joel Edmundson, Teemu Eronen, Jani Hakanpaa, Dmitrij Jaskin, Samuel Kurker, Mackenzie MacEachern, Colton Parayko, Ty Rattie, Tyrel Seaman, Ryan Tesink, Francois Tremblay, Yannick Veilleux, Nicholas Walters and Sebastian Wannstrom.

Prussian_Blue 07-11-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robb_K (Post 52427915)
Nice to see that ALL of the following Blues' prospects are in town, confirmed by their commitment to teach street hockey skills to kids today at City Acadamy:

Cody Beach, Jordan Binnington, Joel Edmundson, Teemu Eronen, Jani Hakanpaa, Dmitrij Jaskin, Samuel Kurker, Mackenzie MacEachern, Colton Parayko, Ty Rattie, Tyrel Seaman, Ryan Tesink, Francois Tremblay, Yannick Veilleux, Nicholas Walters and Sebastian Wannstrom.

This lineup makes me a happy Prussian.

Robb_K 07-12-2012 01:00 AM

It will be nice if they are joined by Schwartz, Tarasenko, Della Rovere and Ponich, to form their Traverse City Tournament roster.

MattyMo35 07-12-2012 01:33 AM

I don't think I'd want Schwartz or Tarasenko to play in a meaningless prospect tournament. These guys have very bright futures and I wouldn't want to potentially derail that with a serious injury in an exhibition. I know the chances are slim, and that they can get injured walking down the street or getting out of a golf cart(smh EJ), but I just think they're better off working out and practicing with the team as much as possible.

Honeycutt 07-12-2012 09:55 AM

They will both play in the tournament, if it happens this year.

Robb_K 07-12-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honeycutt (Post 52459221)
They will both play in the tournament, if it happens this year.

What do you mean, IF it happens this year? Would THE NHL or NHLPA disallow their players to participate it if there is a lockout?

How do you know that Tarasenko will remain in USA after the Rookie Orientation meetings all the way until early September? Blues' Training Camp doesn't start until several days after the end of The Traverse City Tournament. Do we know that Tarasenko will get his "permanent housing" for this season, already just after he arrives for the orientation? He may need to return to Russia in between. As much as 4 extra games on North American ice would help him rather than not, I doubt that playing 4 games in such a tournament would take precedence over any important other obligations in his prioritised activities.

I hope you are right. And I hope NHL Network and/or TSN will televise the tournament's games (at least those games involving rangers and Wings (as they have done in the past).

Randall Ritchey 07-13-2012 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robb_K (Post 52427915)

I for one love the fact that Hakanpaa, Jaskin, Wannatrom and Eronen are all here.

I know a lot of people complain about making selections from Europe because they never come over. It's nice seeing our talent be willing to come over for an orientation camp.

STL fan in IA 07-13-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robb_K (Post 52483959)
What do you mean, IF it happens this year? Would THE NHL or NHLPA disallow their players to participate it if there is a lockout?

How do you know that Tarasenko will remain in USA after the Rookie Orientation meetings all the way until early September? Blues' Training Camp doesn't start until several days after the end of The Traverse City Tournament. Do we know that Tarasenko will get his "permanent housing" for this season, already just after he arrives for the orientation? He may need to return to Russia in between. As much as 4 extra games on North American ice would help him rather than not, I doubt that playing 4 games in such a tournament would take precedence over any important other obligations in his prioritised activities.

I hope you are right. And I hope NHL Network and/or TSN will televise the tournament's games (at least those games involving rangers and Wings (as they have done in the past).

Yes, the Traverse City tourney will be canceled if there's a lockout.

The tourney ends just 1-2 days before main camp is set to begin so I think it's safe to say that the Blues will want him to be established here well before then.

As I understand it, once Tarasenko arrives in August, he's here stay. He's getting all of his affairs in order right now (was in Moscow last week getting his visa) - that's why he's not coming over until August.