HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Phoenix/Montreal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1226273)

UniverStalinGraduate* 07-07-2012 02:38 AM

Phoenix/Montreal

To Montreal:

Ekman-Larsson, Vermette, 2013 2nd round pick

To Phoenix:

Plekanec, Subban, Beaulieu, Gomez

Shepard 07-07-2012 02:51 AM

I was dumbfounded before I saw Gomez being included...

UniverStalinGraduate* 07-07-2012 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shepard (Post 52254921)
I was dumbfounded before I saw Gomez being included...

I'm a Habs fan and I think I made them overpay severely. I originally had Hanzal in but I thought he made it too one sided that way.

Mr Misty 07-07-2012 02:55 AM

Can PHX afford that? The Habs shed a ton of cap here.

CRSeven 07-07-2012 02:56 AM

Phoenix would be insane to trade Ekman-Larsson.

letowskie 07-07-2012 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate (Post 52254557)
To Montreal:

Ekman-Larsson, Vermette, 2013 2nd round pick

To Phoenix:

Plekanec, Subban, Beaulieu, Gomez

More quantity for quality, so thatbwould be a resounding no. I don't think there is anyone on montreal (that could be reasonably available), that we would be interested in, especially for either Yandle or OEL.

MasterDecoy 07-07-2012 02:57 AM

Remove Gomez and I think the value is close. Still, you're gonna get every 'yotes fan complaining because oel is god while in reality, I see him barely better than subban now, but who knows in the future. Plekanec is better than Vermette and there's no arguing that, and beaulieu is a great prospect. A 2nd is a 2nd...

Shepard 07-07-2012 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate (Post 52254951)
I'm a Habs fan and I think I made them overpay severely. I originally had Hanzal in but I thought he made it too one sided that way.

I'm assuming Beaulieu is supposed to be a big part in evening out this trade, but he's a defensive prospect, which is exactly what we don't need more of.

NHL ready forwards is our biggest need right now, and I'd love to have Plekanec, but I wouldn't include OEL in a trade to get him.

MasterDecoy 07-07-2012 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letowskie (Post 52255061)
More quantity for quality, so thatbwould be a resounding no. I don't think there is anyone on montreal (that could be reasonably available), that we would be interested in, especially for either Yandle or OEL.

Yeah you're right. Plekanec and subban is quantity and beaulieu = buuuuust :help:

UniverStalinGraduate* 07-07-2012 03:00 AM

Quote:

What? Quantity for quality?

Look up Subban's rookie numbers 2 seasons ago (when he was OEL's age this year) and look up what his rookie season playoff numbers look like.

He got called up and played pretty significant minutes, the playoffs earlier after having played just 2 games during the season.

Plekanec is also a great 2nd line center, far far better than Vermette. Doesn't cost much more either.

Gomez is included because Subban/Beaulieu for OEL and then Plekx for Vermette seems like a bit of an underpayment. 2nd rounder comes in for cap savings PHX gets on Gomez over the next 2 years and just a bit of insurance if he comes around for them.

Mr Misty 07-07-2012 03:01 AM

Quote:

I would characterize those players as an impressive quantity of quality. Except Gomez.

UniverStalinGraduate* 07-07-2012 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shepard (Post 52255081)
I'm assuming Beaulieu is supposed to be a big part in evening out this trade, but he's a defensive prospect, which is exactly what we don't need more of.

NHL ready forwards is our biggest need right now, and I'd love to have Plekanec, but I wouldn't include OEL in a trade to get him.

Fair enough. The Habs are average at forward prospect and most of their guys need some time to see what they're all about.

I personally would think Subban has more value in a trade at this point than OEL does.

UniverStalinGraduate* 07-07-2012 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Misty (Post 52255155)
I would characterize those players as an impressive quantity of quality. Except Gomez.

Yup, Gomez evens it out a bit back the other way. It's not a real hockey trade, the cap implications and Gomez potentially even rebounding a bit all factor in.

How about Leblanc? PHX could use some forward prospects.

MasterDecoy 07-07-2012 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate (Post 52255159)
I personally would think Subban has more value in a trade at this point than OEL does.

Why?

Maybe switch beaulieu with Gallagher?

Mr Misty 07-07-2012 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate (Post 52255159)
Fair enough. The Habs are average at forward prospect and most of their guys need some time to see what they're all about.

As a Stars fan I would rather see Subban in PHX than OEL, but there isn't a ton of difference.

Subban<OEL
Plekanec>Vermette+2nd
Gomez+Beaulieu=0

:dunno:

Shepard 07-07-2012 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Misty (Post 52255293)
As a Stars fan I would rather see Subban in PHX than OEL, but there isn't a ton of difference.

Subban<OEL
Plekanec>Vermette+2nd
Gomez+Beaulieu=0

I had no idea Beaulieu was that good. :sarcasm:

UniverStalinGraduate* 07-07-2012 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterDecoy (Post 52255209)
Why?

Maybe switch beaulieu with Gallagher?

No never, I love Gallagher too much to ever offer him in a deal.

I dunno about my Subban vs OEL comment now. Their value is probably identical. I don't think either one's GM would be all that excited if the other one was offered straight up for theirs, becuase theirs was so much worse in their opinion.

letowskie 07-07-2012 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterDecoy (Post 52255111)
Yeah you're right. Plekanec and subban is quantity and beaulieu = buuuuust :help:

Quote:

Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate (Post 52255127)
What? Quantity for quality?

Look up Subban's rookie numbers 2 seasons ago (when he was OEL's age this year) and look up what his rookie season playoff numbers look like.

He got called up and played pretty significant minutes, the playoffs earlier after having played just 2 games during the season.

Plekanec is also a great 2nd line center, far far better than Vermette. Doesn't cost much more either.

Gomez is included because Subban/Beaulieu for OEL and then Plekx for Vermette seems like a bit of an underpayment. 2nd rounder comes in for cap savings PHX gets on Gomez over the next 2 years and just a bit of insurance if he comes around for them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Misty (Post 52255155)

The value is there, like I said; but that's not what we are looking for.

If we were to deal either Yandle or OEL; we would need a package around a relatively young (ideally Yandle's age), NHL proven, top-line, game breaking forward coming back. There are very few teams that could spare such a player in a trade. And someone like Plakanec is not it. I don't think Mont has anyone in their organization that fits the bill, so we are not interested.

A couple of teams might have that type of quality and depth at forwards that could make such a deal, which are Boston, Philadelphia, Chicago, St. Louis, Edmonton; and that's pretty much about it.

TheJuxtaposer 07-07-2012 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Misty (Post 52255293)

Subban<OEL
Plekanec>Vermette+2nd
Gomez+Beaulieu=0

You're underrating Vermette. He's a very, very good player.

And personally, it'd take a lot more than Beaulieu to make me want to take on Gomez, but I can only speak for cap teams.

RemoAZ 07-07-2012 07:16 AM

OEL is next to untradeable so the conversation never even starts.

poetryinmotion 07-07-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterDecoy (Post 52255075)
Remove Gomez and I think the value is close. Still, you're gonna get every 'yotes fan complaining because oel is god while in reality, I see him barely better than subban now, but who knows in the future. Plekanec is better than Vermette and there's no arguing that, and beaulieu is a great prospect. A 2nd is a 2nd...

I'm sorry? What has OEL done to be considered better than Subban.

As for the OP's proposal... that's lunacy. I thought you were a Habs fan.

poetryinmotion 07-07-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Wtf are you talking about? This is quantity and MUCHO QUALITY. Watch an other team than the 'Yotes from time to time mmkay?

poetryinmotion 07-07-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RemoAZ (Post 52257499)
OEL is next to untradeable so the conversation never even starts.

Subban is just as "untradable", probably even more so than OEL, sin'ce I don't see the swede crushing players with open ice hits, agitating, or drawing as many penalties.

:teach:

Ghetto Sangria 07-07-2012 08:03 AM

This makes no sense to me. Oel is the better dman, but why give up pleks along with subban to get him? Subban is doing well as our no 1 and will only get better. And we need to keep our top 6 players

cobra427 07-07-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poetryinmotion (Post 52257745)
I'm sorry? What has OEL done to be considered better than Subban.

As for the OP's proposal... that's lunacy. I thought you were a Habs fan.

Maloney thinks OEL will be a norris trophy winner in the next few years, he won't trade him.