HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Montreal Impact - 2012 MLS Entry Season Thread 8.0 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1226641)

overlords 07-07-2012 07:53 PM

Montreal Impact - 2012 MLS Entry Season Thread 8.0

continue here

Montreal Impact FC 07-07-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 52279827)
continue here

Do you guys are like me thinking nesta might play earlier than we think? Like less than 2 weeks?

gusfring 07-07-2012 08:09 PM

I would doubt it. He hasn't played for a few months.

Montreal Impact FC 07-07-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nittany (Post 52280223)
I would doubt it. He hasn't played for a few months.

Yeah but defense is so much easier to adapt see ferrari and rivas made immediate impact even tough i understand he is not in game shape yet. Both coach and player might be tempted.

Captain Saku 07-07-2012 09:36 PM

If we continue losing I could see him play his first game on July 18th.

As I said earlier, Nesta at 1/10th capacity is 10 times better than Thomas.

IHaveNoCreativity 07-07-2012 10:02 PM

Any word on our starting 11 yet ?

PhysicX 07-07-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 52283347)
Any word on our starting 11 yet ?

With the injuries, the word I hear is pretty freakin' dissapointing and depressing line-up.

Captain Saku 07-07-2012 10:14 PM

Will take a guess

Ricketts, Valentin, Thomas, Camara, Brovsky, Warner, Bernier, Mapp, Neagle, Ubi, MDV.

If it was up to me I'd play Nyassi as a starter instead of Ubi or Neagle.

FF de Mars 07-07-2012 10:59 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaLYhTMkfUc

How can I properly post a video on HF ?

Shawn Wilken 07-07-2012 11:01 PM

[*yt]enter the small coding after the = in the URL here[/yt*]

Minus the * of course.

LaurentHabs 07-07-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF de Mars (Post 52285121)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaLYhTMkfUc

How can I properly post a video on HF ?

Hope ya guys enjoyed it. Was worth all my time so far :handclap:

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 07-07-2012 11:46 PM

It's pretty good. I seriously dislike the music.

FF de Mars 07-07-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurentHabs (Post 52286595)

Good job Lau. Thanks for that piece.

JordanStaal#1Fan 07-08-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurentHabs (Post 52286595)

Great job man, saw on Twitter that you got Zarek to share it*! Great job on both the vid and the RT, hehe! Shared it on FB so my friends that are Impact fans can enjoy!

*: I figured out it was you since it was a guy named Laurent sharing YOUR video :)

-----------

BTW, I thought about it and concluded that we could play a 3-4-1-2.

http://www.footballuser.com/formatio...eal_Impact.jpg

That would allow us to use our three best defenders, to solidify the midfield and to give Di Vaio a striker to pair with. I read that he was better as a complimentary striker than as a lone striker. Plus, it would help us get Wenger on the field.

I also thought we could use Brovski as a winger if needed. That would permit us to switch to a 5-3-2 without any substitution if we are leading. You can always sub Camara or Brovsky for Arnaud if you want a more defensive alignment. And we can bring Mapp or Nyassi for Valentin if we need attack. What do you guys think?

LaurentHabs 07-08-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsolument90 (Post 52286671)
It's pretty good. I seriously dislike the music.

Oh me neither man. I dont have that on my iPod. I just thought it suited the theme of the video which is basically just the beginning

IHaveNoCreativity 07-08-2012 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Saku (Post 52283665)
Will take a guess

Ricketts, Valentin, Thomas, Camara, Brovsky, Warner, Bernier, Mapp, Neagle, Ubi, MDV.

If it was up to me I'd play Nyassi as a starter instead of Ubi or Neagle.

So a 5-4-1 ? I agree it's a depressing lineup..

LaurentHabs 07-08-2012 03:10 AM

TBH, I don't really like the 3 at the back lineup... I mean our problem isn't scoring goals, it is conceding them. I agree that Nesta is in a whole different category, but asides Arnaud, Zarek & Brovsky, I can't think of one winger we have on our squad that has a high defensive & offensive workrate.

With what is available for Jesse, 5(or 3, however you want to call it) at the back does not suite us. Here is why: Most of our players are wide man. Nyassi, Ubi, Neagle, Mapp, Arnaud etc, are all players that play on the flanks. Our 3 Central players are Bernier, Warner & Felipe. With 5(or 3) at the back, wide players aren't as necessry since you basically just need two wing backs (In our case Zarek & Arnaud), Jeb being the replacement if one is injured/tired. They will cover almost the whole sidelines. So that means most of our subs would first of all, not fit the tactical scheme, and therefore will be useless. Unless Marsch wants to change formations after only one sub to suite everyone, but that means one of Zarek,Matteo, Nelson or Alessandro would have to get subbed out during the game to move to a more traditional 4 back opening up room for wide players.

Really an interesting problem. Will be nice to see what Marsch does.

Montreal Impact FC 07-08-2012 11:56 AM

Doesnt look like its going to be a sellout tonight... What if it never happen this season Joey will flip out... Mmm no he alrady is flippin at this point we need a major marketing move... But injuries dont help and the refering in last game sure doesnt help the perception of MLS being a poor league... Im inviting tonight some friends and hopefully they enjoy the experience and they repeat with other people... I want this team to impose itself and doing sellouts will surely help the intimidation factor... (The players were ok outside injuries) the crowd (attendance)as been worse than a regular habs pratice lol... So pathetic.

MontrealYul 07-08-2012 01:23 PM

I expect somewhere around 14 000 tonight. I added about 1500 for all the special offers of the last few days.

The stadium is not that far from downtown. Some people are really lazy.

LaurentHabs 07-08-2012 03:29 PM

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg620/sca...=640&ysize=640

Getting closer.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/all-star/20...12th-selection

We didn't get anyone in the MLS allstar game Starting XI.. Can't say they are bad choices, I reckon that a healthy Ferrari>Heath Pearce
Quote:

Goalkeeper: Jimmy Nielsen (Sporting Kansas City)

Defenders: Steven Beitashour (San Jose Earthquakes), Aurélien Collin (Sporting Kansas City), Jay DeMerit (Vancouver Whitecaps FC), Heath Pearce (New York Red Bulls)

Midfielders: David Beckham (LA Galaxy), Dwayne De Rosario (D.C. United), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

Forwards: Thierry Henry (New York Red Bulls), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)
BTW for my video, I got the music from this amazing vid I found on Youtube. Hope you guys like it. (Not my video, I just used the song of this one FOR mine :p)

L4vK 07-08-2012 04:00 PM

Aurelien Collin is allstar, wow I taugh he was not MLS material last game we played them hehe :sarcasm:

68 07-08-2012 04:01 PM

Nice video Laurent. The music is alright.

Zilo44 07-08-2012 04:01 PM

Which team does the all star team play against ?

LaurentHabs 07-08-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zilo44 (Post 52306289)
Which team does the all star team play against ?

Chelsea

The vid I posted 2 posts ago wasn't mine. Was one I found on the Internet, but used the same music for mine :P

Captain Saku 07-08-2012 04:13 PM

The starting 11 will be:

Ricketts, Valentin, Camara, Thomas, Brovsky, Warner, Bernier, Nyassi, Mapp, Ubi, MDV.

Mapp is going to play as a CAM. Wise choice IMO but I would have preferred Neagle over Ubi.