HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Helene St. James: Quincey Files for Arbitration (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1225273)

SoupNazi 07-05-2012 05:47 PM

Quincey Files for Arbitration
 
Per Twitter: http://twitter.com/HeleneStJames/sta...56251918577665

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames
#RedWings defenseman Kyle Quincey files for salary arbitration.

WingedWheel1987 07-05-2012 05:47 PM

He was awful so he shouldnt get a huge raise.

Run the Jewels 07-05-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupNazi (Post 52185471)
Per Twitter: http://twitter.com/HeleneStJames/sta...56251918577665

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames
#RedWings defenseman Kyle Quincey files for salary arbitration.

C'mon Kenny learn from Hudler and walk the **** away.

Frk It 07-05-2012 05:48 PM

Dekeyser must be kicking himself right now.

Heaton 07-05-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fabricoh (Post 52185531)
C'mon Kenny learn from Hudler and walk the **** away.

And then do what? Quincey is the best defensemen available at this point.

Henkka 07-05-2012 05:53 PM

Poor Quincey. Your days are doomed. This is just unneeded move.

SoupNazi 07-05-2012 05:54 PM

I hope they come to terms on a reasonable deal.

jaster 07-05-2012 05:58 PM

Hmmm, this is good, right? We could theoretically get him for less than he made last year? Of course, if he does go to arbitration, they could decide on some stupidly high number, and the Wings might agree to it.

DeYarmond Edison 07-05-2012 05:58 PM

Man Quincey is a ****ing punk.

Trvp Lord 07-05-2012 05:59 PM

Sorry to ask, but could somebody please explain and give me an example on what arbitration is?

Adityase 07-05-2012 05:59 PM

We're going to accept the deal. We're desperate, he knows the system and he's a bigger body.

Honestly, I think with a training camp and a full season he'll be worth more than what the arbitrator awards him.

crashman 07-05-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaster (Post 52186159)
Hmmm, this is good, right?

What do you mean? He's not going to get a big raise.

Just because he filed doesn't mean Holland can't raise his offer and avoid a hearing, right?

jaster 07-05-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashman (Post 52186287)
What do you mean? He's not going to get a big raise.

Sorry, I edited my post to be more clear. I'm hoping we can now get him for less than he made last year.


Quote:

Just because he filed doesn't mean Holland can't raise his offer and avoid a hearing, right?
Correct. They can keep negotiating up until the hearing.

joe89 07-05-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaster (Post 52186159)
Hmmm, this is good, right? We could theoretically get him for less than he made last year? Of course, if he does go to arbitration, they could decide on some stupidly high number, and the Wings might agree to it.

I think 85% of previous salary is minimum, and yes I'm definitely not worried about the amount he's going to be awarded. Take the one year arbitration award and see how he plays next year.

crashman 07-05-2012 06:06 PM

I wish Abdelkader would file for arbitration, dude would probably get about $1m.

Henkka 07-05-2012 06:15 PM

I just don't understand what Quincey is thinking. His qualifying offer was 3.125 million, the same salary than at last year. Isn't that enough? Quite nice money already to make a fresh start for the next season.

This is just dump ass move, to maybe get some laughs, if the arbitrator gives the same money or even less.

TheMoreYouKnow 07-05-2012 06:19 PM

Quincey could fetch 4+ million on the open market.

Henkka 07-05-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow (Post 52187211)
Quincey could fetch 4+ million on the open market.

But salary arbitration is not the open market. They compare same aged other RFA's and their role, points, value.

TheMoreYouKnow 07-05-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henkka (Post 52187331)
But salary arbitration is not the open market. They compare same aged other RFA's and their role, points, value.

True, I'm just explaining why Quincey may feel the qualifying offer wasn't good enough.

Kronwalled55 07-05-2012 06:33 PM

Are you kidding me right now?

OnlyForward 07-05-2012 06:34 PM

Holland can elect for a 2 year term, correct? Otherwise Quincey could leave to get paid as a UFA next year. Or will he still be a RFA?

sparr0w 07-05-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow (Post 52187211)
Quincey could fetch 4+ million on the open market.

So why the **** doesn't he? This is dumb because now we're either stuck with him or lose him for nothing... Because you know he's not getting traded.

OwkBlue 07-05-2012 06:36 PM

Time to move on,not worth it. Dude just doesn't play well here. Don't sign him and put a construction cone with a stick taped to it on the ice,people won't be able to tell the difference.

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

TheMoreYouKnow 07-05-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norrisnick (Post 52187995)
So why the **** doesn't he? This is dumb because now we're either stuck with him or lose him for nothing... Because you know he's not getting traded.

He's a RFA, as far as I know he can't simply test the open market.

pdd 07-05-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaster (Post 52186159)
Hmmm, this is good, right? We could theoretically get him for less than he made last year? Of course, if he does go to arbitration, they could decide on some stupidly high number, and the Wings might agree to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adityase (Post 52186217)
We're going to accept the deal. We're desperate, he knows the system and he's a bigger body.

Honestly, I think with a training camp and a full season he'll be worth more than what the arbitrator awards him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashman (Post 52186287)
What do you mean? He's not going to get a big raise.

Just because he filed doesn't mean Holland can't raise his offer and avoid a hearing, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe89 (Post 52186419)
I think 85% of previous salary is minimum, and yes I'm definitely not worried about the amount he's going to be awarded. Take the one year arbitration award and see how he plays next year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henkka (Post 52187005)
I just don't understand what Quincey is thinking. His qualifying offer was 3.125 million, the same salary than at last year. Isn't that enough? Quite nice money already to make a fresh start for the next season.

This is just dump ass move, to maybe get some laughs, if the arbitrator gives the same money or even less.

His QO is $3.25.

How he could POSSIBLY think that he's going to get more than that from an arbitrator is beyond me. Maybe he thinks he can get Holland to walk (or panic) and can then get a big offer of $4m+. Two defensemen who had similar years last year and went UFA are Joe Corvo and Sheldon Souray. Souray nabbed a 3yr/$11m deal from the Ducks and Corvo was re-signed by Carolina for a year at $2m. Both have a significantly better track record than Quincey. The average cap hit of the two deals is about $2.83m. So there's that. And he'll be looking at less because the other two are established producers and guys who bring more than scoring.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.