HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New Jersey Devils (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Trading D for new blood (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1226809)

Devilcake 07-08-2012 04:10 AM

Trading D for new blood

Since we got some xtra d-men i was thinking of trading one for some help on offense.

Tallinder/volch+ tedenby
For umberger or Malone both forwards with some grit and size and descant skills. They got a cap hit around 4,5. What do u think?

NJD Kula 07-08-2012 06:08 AM

No

Tedenby has no trade value right now and the Devils aren't going to give him away without trying him out some more, especially with Parise gone.

Volchenkov has a NTC

Tallinder is coming off a major injury and while he played a few SCF games his value is pretty low for what he's actually worth to the Devils given the likelihood he will mentor Larsson.

Salvador was just resigned so he's not going anywhere, especially after the monster playoffs he had.

Zidlicky has a NTC and is in the final year of his deal anyway plus he's great on the Devils and their best PP dman right now (tho I hope Larsson surpasses him this season).

The leaves only defensemen I see being traded as Greene and Fayne being that they probably will have the highest value and are the least useful to the Devils (not saying they are bad). I see both as a product of the Devils top notch coaching by Larry Robinson and similar to other Devils grads like Oduya and Mattau who are really not worth money (to the Devs) since they clearly were quite replaceable.

I don't think a trade happens though unless young guys perform well in camp.

Devils1029 07-08-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Kulachuk (Post 52291391)
No

Tedenby has no trade value right now and the Devils aren't going to give him away without trying him out some more, especially with Parise gone.

Volchenkov has a NTC

Tallinder is coming off a major injury and while he played a few SCF games his value is pretty low for what he's actually worth to the Devils given the likelihood he will mentor Larsson.

Salvador was just resigned so he's not going anywhere, especially after the monster playoffs he had.

Zidlicky has a NTC and is in the final year of his deal anyway plus he's great on the Devils and their best PP dman right now (tho I hope Larsson surpasses him this season).

The leaves only defensemen I see being traded as Greene and Fayne being that they probably will have the highest value and are the least useful to the Devils (not saying they are bad). I see both as a product of the Devils top notch coaching by Larry Robinson and similar to other Devils grads like Oduya and Mattau who are really not worth money (to the Devs) since they clearly were quite replaceable.

And Fayne is a RFA who filed for arbitration so I don;t think he can be traded now anyway - oh and he's also had surgery and is out. That pretty much leaves Andy Greene. His cap hit of $3+ could be attractive considering guys like Wideman and Carle got over $5 mil. Greene has 2 years left on his deal which could also be attractive.

Alone, I don't think Andy gets us more than a 2nd round pick and certainly not the Top 6 guy we're looking for, however, if we can package him with a pick or a prospect, it might work.

Would you deal Greene and Reid Boucher to Montreal for Gionta and a 4th?

Devils1029 07-08-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Kulachuk (Post 52291391)
No

Volchenkov has a NTC

And Fayne is a RFA who filed for arbitration so I don;t think he can be traded now anyway - oh and he's also had surgery and is out. That pretty much leaves Andy Greene. His cap hit of $3+ could be attractive considering guys like Wideman and Carle got over $5 mil. Greene has 2 years left on his deal which could also be attractive.

Alone, I don't think Andy gets us more than a 2nd round pick and certainly not the Top 6 guy we're looking for, however, if we can package him with a pick or a prospect, it might work.

Would you deal Greene and Reid Boucher to Montreal for Gionta and a 4th?

Devilcake 07-08-2012 06:59 AM

I see this trade as an replacement for pony/sykora not parise. I hope we sign semin or doan as a replacement for him. I like tedenby as well but i dont se him replacing parise.

BackSpasm Kovy 07-08-2012 08:07 AM

... is this serious?

Devilcake 07-08-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Take Notes (Post 52292299)
... is this serious?

Well im serious about trading
A dman Tallinder/volch+ tedenby for a physical top 6-9 forward. Maybe add another prospect if needed.

njdevilsftw 07-08-2012 09:15 AM

The the thing is devils can not afford to trade a forward right now. They are slim enough up from with what they jar. so if there is to be a trade it will involve one of the current d on the roster and prospects/picks..

hlaverty06 07-08-2012 09:18 AM

Tallinder and a conditional 3rd ( play 60-65 games) for Ales Hemsky. The dudes a playmaker. If he pans out fantastic if not theres only a year or two left on his deal.

jjp24Devils 07-08-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlaverty06 (Post 52293315)
Tallinder and a conditional 3rd ( play 60-65 games) for Ales Hemsky. The dudes a playmaker. If he pans out fantastic if not theres only a year or two left on his deal.

I don't think that's anywhere near enough to get Hemsky.

hlaverty06 07-08-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjp24Devils (Post 52293647)
I don't think that's anywhere near enough to get Hemsky.

Oilers fans on main board said they'd take it. Hemsky is their number 3 RW and getting 5 million. They want to dump him

KohoDonuts88 07-08-2012 11:26 AM

Our d-men are being undervalued here. While not commanding a king's ransom, injury or no, Tallinder would be valued by GMs looking for D at a fairly friendly cap hit.

To quote the Oilers' top beat writer

Jim Matheson ‏@NHLbyMatty
Something's got to give with Oiler forwards. Way too many signed one-way guys. Has to be a trade, don't you think?

I'm not a big Hemsky fan, but if we're going to acquire a $5M winger, I'd sooner Hemsky than Gionta.

Bleedred 07-08-2012 11:35 AM

My god why why why are some people so uptight about trading Tedenby? You gonna tell me if we packaged him for someone good you would complain?

We will be getting rid of one of the D men. There's no way we roll with all 8 of them. We are getting rid of one of them even if it means a buyout(I hope not that way) though I doubt it's a buyout. It comes down to Tallinder or Greene. Only ones without no move/trade clauses, and have respectable cap hits.

manilaNJ 07-08-2012 12:13 PM

It's not about being uptight about Tedenby. It's that his value is probably as close to 0 as it gets right now.

Most GMs are smart enough to know that he's currently played his way out of favors with us, Tedenby's name won't be worth much if he's included in any deal.

If Tedenby has developed even the slightest and can prove himself during camp/preaseason, we can get a better deal for him.

That's the only issue with trading him at this current time.

Jared Ramsden 07-08-2012 12:16 PM

I think Hemsky would be a logical trade target should NJ not be able to sign Semin. It's a good match. We have too many defenseman, they have too many forwards. Tallinder + one of our many defense prospects for Hemsky and a mid-round draft pick doesn't seem unreasonable.

There really aren't really many teams that fit as matches for trade partners, but Edmonton is definitely one of them. Sam Gagner would be another guy to possibly target. Dallas is another team that could maybe use an experienced blueliner too, and they could afford to trade a guy like Brendan Morrow (though he is a UFA at the end of the year) if they felt like adding a defenseman.

I'm pretty sure trading Tedenby at this point is probably the last thing the Devils want to do given the lack of depth on the wing. Odds are pretty good that he's going to be in the top-nine next season. It's way too early to give up on him. He does need to get stronger and bulk up a little bit, but he's got all summer to do that. I think he'll be much more prepared for this season given how down of a season he had last year.

Bleedred 07-08-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manilaNJ (Post 52297977)
It's not about being uptight about Tedenby. It's that his value is probably as close to 0 as it gets right now.

Most GMs are smart enough to know that he's currently played his way out of favors with us, Tedenby's name won't be worth much if he's included in any deal.

If Tedenby has developed even the slightest and can prove himself during camp/preaseason, we can get a better deal for him.

That's the only issue with trading him at this current time.

How about Tallinder/Urbom, and a second round pick? With all the D we got in our system it can't hurt to deal one away. Let's face it. Our blue line is never gonna be Larsson and Fayne with Gelinas, Urbom, Burlon, and Merrill. There simply isn't enough room. It's like all the goaltending prospects we've had over the years.

That, and people most definitely would be complaining, and calling that an AHL defense if that was the lineup.

Chico Eats 07-08-2012 12:32 PM

Merrill for Bobby Ryan straight up.

Add on two family size bags of Doritos brand corn chips.

Bleedred 07-08-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chico Eats (Post 52298679)
Merrill for Bobby Ryan straight up.

Add on two family size bags of Doritos brand corn chips.

Not sure if serious.

Merrill isn't even signed yet, and they're gonna want him plus Henrique or Zajac. They can go **** themselves for that. Unless of course Trav is drinking the ''Maximize your potential, and play for the money'' poison Zach is no doubt trying to push on him.

MJB Devils23* 07-08-2012 12:38 PM

I doubt you could give Tedenby away. Hell I doubt you can pay somebody to take him.

Bleedred 07-08-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJB Devils23 (Post 52298917)
I doubt you could give Tedenby away. Hell I doubt you can pay somebody to take him.

Give him to Toronto for free!:laugh:

apice3* 07-08-2012 12:40 PM

We don't need Bobby Ryan or his personality

The 29th Pick 07-08-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apice3 (Post 52298983)

I agree about not needing Bobby Ryan...he just wouldnt fit here
but a player of his size and skill would be a nice addition

and Tedenby has just got to develop some more before he is worth anything (either as a player on our team or trade bait)

Bleedred 07-08-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apice3 (Post 52298983)

He's not worth what they want. I think Henrique is or can be just as good. Ryan is just a little more proven because he's been around a few more years. These teams got a lot of nerve what they're asking for. I wonder if Montreal would hold Gomez hostage for some gold like Vancouver is for Luongo. My favorite is what LA wants for an unproven as a starter goalie in Jonathan Bernier.

manilaNJ 07-08-2012 12:46 PM

Ryan and Nash will not be worth the price of acquiring them. Not for us, at least.

Other than Kovy, when was the last time Lou traded for one of the big names on the market? Not his style.
He's all about the low key, low risk deals.
(And even in the Kovy trade, he didn't let go of much value)

kyle evs48 07-08-2012 12:46 PM

Where does all this Bobby Ryan dislike stem from?