HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Prospect Info: Calgary Flames 2012 Prospect Rankings - #10 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1225517)

Noori 07-06-2012 02:24 AM

Calgary Flames 2012 Prospect Rankings - #10
 
Number One - Sven Baertschi (95%)
http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_r...y=80&size=650x

--------------------

Number Two - T.J. Brodie (63%)
http://www.nhl-results.com/photos/tj...tick-f715c.jpg

--------------------

Number Three - Leland Irving (40%)
http://flameforthought.com/files/2012/02/5905924.jpg

--------------------

Number Four A - Johnny Gaudreau (39%)
http://2.cdn.nhle.com/flames/images/...audreau_bc.jpg

--------------------

Number Four B - Max Reinhart (37%)
http://www.calgaryherald.com/6550522.bin

--------------------

Number Six - Mark Jankowski (64%)
http://flamesnation.ca/uploads/Image...EB-397x300.jpg

--------------------

Number Seven - Roman Horak (25%)
http://flameforthought.com/files/201...nal.jpg?f39e2f

--------------------

Number Eight - Greg Nemisz (32%)
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/G...4MZE2JuA6l.jpg

--------------------

Number Nine - Markus Granlund (24%)
http://kuvapankki.jatkoaika.com/g2/d...3/4H0Q5121.JPG

Noori 07-06-2012 02:29 AM

Tight between Brossoit, Byron and Ferland for me. These three are the guys left who I would consider to be really solid prospects. The guys behind them have big holes and question marks, whether its attitude and work ethic (Aliu and Howse), skating (Arnold), or offense (Sieloff, Wotherspoon, and Ramage).

Money Baer 07-06-2012 02:47 AM

Sieloff might not have the offensive upside, but he's sound defensively. Think of a smaller/more explosive/better skating Regehr. He's a great prospect, who fans will fall in love with.

It's a toss up between Ferland and Sieloff for me.

Devilspuppet666 07-06-2012 03:19 AM

OMG i picked the wrong player... io went with ferland over Ramage... i love Ramage.... :cry:

Devilspuppet666 07-06-2012 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noori (Post 52204979)
Tight between Brossoit, Byron and Ferland for me. These three are the guys left who I would consider to be really solid prospects. The guys behind them have big holes and question marks, whether its attitude and work ethic (Aliu and Howse), skating (Arnold), or offense (Sieloff, Wotherspoon, and Ramage).

i dont think offence will be a problem with wotherspoon or ramage... maybe sieloff tho...

WhereIsIt 07-06-2012 03:20 AM

Hahaha, just noticed there's a 4A and a 4B... can't you just call them 4 and 5 and it's basically the same thing?

HF people love to add As and Bs to the end of numbers I've noticed :laugh:

Noori 07-06-2012 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilspuppet666 (Post 52205845)
i dont think offence will be a problem with wotherspoon or ramage... maybe sieloff tho...

Really? The fact that John Ramge's offensive output hasn't changed whatsoever from his freshman year is telling in terms of his offensive growth and potential. He has pretty much reached it.

Wotherspoon did double his point totals from last season, but 28 points in 67 games doesn't exactly scream 'offensive upside' to me.

Noori 07-06-2012 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Erixons Dad (Post 52205847)
Hahaha, just noticed there's a 4A and a 4B... can't you just call them 4 and 5 and it's basically the same thing?

HF people love to add As and Bs to the end of numbers I've noticed :laugh:

If you go back and look at the poll, it was between Reinhart and Gaudreau all the way. The only other player receiving any votes was Jankowski and he was still way back. It wouldn't have felt right to put one over the other.

When I 4A/4B, I don't mean that the 4A player is slightly better than 4B, I'm indicating that they are the same and that there are two of them.

Devilspuppet666 07-06-2012 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noori (Post 52205881)
Really? The fact that John Ramge's offensive output hasn't changed whatsoever from his freshman year is telling in terms of his offensive growth and potential. He has pretty much reached it.

Wotherspoon did double his point totals from last season, but 28 points in 67 games doesn't exactly scream 'offensive upside' to me.

i meant i see them being better offensively (25-30 points) than sieloff (sarich production), and other defensive dmen... and thats i dont consider lack of offensive production a huge loss in a defensive d man

HighLifeMan 07-06-2012 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noori (Post 52205881)
Really? The fact that John Ramge's offensive output hasn't changed whatsoever from his freshman year is telling in terms of his offensive growth and potential. He has pretty much reached it.

Wotherspoon did double his point totals from last season, but 28 points in 67 games doesn't exactly scream 'offensive upside' to me.

To some degree, but he was also stuck behind three impressive OFD.

Joe Morrow
Derrick Poulliot
Troy Rutkowski

He will get a slight increase in his opportunity I imagine with Rutkowski most likely going pro. I think he has 25-30 point upside at the NHL level, more so than Ramage in my estimation.

Flamefan1 07-06-2012 04:10 AM

Brossoit for me.

Haatley 07-06-2012 08:50 AM

sieloff severely under rated...
i understand you guys see a lot of chl hockey, but jesus.... broissot is not a top prospect of this team.

TherapyforGlencross 07-06-2012 08:55 AM

Went with Brossoit.

CGYPUKSUX 07-06-2012 10:01 AM

Going through these rankings should give Flames fans some pause to realize help is on the way. There are some good players to pick through. Only one is a bluechipper, but there are still some good prospects in the mix. Looking at the list I think there are two ways to look at it. One is to say who has the highest upside. The second is to say who has the highest potential to make it to the NHL and play on the Calgary Flames. I think both lists, a bakers dozen of each, should look like this, recognizing that Brodie has already graduated to the NHL.

Highest potential

1. Bartschi
2. Gaudreau
3. Jankowski
4. Reinhart
5. Irving
6. Granlund
7. Horak
8. Arnold
9. Ramage
10. Ferland
11. Nemisz
12. Sieloff
13. Bouwma

Most likely to play in NHL

1. Bartschi
2. Bouma
3. Irving
4. Reinhart
5. Nemisz
6. Horak
7. Ferland
8. Ramage
9. Sieloff
10. Wotherspoon
11. Howse
12. Gaudreau
13. Jankowski

There are a lot of things that prevent players from getting to the NHL and that is what makes the difference in the lists. Size, style of play, needs of the team, economics, training habits, and pure desire make or break players. I think the Flames have a very interesting group of prospects, way better than many of the talking heads like to admit, and the future is a lot brighter than we imagined, no matter which way you look at it.

Money Baer 07-06-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haatley (Post 52208629)
sieloff severely under rated...
i understand you guys see a lot of chl hockey, but jesus.... broissot is not a top prospect of this team.

This.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Gillies jump passed Brossit in the near future.

Johnny Hoxville 07-06-2012 12:12 PM

Ferland.

brewski1810 07-06-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally31 (Post 52211751)
This.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Gillies jump passed Brossit in the near future.

Brossoit had a great year and playoff for the oil kings, he is a year ahead of gillies in his development, at this point he Is ahead of gillies on the depth chart, not saying that won't change tho, just at this point in time.

Money Baer 07-06-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brewski1810 (Post 52221251)
Brossoit had a great year and playoff for the oil kings, he is a year ahead of gillies in his development, at this point he Is ahead of gillies on the depth chart, not saying that won't change tho, just at this point in time.

I know this. If you re-read my original post, you will see I never said he is ahead of Brossoit's development at this time... I was more hinting that I believe Gillies he has higher upside..

BLASPHEMOUS 07-06-2012 06:26 PM

Habs fan here in peace.

Question: How is the jank not at number one? He's clearly the best drafted player since Lemieux, and even then I doubt Lemieux could match Jankowski. :naughty:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.