HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Buffalo - San Jose (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1225479)

Nuke 07-05-2012 11:43 PM

Buffalo - San Jose
 
To Buffalo:

- Marleau


To San Jose:

- Stafford
- Sekera
- Adam


- Cap hits are about equal.

- Buffalo gets a vet player that can play center or wing.

- Sharks get a top 6 winger, a top 4 D-Man with top pairing potential, and a quality prospect that projects to either a 3rd line C or 2nd line winger.

couture23 07-05-2012 11:57 PM

Sekera is arguably the most underrated defenceman on the Sabres, I would prefer not to lose him for a 32 year old winger who wouldn't fair that well without Joe Thornton as his center.

dma0034 07-05-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuke (Post 52201811)
To Buffalo:

- Marleau


To San Jose:

- Stafford
- Sekera
- Adam


- Cap hits are about equal.

- Buffalo gets a vet player that can play center or wing.

- Sharks get a top 6 winger, a top 4 D-Man with top pairing potential, and a quality prospect that projects to either a 3rd line C or 2nd line winger.

Nuke are you a Sabres fan? I only ask because every time I see a trade from you Buffalo is royally getting ****ed.

SLAPSHOT723 07-05-2012 11:58 PM

Awesome avatar.

couture23 07-06-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dma0034 (Post 52202453)
Nuke are you a Sabres fan? I only ask because every time I see a trade from you Buffalo is royally getting ****ed.

Haha perfect reply. Yeah, this doesn't make too much sense from a Sabres standpoint.

Hatrick Marleau 07-06-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by couture23 (Post 52202417)
Sekera is arguably the most underrated defenceman on the Sabres, I would prefer not to lose him for a 32 year old winger who wouldn't fair that well without Joe Thornton as his center.

Joe Thornton already isn't his center.

Nuke 07-06-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dma0034 (Post 52202453)
Nuke are you a Sabres fan? I only ask because every time I see a trade from you Buffalo is royally getting ****ed.

Yes I'm a Sabres fan. The reason my trades are like that is because I'm one of the only Sabres on the forums that actually understands the concept of giving to get and that sometimes you have to overpay on an individual trade to improve your team overall.


Quote:

Originally Posted by couture23 (Post 52202535)
Haha perfect reply. Yeah, this doesn't make too much sense from a Sabres standpoint.

It makes a ton of sense. It gives us a vet player that can play center with Hodgson and Grigs. Which in turn makes Ennis expendable, which allows us to flip him as part of a package to Anaheim for Ryan.

Vanek - Marleau - Ryan
Leino - Hodgson - Pomminville
Foligno - Grigorenko - Ott
Gerbe - Mccormick - Tropp/Kaleta

Timbo Slice 07-06-2012 12:24 AM

Wow, no way from a Sabres standpoint.

TheJuxtaposer 07-06-2012 12:26 AM

Marleau is by far my favorite Shark, but I'd be hard-pressed to turn that down. :laugh:

Revelate 07-06-2012 12:27 AM

That trade makes the Sabres dramatically worse. People underestimate Sekera's importance to our D core. Yes we have a lot of depth, but we lack top 2 pairing quality at the moment.

Hatrick Marleau 07-06-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 52203349)
Marleau is by far my favorite Shark, but I'd be hard-pressed to turn that down. :laugh:

Same here.

dma0034 07-06-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuke (Post 52202957)
Yes I'm a Sabres fan. The reason my trades are like that is because I'm one of the only Sabres on the forums that actually understands the concept of giving to get and that sometimes you have to overpay on an individual trade to improve your team overall.




It makes a ton of sense. It gives us a vet player that can play center with Hodgson and Grigs. Which in turn makes Ennis expendable, which allows us to flip him as part of a package to Anaheim for Ryan.

Vanek - Marleau - Ryan
Leino - Hodgson - Pomminville
Foligno - Grigorenko - Ott
Gerbe - Mccormick - Tropp/Kaleta

Problem is Regier has said that Ennis is untouchable. I'd rather keep Ennis. :amazed: than trade him for Ryan. That package of Adam - Stafford - Sekera is only a few parts away from being a good deal for Ryan.

Adam - Sekera - Stafford - Pysyk - 1st probably gets it done:

Vanek - Hodgson - Pominville
Foligno - Ennis - Ryan
Leino - Grigorenko - Ott
Gerbe - McCormick - Kaleta

Timbo Slice 07-06-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuke (Post 52202957)
Yes I'm a Sabres fan. The reason my trades are like that is because I'm one of the only Sabres on the forums that actually understands the concept of giving to get and that sometimes you have to overpay on an individual trade to improve your team overall.




It makes a ton of sense. It gives us a vet player that can play center with Hodgson and Grigs. Which in turn makes Ennis expendable, which allows us to flip him as part of a package to Anaheim for Ryan.

Vanek - Marleau - Ryan
Leino - Hodgson - Pomminville
Foligno - Grigorenko - Ott
Gerbe - Mccormick - Tropp/Kaleta

Marleau has a huge contract, and is on the downside of his career. Why would we give up a top pairing defenseman, a top 6 winger, and a good prospect?

And acquiring this player (Who is a winger now, not a center) it makes our best center (at the moment) expendable? There is so much wrong with this.

Nuke 07-06-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dma0034 (Post 52203419)
Problem is Regier has said that Ennis is untouchable. I'd rather keep Ennis. :amazed: than trade him for Ryan. That package of Adam - Stafford - Sekera is only a few parts away from being a good deal for Ryan.

Adam - Sekera - Stafford - Pysyk - 1st probably gets it done:

Not if the Ducks want a Number 2 C for Ryan, which all reports are to be the case.

I'm fairly certain at this point that Ryan will not be a Sabre unless we give them Hodgson or Ennis. In order to do that, we need to go acquire a Vet number 1 or 2 center to make one of them expendable.

Nuke 07-06-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo Slice (Post 52203457)
Marleau has a huge contract, and is on the downside of his career. Why would we give up a top pairing defenseman, a top 6 winger, and a good prospect?

Marleau is only 32. He's got 4-5 productive years in him at least. Plenty of time to find a replacement when the time comes.

For the record, I'd offer that same package for Pavelski, but I think Shark fans would rather trade Marleau.

dkollidas 07-06-2012 12:39 AM

Would rather keep the young pieces, especially Sekera, and build for the long haul. I feel like Grigs and Girgs could be the key components to building a cup contender, especially if Myers, McNabb, Ennis, Foligno and Hodgson develop as hoped. We have a bright future, no need to get rid of pieces that will be a part of that in exchange for a piece that likely won't be here for that.

dma0034 07-06-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuke (Post 52203499)
Not if the Ducks want a Number 2 C for Ryan, which all reports are to be the case.

I'm fairly certain at this point that Ryan will not be a Sabre unless we give them Hodgson or Ennis. In order to do that, we need to go acquire a Vet number 1 or 2 center to make one of them expendable.

Adam was our first line center for a couple months..... maybe Darth Regier can convince them that a Selanne - Adam - Stafford line is a nice 2nd line. :naughty:

thefifagod 07-06-2012 01:27 AM

This is atrocious for the Sabres. Just giving up way too much.

Inub0i 07-06-2012 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefifagod (Post 52204913)
This is atrocious for the Sabres. Just giving up way too much.

You gotta give to get buddy.

I'd consider it, but I liked the one trade the majority agreed on: Clowe+Murray for Stafford+Leopold

TheJuxtaposer 07-06-2012 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuke (Post 52203529)
Marleau is only 32. He's got 4-5 productive years in him at least. Plenty of time to find a replacement when the time comes.

For the record, I'd offer that same package for Pavelski, but I think Shark fans would rather trade Marleau.

Personally I'd rather trade Pavelski, but that's neither here nor there. If you offered Sekera, Adam, and Stafford for Pavs I'd take it and run as far away as I could before you recovered from whatever mind-altering substance you'd recently consumed. :laugh:

BigDmitriy 07-06-2012 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 52203349)
Marleau is by far my favorite Shark, but I'd be hard-pressed to turn that down. :laugh:

Agreed.

tsujimoto74 07-06-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuke (Post 52203529)
Marleau is only 32. He's got 4-5 productive years in him at least. Plenty of time to find a replacement when the time comes.

For the record, I'd offer that same package for Pavelski, but I think Shark fans would rather trade Marleau.

So he'll maybe still be playing hockey by the time Buffalo's young core has developed enough to be a contender. Sounds awesome.
Would absolutely not do that trade.

SundherDome 07-06-2012 10:28 AM

If im giving up those assests..id rather have danny back

liquid swords 07-06-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inub0i (Post 52205315)
You gotta give to get buddy.

I'd consider it, but I liked the one trade the majority agreed on: Clowe+Murray for Stafford+Leopold

yes everyone understands you have to give to get, however in this case buffalo is giving way too much for too little in return. pass.

BackGroundMusic 07-06-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inub0i (Post 52205315)
You gotta give to get buddy.

I'd consider it, but I liked the one trade the majority agreed on: Clowe+Murray for Stafford+Leopold

I like that deal way more.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.