HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Wild Forum Rules - Newcomers & Visiting Fans Please Read! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1226861)

Jarick 07-08-2012 09:45 AM

Wild Forum Rules - Newcomers & Visiting Fans Please Read!

Since I don't want this to get lost in any particular thread, I'll post it here.

With the Wild picking up Parise and Suter, there's been a lot of new posters signing up, as well as a lot of other teams' fans coming over.

Just a reminder about some of the rules:

- In order to keep good discussions and attitudes, we enforce the site rules.

- Part of those rules is trolling, which is posting for the sole purpose of starting a dispute, antagonizing other posters, or disrupting the forum.

- If you see anyone violating the site rules, PLEASE USE THE REPORT BUTTON. The post will be immediately reviewed by global mods and that will keep some peace and order.

- If you have any questions or comments, you can PM any of the mods. We actively discuss how to keep the boards friendly and with good hockey talk.

Thanks!

GopherState 07-08-2012 12:57 PM

To add to this (although Jarick did a great job highlighting the big points):

-The Minnesota forum is slanted towards the team. Same goes with any other team forum; if you decide to post on one that isn't the Wild, be respectful, courteous and remember that it's a board for fans of said team.

-The general boards are "neutral." What may be a trolling post on a team board may not be one in the NHL or prospect boards.

-Debate the point, not the poster.

Fel 96 07-09-2012 01:21 AM

One more thing, when you see a bad post and you report it, just do that. There's absolutely no reason to quote the post and respond.

And posting on other team boards is at your own risk. Expect consequences if you had a bad purpose.

Fel 96 07-28-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GopherState (Post 52299529)
-Debate the point, not the poster.

Quoting this because I've noticed a lot of flaming issue happened here lately.

Please be respectful between each other. If you don't like a member, you can simply add this member in question to your ignore list and everything will be fine.

Thank you!

Jarick 08-22-2012 09:04 AM

I'd like to add, if you have any questions about moderation, please send a PM to Avder, Lapa, Jarick or Minnesota.

Jarick 01-23-2013 12:52 PM

It looks like we have some new posters here. Welcome! And please read our guidelines to get a feel for the place. Let us know if you have any questions!

Jarick 07-02-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fel 96 (Post 53075593)
Quoting this because I've noticed a lot of flaming issue happened here lately.

Please be respectful between each other. If you don't like a member, you can simply add this member in question to your ignore list and everything will be fine.

Thank you!

Since it's been fairly heated here the last couple weeks, just a reminder of the site rules...

Quote:

1) Flaming: Do not post any messages that harass, insult (name calling), belittle, threaten or mock other members. Debates are fine, but critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks are not permitted. Do not call other posters trolls. Do not use sweeping generalizations and plural pronouns to cloak personal attacks. For example if a poster(s) states that he thinks 'x' is a good idea, replying that "Anyone who supports 'x' is an idiot" is a personal attack. Do not start threads to call out and embarrass other members; or make posts about ignore lists
I'd like to add a couple things.

First, let's avoid the "you're not a GM, you're not a scout, you're not a pro hockey player" BS. Obviously. None of us are (especially since Kassian was traded :sarcasm:). The reality is this is a hockey fan forum where we frequently give our opinions, agree, and disagree. This isn't a debate club where we're trying to score points and win arguments.

Second, there's been a lot of little snipes here and there about posters being overly positive or negative. I don't think this is conducive to good hockey talk. It borders on flaming as you're focused on the poster and not the message.

Let's keep it friendly and civil!

Minnesota 04-12-2014 02:25 PM

With playoffs beginning soon, I know we'll have a lot of new users and bandwagon fans browsing the Wild boards.

Please, refresh your memories by re-reading the site rules.

If you see anybody breaking the rules, DON'T RESPOND. Instead, hit the report button.

Thanks!

---

UPDATE:

Visiting fans, keep in mind that this is the Wild board and any inflammatory posts will be considered trolling. Wild fans, do not reply to inflammatory posts; report them.

Thank you.

Lapa 05-13-2014 11:17 PM

Bump.

I know we're all disappointed, but I suggest everyone gives this thread and site rules a read. Please keep it civil.

TMI 09-23-2014 08:02 PM

Pre-Season Rules Refresher

Hey everyone, hockey is essentially back now. I wanted to take this time to add a rules refresher thread for anyone who may be knew to the forum or just hasn't read through them in a while (or ever).

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/fa...aq_forum_rules

While they are all important, one around here that will likely pop up more than any of the others is going to be trolling of team forums. If you see fans of other teams coming through here to troll, I strongly urge you to report the post and ignore the user. Even if you don't add them to your ignore list, please do not reply. We will handle it.

If anyone has any issues or questions, please do not hesitate to send a PM to myself or any of the Wild mods (or any other mod who may be around). If they cannot help you, they will send it to me and I'll do what I can. There is also the support@hfboards.com email address, as well as the support forum.

Thanks everyone. Here's to a fun season! :yo:

Lapa 10-12-2014 01:24 AM

Some of you seem to need a reminder.

Quote:

2) Trolling: Do not make posts or threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; please keep it civil, even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums, please note that they are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against nor demean their team. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it or respectfully disagree and move on. Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive. We do not permit any forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. That is considered trolling. Copying posts from one HFBoard team forum to another for this purpose is considered trolling.
Come on guys.