HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Cal Clutterbuck to the Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1225667)

frankthetank91 07-06-2012 10:37 AM

Cal Clutterbuck to the Leafs

I've seen a couple of threads of Wild fans saying they'd trade him due to having replacements/cap.

So what would be realistic value of Cal to the Leafs?

Something based around Franson?

Boondock 07-06-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankthetank91 (Post 52213921)
I've seen a couple of threads of Wild fans saying they'd trade him due to having replacements/cap.

I would think the Leafs would need to add, but if the Wild were trying to shed a little cap that's not a terrible basis for a deal.

Minnesota 07-06-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankthetank91 (Post 52213921)

Where are these threads you speak of...?

Edit: If you're talking about this thread: Minny's cap situation, it's pretty clearly laid out that we're under the cap and finally have some depth. Why would we trade that away?

Re: Franson

Not really interested in Franson. We've got our bottom pairings locked up for the next couple years.

QMJHLfollower 07-06-2012 12:42 PM

Blacker for Clutterbuck?

Dr Jan Itor 07-06-2012 12:55 PM

Maybe one of those nice PMD's you have in the stable.

frankthetank91 07-06-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnesota (Post 52215487)
Where are these threads you speak of...?

Edit: If you're talking about this thread: Minny's cap situation, it's pretty clearly laid out that we're under the cap and finally have some depth. Why would we trade that away?

Re: Franson

Not really interested in Franson. We've got our bottom pairings locked up for the next couple years.

Well that's nice because Franson would easily be top 4 in Minny.

Dr Jan Itor 07-06-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankthetank91 (Post 52221939)
Well that's nice because Franson would easily be top 4 in Minny.

Alrighty then, Franson + Blacker + 2013 2nd rounder

Ashley 07-06-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower (Post 52220207)
Blacker for Clutterbuck?

He's a very underrated prospect. Weird how Leaf fans don't talk more about this guy.

QMJHLfollower 07-06-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley (Post 52222781)
He's a very underrated prospect. Weird how Leaf fans don't talk more about this guy.

We are all high on him, but you have to give to have someone like Clutterbuck, and with our prospects depth at defense, we can afford to trade Blacker for what we need, a physical winger like Clutterbuck.

Ashley 07-06-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower (Post 52222937)
We are all high on him, but you have to give to have someone like Clutterbuck, and with our prospects depth at defense, we can afford to trade Blacker for what we need, a physical winger like Clutterbuck.

Oh no I'm just saying that before someone says it's a complete underpayment. I watched Blacker lead Owen to the OHL Championship.

Brewsky 07-06-2012 01:30 PM

Ross is basically Clutterbuck no thank you, well keep Black Attack

rockinghockey 07-06-2012 01:31 PM

Would love to get Clutter in EDM. Prospect (Yak is a big NO) and a 2nd I would give for him.

Hero 07-06-2012 01:33 PM

I'd do Blacker for Clutterbuck.

Ontario boy, 3rd line gritty winger. Exactly what we need.

exporta 07-06-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley (Post 52222781)

I for one think blacker can be a top 4 defender in the NHL. I've liked him in the limited games I've seen him play, (preseason, AHL and the OHL).

I don't want to move him, but with Reilly and Gardiner you'd think he'd have to be an expendable asset.

MISC* 07-06-2012 01:38 PM

I don't think you Leafs fans understand how valuable Clutterbuck is to the Wild.

Kadri for Clut.

I would do Schroeder straight for him.

frankthetank91 07-06-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hero (Post 52223279)
I'd do Blacker for Clutterbuck.

Ontario boy, 3rd line gritty winger. Exactly what we need.

I'd trade any prospect besides Rielly, Blacker, Finn and Percy. I believe along with Gardiner that is our future d-core. 3 Ontario boys too.

Franson +2nd for Cal?

QMJHLfollower 07-06-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MISC (Post 52223621)
I don't think you Leafs fans understand how valuable Clutterbuck is to the Wild.

Kadri for Clut.

Kadri>Blacker>Schroeder.

frankthetank91 07-06-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Kadri for Clut.

I do understand he's one of the best 3rd line winger in the league. But the Wilds defense even with Suter doesn't look too great.

Franson + another piece is what i'm looking for.

Bookman 07-06-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Kadri for Clut.

Can't belielve a Toronto trade proposal went all the way to 15 before Kadri's name came up.

Although to be fair, it is a Franson thread .... ;)

Connor McJesus 07-06-2012 02:17 PM

lmao

Leafs fans debating with eachother how to rip off another team.

Chungo 07-06-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower (Post 52223741)
Kadri>Blacker>Schroeder.

this

However, Blacker or Franson alone won't get Clutterbuck... It will take overpayment since he's a fan favourite in the system.

Boondock 07-06-2012 02:59 PM

I think the biggest problem with a lot of the Leaf fans evaluations of their prospects is that people are looking at their maximum potential and assigning value based on a fantasy of what a prospect could become. Clutterbuck is 24 years old with 4 full NHL seasons under his belt. He has proven that he is an NHL player. Clutterbuck won't ever be in the running for the Hart trophy, but you can bank on around 20 goals/20 assists and 300 hits. I personally would take the proven NHL player over a 2nd tier prospect (Blacker/Percy) who could be a top 4 dman, or could struggle to even make the NHL. Obviously prospects like Tarasenko or Gromley have more value, but those guys are in a different class of prospect then Blacker or the likes.

Hotlanta 07-06-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boondock (Post 52228053)
I think the biggest problem with a lot of the Leaf fans evaluations of their prospects is that people are looking at their maximum potential and assigning value based on a fantasy of what a prospect could become. Clutterbuck is 24 years old with 4 full NHL seasons under his belt. He has proven that he is an NHL player. Clutterbuck won't ever be in the running for the Hart trophy, but you can bank on around 20 goals/20 assists and 300 hits. I personally would take the proven NHL player over a 2nd tier prospect (Blacker/Percy) who could be a top 4 dman, or could struggle to even make the NHL. Obviously prospects like Tarasenko or Gromley have more value, but those guys are in a different class of prospect then Blacker or the likes.

If you mean Brandon Gormley, there is not much difference in potential between him and Blacker. Both project to be no. 2-3 defenseman in the future. Gormley may have slightly higher probability of reaching his full potential but if you followed the Leafs, you would know Blacker had a great rookie campaign with the Marlies and looks just as good as Gormley. Draft position and one year of development being the key difference.

Connor McJesus 07-06-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotlanta (Post 52233093)
If you mean Brandon Gormley, there is not much difference in potential between him and Blacker. Both project to be no. 2-3 defenseman in the future. Gormley may have slightly higher probability of reaching his full potential but if you followed the Leafs, you would know Blacker had a great rookie campaign with the Marlies and looks just as good as Gormley. Draft position and one year of development being the key difference.

ROFL!!!!! heil this guy

Briecheeze 07-06-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chungo (Post 52227737)
However, Blacker or Franson alone won't get Clutterbuck... It will take overpayment since he's a fan favourite in the system.

Not being a Wild fan, and not living in Minnesota, I might be wrong about this, but with the additions of Parise and Suter, I think Wild fans would understand if Clutterbuck was dealt to create a little bit of cap space and to get a PMD prospect?

I'd love Clutterbuck on the Leafs, but I don't know if I would love giving up Blacker - even if the team has too many d-men in the system.