HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Edmonton-New Jersey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1225201)

Zajacs Bowl Cut 07-05-2012 05:30 PM

Edmonton-New Jersey
 
the Devils have a plethora of NHL DMen and D prospects

the Oilers need to beef up their defense.

any interest in some type of deal to be made here?

no, not Larsson.

SaskOil* 07-05-2012 05:36 PM

whats Volchenkov's salary like?

Zajacs Bowl Cut 07-05-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaskOil (Post 52181049)
whats Volchenkov's salary like?

$4.25 AAV I believe.

Joey Moss 07-05-2012 05:41 PM

Volchenkov or Tallinder would be ideal. I just don't think the Oilers would be willing to give up Gagner or Hemsky unless New Jersey was adding. Especially for Tallinder.

Zajacs Bowl Cut 07-05-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Moss (Post 52181363)
Volchenkov or Tallinder would be ideal. I just don't think the Oilers would be willing to give up Gagner or Hemsky unless New Jersey was adding. Especially for Tallinder.

I wouldn't mind adding

how much though, is the question

Christmas Izzy 07-05-2012 05:46 PM

NJ might as well get Paajarvi, aha

MetaOil1993 07-05-2012 06:37 PM

What would be the asking price to Volchenkov? Since Parise left would Hemsky be fair for him? Always been a fan of him and would be nice to get another Russian on the team to help Yakupov. Might also be a good partner with Justin Schultz.

Henrik Tallinder and Andy Greene would be good pickups if Volchenkov wouldn't waive his NTC.

PADevil3034 07-05-2012 07:08 PM

Volchenkov's NTC would most likely hinder any trade sending him to Edmonton.

Tallinder is probably the most logical piece to deal. If the Devils threw together a Tallinder+Gelinas+2nd package, what could that fetch?

None Shall Pass 07-05-2012 07:29 PM

This is one of those rare scenarios where it could just work.

MetaOil1993 07-05-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njdevils3034 (Post 52186701)
Volchenkov's NTC would most likely hinder any trade sending him to Edmonton.

Tallinder is probably the most logical piece to deal. If the Devils threw together a Tallinder+Gelinas+2nd package, what could that fetch?

Agreed, I think Volchenkov would be a good fit here in Edmonton, I don't know much about Tallinder, Would you (Or any other Devils Fan) give me a quick report on him? What type of defense man is he?
Hows his skating/passing? Thanks :)

It also looks like hes getting up there in age but maybe he can help mentor Klefbom when he comes over.

MasterofGrond 07-05-2012 08:04 PM

Tallinder is quite mobile and generally solid defensively. A little soft, and is sort of mediocre in the offense department. Won't actually be a black hole but won't create much. Could cover for a more adventurous partner, especially if the other guy can clear the crease a little.

Very good as a guy to eat minutes somewhat unspectacularly.

thadd 07-05-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Moss (Post 52181363)
Volchenkov or Tallinder would be ideal. I just don't think the Oilers would be willing to give up Gagner or Hemsky unless New Jersey was adding. Especially for Tallinder.

We just had a thread like this and I pretty much agreed to something like this. I'd like to get rid of Hemsky, so my price i a little cheaper for Hemsky.

PS - In b4 someone mentions Larsson.

nzoilerfan 07-05-2012 08:44 PM

I don't thin Tallinder would be a very good fit for the oilers. I would prefer Greene.

Hemsky for Greene+?

Officer Rod Farva 07-05-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nzoilerfan (Post 52191349)
I don't thin Tallinder would be a very good fit for the oilers. I would prefer Greene.

Hemsky for Greene+?

It would have to be Hemsky plus. He was our second best D-man in our run this year. Plus I dont think Lou will trade him. Greene took a big pay cut to stay with NJ

Nocashstyle 07-05-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Middletown Mike (Post 52191457)
It would have to be Hemsky plus. He was our second best D-man in our run this year. Plus I dont think Lou will trade him. Greene took a big pay cut to stay with NJ

No way in hell EDM would have to add anything to Hemsky. You're giving Greene a little too much credit here

EnglishDevil 07-05-2012 08:57 PM

To :edmonton

D, Mark Fayne (RFA) - Age 25

To :devils

C, Sam Gagner (RFA) - Age 22

Perhaps something could be worked out around those two pieces? Fayne is younger than both Tallinder/Greene and definitely at least on a par with them. He's a steady second pairing guy who rarely makes mistakes and has shown two seasons of really consistent play. I feel like Gagner has perhaps slightly more value overall, so perhaps add a pick coming from us or something?

Either way, we need to pick up another forward and having another C would give us the option to stick Henrique out on the wing should we need to.

Any input from Edmonton fans would be appreciated, not sure how you guys value Gagner currently.

Officer Rod Farva 07-05-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocashstyle (Post 52191701)
No way in hell EDM would have to add anything to Hemsky. You're giving Greene a little too much credit here

I'm not saying that.

Lou values him very high, that's why it would take more. Greene has been very loyal to us.

WeridAl 07-05-2012 09:17 PM

One reason NJ lost in the finials was their D wasn't big enough to handle the bigger LA forwards. The Oilers would pass on anything the Devils would be willing to trade especially their senior citizens. If NJ want Gagner or Hemsky they'll have to pay the price, not what they figure their worth.

Zajacs Bowl Cut 07-05-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeridAl (Post 52192821)
One reason NJ lost in the finials was their D wasn't big enough to handle the bigger LA forwards. The Oilers would pass on anything the Devils would be willing to trade especially their senior citizens. If NJ want Gagner or Hemsky they'll have to pay the price, not what they figure their worth.

thats not really true at all, to be honest.

Volchenkov, Salvador, etc are able to handle guys

Joey Moss 07-06-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnglishDevil (Post 52191901)
To :edmonton

D, Mark Fayne (RFA) - Age 25

To :devils

C, Sam Gagner (RFA) - Age 22

Perhaps something could be worked out around those two pieces? Fayne is younger than both Tallinder/Greene and definitely at least on a par with them. He's a steady second pairing guy who rarely makes mistakes and has shown two seasons of really consistent play. I feel like Gagner has perhaps slightly more value overall, so perhaps add a pick coming from us or something?

Either way, we need to pick up another forward and having another C would give us the option to stick Henrique out on the wing should we need to.

Any input from Edmonton fans would be appreciated, not sure how you guys value Gagner currently.

Not even close.

wahoyaho 07-06-2012 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Moss (Post 52200965)
Not even close.

I'd actually argue it's pretty close, Fayne was doing very well for the NJDs defensively

vaseline stampede 07-06-2012 02:08 AM

I see a plethora of 5/6/7 Dmen here and I don't think that's a pressing need for the Oilers. There's no way they take on AV's contract at this point. He is a LT grossly overpaid and immensely immobile 3rd pairing guy at this point. Greene, Fayne, etc...these guys are just so meh. Who would give up anything to acquire players like this? I can't think of any team that's seeking to ship out core guys for these players. The only option I could see is Tallinder for the 3rd pair vet/mentoring role. I would be ok with a Sutton/Tallinder 6/7 for the next two years. But, obviously, Hemsky and co. aren't options no matter what NJ fans do to "sweeten the pot." This is like a Potter, Omark, late pick kind of deal. I just don't see a fit with these two teams at all...

hawkeyguru93 07-06-2012 02:21 AM

Hall for Larsson

1st rounder for 1st rounder and it helps both teams. Hall replaces Parise and Larsson gives EDM a good young D-man

vickpeterson 07-06-2012 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkeyguru93 (Post 52204795)
Hall for Larsson

1st rounder for 1st rounder and it helps both teams. Hall replaces Parise and Larsson gives EDM a good young D-man

:laugh:

Saugus 07-06-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkeyguru93 (Post 52204795)
Hall for Larsson

1st rounder for 1st rounder and it helps both teams. Hall replaces Parise and Larsson gives EDM a good young D-man

The Devils plan to build their defence around Larsson for the next decade or so. No dice.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.