HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Colorado-Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1225087)

SnipShow 07-05-2012 02:38 PM

Colorado-Rangers
 
Would a trade revolved around Stastny and Del zotto be able to happen?

The Avs are looking to grab a left handed defenseman to play along Johnson. What is the value of Delzotto ? And Stastny? Who would most likely add?

Heres what I came up with
To Rangers :
Stastny
Elliot
2nd


To Colorado
Delzotto
Dubinsky/Boyle

This maybe way off but I am not sure how both fans value these players. What do you think is fair? Throw out some offers

Muffin 07-05-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnipShow (Post 52173461)
Would a trade revolved around Stastny and Del zotto be able to happen?

The Avs are looking to grab a left handed defenseman to play along Johnson. What is the value of Delzotto ? And Stastny? Who would most likely add?

Heres what I came up with
To Rangers :
Stastny
Elliot
2nd


To Colorado
Delzotto
Dubinsky/Boyle

This maybe way off but I am not sure how both fans value these players. What do you think is fair? Throw out some offers

I'd want Staal or Mcdonagh coming back for a package like that.

jfisher6 07-05-2012 02:43 PM

I don't know all that much about Del Zotto. Wasn't he on your 2nd pairing? We have a logjam of 2nd and 3rd pairing defensemen.

Dubinsky would be preferred over Boyle I think.

Is McDonagh untouchable?

Calad 07-05-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffin (Post 52173597)
I'd want Staal or Mcdonagh coming back for a package like that.

No way that would happen. I thought Stastny has has 2 bad years in a row now? Why overpay for him?

Trxjw 07-05-2012 02:44 PM

I'd rather hang onto Del Zotto if Stastny is the piece coming back. He hasn't looked the same for a while now. Stepan has given us solid production as a #2C and he's on an ELC. If Del Zotto goes, I think it's for a top-six winger and a depth d-man. Think of what guys like Goligoski and Burns got. I'd expect Del Zotto to net that sort of return if/when he's dealt.

I do like Elliot though. He should be a solid player.

Goulet17 07-05-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnipShow (Post 52173461)
Would a trade revolved around Stastny and Del zotto be able to happen?

The Avs are looking to grab a left handed defenseman to play along Johnson. What is the value of Delzotto ? And Stastny? Who would most likely add?

Heres what I came up with
To Rangers :
Stastny
Elliot
2nd


To Colorado
Delzotto
Dubinsky/Boyle

This maybe way off but I am not sure how both fans value these players. What do you think is fair? Throw out some offers

Elliott is the Avs top prospect. The Avs are giving up quite a bit.

On another note, if Stastny is such a poor player without much value, why are fans of other teams constantly putting his name forth in trade proposals?

Avs fans are not making Stastny proposals. They are not looking to give him away and are perfectly happy with him in the lineup.

Lonewolfe2015 07-05-2012 02:45 PM

I thought Rangers wanted to keep him because he adds a PM element to their defense which other players couldn't quite replicate.

I'm also fairly certain we've been over Stastny to NY and they aren't that interested in adding another high profile center since they have Stepan who does the job well.

But ultimately, the ballpark are usually around Staz/Staal, which theoretically works as an Avs fan.

jfisher6 07-05-2012 02:47 PM

just spitballing here:

:rangers
Paul Stastny
Stefan Elliott
2013 1st

:avs
Ryan McDonagh
Brandon Dubinsky


I really don't watch the rangers at all so this may be wrong as far as valuation.

NYR Sting 07-05-2012 02:47 PM

Sure, if it means the Rangers can then deal Stastny to the Ducks for Ryan.

Calad 07-05-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goulet17 (Post 52173787)
Elliott is the Avs top prospect. The Avs are giving up quite a bit.

This i did not know, but I don't think we need another prospect dman in the organization since we have a good amount of them

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfisher6 (Post 52173957)
just spitballing here:

:rangers
Paul Stastny
Stefan Elliott
2013 1st

:avs
Ryan McDonagh
Brandon Dubinsky


I really don't watch the rangers at all so this may be wrong as far as valuation.

We won't move McD for nash. We certainly won't move him for Stastny.

Trxjw 07-05-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfisher6 (Post 52173731)
I don't know all that much about Del Zotto. Wasn't he on your 2nd pairing? We have a logjam of 2nd and 3rd pairing defensemen.

Dubinsky would be preferred over Boyle I think.

He was our #3 for a big chunk of the year. Faltered a bit late in the playoffs and ended up on the bottom pairing. He's poised to be a top-pairing guy.

Quote:

Is McDonagh untouchable?
Depends. Are Duchene or Landeskog available?

Ivan13 07-05-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnipShow (Post 52173461)
Would a trade revolved around Stastny and Del zotto be able to happen?

The Avs are looking to grab a left handed defenseman to play along Johnson. What is the value of Delzotto ? And Stastny? Who would most likely add?

Heres what I came up with
To Rangers :
Stastny
Elliot
2nd


To Colorado
Delzotto
Dubinsky/Boyle

This maybe way off but I am not sure how both fans value these players. What do you think is fair? Throw out some offers

Elliot is our most talented prospect, he's not getting traded. And I'm not a fan of Del Zotto.

jfisher6 07-05-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calad (Post 52173975)
This i did not know, but I don't think we need another prospect dman in the organization since we have a good amount of them



We won't move McD for nash. We certainly won't move him for Stastny.

Okay, how about Staal then?

If that's also a no we might as well close the thread.

Congo Jack 07-05-2012 02:51 PM

How about Stas and Gaunce for Staal?

I warn you I suck at proposals :P

mrjimmyg89 07-05-2012 02:52 PM

When will people realize this: McDonagh is not getting traded unless this team gets a top 5 forward in the NHL. We're not taking overpriced wingers or underperforming centers for him. He's already an elite #1 shutdown defender. He can skate and put up 30 points this season. He will not be moved unless we're getting a Stamkos/Giroux type player in return.

Calad 07-05-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfisher6 (Post 52174131)
Okay, how about Staal then?

If that's also a no we might as well close the thread.

You guys would probably have to send more but its a possibility. Staal is on a nice 4mill cap hit for the next 3 years and is an anchor on our blueline, Stastny is getting 6.6mill cap hit for the next 2 years and has had 2 down years in a row.

xander 07-05-2012 02:53 PM

Why is Elliot being talked about? I thought the OP wanted to decern the level of interest in a Stastny for Del Zotto swap? Including Colorado's top prospect in the deal distracts from that.

As a Ranger fan, I would have some interest in Stastny, but he's not a perfect fit.

jfisher6 07-05-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 (Post 52174259)
When will people realize this: McDonagh is not getting traded unless this team gets a top 5 forward in the NHL. We're not taking overpriced wingers or underperforming centers for him. He's already an elite #1 shutdown defender. He can skate and put up 30 points this season. He will not be moved unless we're getting a Stamkos/Giroux type player in return.

Like I said, I don't watch many Rangers games. When will you realize that? lol no need to get all upset

Kloparren 07-05-2012 02:56 PM

That deal with Del Zotto is pointless because there's a good chance that Elliott or Barrie can be as effective as him. I've followed Del Zotto a lot (fantasy hockey)...his defensive game has improved but it just isn't there. We need a guy on the top pairing, McD or Staal (obviously Girardi price is too high) would be ideal but Del Zotto would just be a 2nd pairing dman (a good 2nd pairing dman but not the guy I think we could win with if he's on our 1st pairing).

Stastny's not on the trade block imo but since everyone here insists he is I'd consider something like Stastny + Gaunce <--> McD/Staal + Boyle though I wouldn't make the deal itself.

Btw, I own McDonagh too, he isn't a guy they should trade and at the same time, he isn't worth a top 5 NHLer or top 10 to the poster who said that. He's great defensively but I see his ceiling as being 40-45 pts. Left handed version of Pietrangelo :biglaugh: Just like Doughty, the playoffs have increased his value to a bit higher than it really is but it's irrelevant since he's not getting traded.

mrjimmyg89 07-05-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfisher6 (Post 52174397)
Like I said, I don't watch many Rangers games. When will you realize that? lol no need to get all upset

It's not just you, although not watching him play means you don't know how good the kid is. I'm fine with that. It's the people that throw his name around in average proposals and think it's work out. He has so much more value than that.

Like I said, it's not just you, although your excuse is viable since you haven't seen him play. He's pretty much the left handed version of Pietrangelo.

RyanCallahan24* 07-05-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfisher6 (Post 52173957)
just spitballing here:

:rangers
Paul Stastny
Stefan Elliott
2013 1st

:avs
Ryan McDonagh
Brandon Dubinsky


I really don't watch the rangers at all so this may be wrong as far as valuation.


Let's just say out of all our d's McDonagh is the last one Rangers would look to trade...

RyanCallahan24* 07-05-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 (Post 52174579)
It's not just you, although not watching him play means you don't know how good the kid is. I'm fine with that. It's the people that throw his name around in average proposals and think it's work out. He has so much more value than that.

Like I said, it's not just you, although your excuse is viable since you haven't seen him play. He's pretty much the left handed version of Pietrangelo.

Without the PP time. Which he should get. Our PP is awful and McDonagh has shown offensive flashes.

jfisher6 07-05-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 (Post 52174715)
Let's just say out of all our d's McDonagh is the last one Rangers would look to trade...

:avs
Marc Staal
Brandon Dubinsky

:rangers
Paul Stastny
Stefan Elliott
2013 1st

I'm only asking Dubi back because we would be down to 3 centers without Stastny. Please adjust this according to your guys' knowledge of the rangers needs

RyanCallahan24* 07-05-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfisher6 (Post 52174997)
:avs:
Marc Staal
Brandon Dubinsky

:rangers:
Paul Stastny
Stefan Elliott
2013 1st

I'm only asking Dubi back because we would be down to 3 centers without Stastny. Please adjust this according to your guys' knowledge of the rangers needs

Solid package I'd probably do that. Although I'd prefer a top 6 winger instead of Stastny. We got Richards and Stepan on our top 6 C spots. No point in using Stepan on the 3rd line. We need goalscorers also, not playmakers.

GAGLine 07-05-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfisher6 (Post 52174131)
Okay, how about Staal then?

If that's also a no we might as well close the thread.

Some posters will tell you yes, but the answer is no. Rangers' management is on record saying they want to add to our defensive depth.

Average TOI per game for each of our dmen during the playoffs:

Girardi: 26:51
McDonagh: 26:49
Staal: 25:17
Del Zotto: 21:39
Stralman: 16:55
Eminger: 6:48
Bickel: 5:09

Pretty thin when we don't have a #6 guy that can play more than 7 minutes a game. And if one of the top 4 get injured, it gets even thinner. Erixon will hopefully earn a fulltime spot this year, and Sauer will hopefully come back at some point from PCS. But we can't count on that.

Ideally we would add a 4/5 guy, insert Erixon on the bottom pair and get Sauer back by mid-season.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.