HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Arizona Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Other Arizona Sports Thread II: DBacks, Cardinals, Suns, Wildcats, Sun Devils, etc (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1225099)

Colt45Blast 07-05-2012 03:48 PM

Other Arizona Sports Thread II: DBacks, Cardinals, Suns, Wildcats, Sun Devils, etc

The other thread is close to the limit. Continue any discussion here.

O23L 07-05-2012 04:30 PM

You forgot the 2 time WNBA champion Phoenix Mercury in the title! :sarcasm:

doaner 07-05-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes (Post 52176661)

They are the etc part. Haha

Flying Chalupa 07-05-2012 05:29 PM

This had probably been asked before, but...

has anyone here ditched the dbacks because of Randy Kendricks goldwater board membership? just wondering....

Colt45Blast 07-05-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes (Post 52176661)

Quote:

Originally Posted by doaner (Post 52179947)
They are the etc part. Haha

So are the Rattlers as well.

Sinurgy 07-05-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying Chalupa (Post 52180515)

has anyone here ditched the dbacks because of Randy Kendricks goldwater board membership? just wondering....

I would say yes but admittedly I'm not a big baseball fan anyway so I guess losing me as a fan wouldn't matter all that much.

Colt45Blast 07-05-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

I was never a DBacks Fan but it was nice to see them beat the Yankees in 2001.

ScottsdaleYote 07-05-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

I have and I'm an avid baseball fan. Not only this, but when this Kendrick mess came up, I looked at my company's sports sponsorship dollars. When I saw how much sponsorship money my company spends with them vs. the Coyotes, I convinced them to move money to the Coyotes because the cost per eyeball was much better.

O23L 07-05-2012 09:56 PM

I went to the D-backs game last night. I forgot how boring baseball was, and wanted to jump off the upper decks by the 6th inning.

Colt45Blast 07-05-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes (Post 52194625)
I went to the D-backs game last night. I forgot how boring baseball was, and wanted to jump off the upper decks by the 6th inning.

LOL

I wonder if the experence to eat at TGI Friday's inside the stadium is worth it.

Anyways, playoff baseball is where it is at now.

Colt45Blast 07-05-2012 10:19 PM

Unless if the Cardinals have a magical season, looks like the Coyotes will the best team in all of major league sports in AZ.

Everybody else just sucks right now.

Primrose Everdeen 07-05-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

I wasn't really much of a baseball fan to begin with, and this is a reason as good as any other to ignore the rest of the season.

MP 07-05-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricia McMillan (Post 52196977)
I wasn't really much of a baseball fan to begin with, and this is a reason as good as any other to ignore the rest of the season.

You're from New Zealand anyhow. Don't you people regard baseball as cricket's hydrocephalic nephew?

SniperHF 07-08-2012 04:45 AM

So I was reading up on the latest dbacks updates tonight and WOW things aren't looking good.

Upton trade rumors (actual rumors not the Yandle crap), Bauer floating his frustrations to the media after 2 big league starts :shakehead:, and this bush league Sutton nonsense.

Losing potentially Doan and Upton along with Nash in one off season, I'm going to have to become *gasp* a Cardinals fan......:eek: Somebody talk me off the ledge.

awfulwaffle 07-08-2012 07:33 PM

Diamondbacks win their last game, are only 4 games back of 1st in the NL West after their abysmal first half of the season. This team is so much better than the way they played this first half. Bauer looked amazing today. Looking forward to the 2nd half.

My buddy told me that Justin Upton might be trade material(he says our GM said it?). I wouldn't believe it if they traded him, but he has so much potential as a player, he could possibly get a big return.

Colt45Blast 07-09-2012 08:25 PM

HR Derby is on and no DBacks in it.

doaner 07-09-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AP (Post 52355683)
HR Derby is on and no DBacks in it.

Dvr'd it. Hope I'm not disappointed!

awfulwaffle 07-11-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doaner (Post 52356211)
Dvr'd it. Hope I'm not disappointed!

Pretty good HR Derby. They really need new talent for the broadcasters. I can't stand Chris Berman for any sport he is associated with. The back back back gone is so overused it's embarrassing to listen to. It's so sad the talent ESPN has, that they feel is "good" for the sports, where most fans I read don't like hearing them.

It's like Kornheiser for MNF. I will refuse to listen to him speak anymore after the Steelers/Dolphins rain bowl, where he outright said the Dolphins were the worst team in the league. Screw you Kornheiser, I know that and so did many other Dolphins fans.

I do love John Gruden though, I like listening to people that know about the game, and have a tv personality, not just a boring monotone voice that are just there because they used to play the sport or coach it.

CommanderShepard15 07-13-2012 02:45 PM

Big Diamondback fan here. Just wondering have any of you guys heard about the team doing anything at the deadline? Upton has been mentioned but I doubt he's going anywhere.

The 2 guys i suspect that will move are Chris Young and Stephen Drew. Parra would take over CF and Bloomquist/McDonald could play SS.

I see the needs of the team being 3rd Baseman and a better bullpen.

Bauer is an unreal pitcher, wish i lived as close to the team as you guys do, so i could watch a game of his live.

SniperHF 07-13-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloweForbidzYou (Post 52509091)
The 2 guys i suspect that will move are Chris Young and Stephen Drew. Parra would take over CF and Bloomquist/McDonald could play SS.

Bauer is an unreal pitcher, wish i lived as close to the team as you guys do, so i could watch a game of his live.

I don't think CY goes anywhere. I mean who wants him? 8.5m for a guy who has had one above average season in his 7 year career? no thanks.

Bloomqvist should be at third and Roberts should be the backup already. If Drew can get back to form a bit he + bloomquist on the left side is probably better than Roberts+Bloomquist.

awfulwaffle 07-14-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloweForbidzYou (Post 52509091)
Big Diamondback fan here. Just wondering have any of you guys heard about the team doing anything at the deadline? Upton has been mentioned but I doubt he's going anywhere.

I love Drew, his swing is so natural, he's a born baseball player. He is too expensive for us though. We are paying him a ton of money already, and unfortunately for him he got injured or he would be producing like no other right now. I think we see him moving at the deadline though. I think the Dbacks would have liked to have him back sooner, so other teams could see how well he bounced back from that injury.

I don't think CY goes, you can't replace his leadership in the outfield defensively. He is a machine in CF, and can get to most any ball hit out there. While at times his bat struggles, I can't replace his defense.

We do need a 3rd baseman, but then again, we have Roberts/Bloomquist sharing dates if Drew is our everyday SS, and they have been doing just fine offensively. I'm proud of Roberts, he has really improved on his throwing from 3rd-1st.

I honestly think this team might be kind of quiet at the deadline. This team is underperforming from what we can do, and shaking up the team might help, but for the most part it's a lack of consistency that's hurting the Diamondbacks.

O23L 07-24-2012 06:44 PM

D-Backs trade Tatman. I was never a huge D-Backs fan, but I loved that dude.

SniperHF 07-24-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes (Post 52920183)
D-Backs trade Tatman. I was never a huge D-Backs fan, but I loved that dude.

For what? A sack of balls. That's about what he's worth.

awfulwaffle 07-24-2012 09:19 PM

Whoa, they traded him? I did see they optioned him, but has the trade really been done? I know they have 10 days to get it done.

Naurutger 07-24-2012 11:21 PM

Tyler Bortnick from the Rays for Roberts...a low prospect in their system but better than nothing I guess