HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   OHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   *OFFICIAL* Ottawa 67s 2012-2013 Season Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1226935)

Greeningfan14 07-08-2012 12:51 PM

*OFFICIAL* Ottawa 67s 2012-2013 Season Thread

Nobody started one, so here. All 67s discussion should go here.

overtheboards 07-08-2012 06:19 PM

hope lots of people show up @ scoatia bank place for the games , i know its further for the people in the east but think about how nicer that arena is with the new scoreboard and being able to sit 1st level for about $20

Greeningfan14 07-08-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overtheboards (Post 52311277)
hope lots of people show up @ scoatia bank place for the games , i know its further for the people in the east but think about how nicer that arena is with the new scoreboard and being able to sit 1st level for about $20

Yea, I'm getting season seats this year!! Really excited.

ottawah 07-09-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overtheboards (Post 52311277)

It will be interesting to see what happens to attendance. The west end is hockey mad, and the price is right. I suspect there will be a lot more families with younger kids going. If the team does well, that could be a real boon, although I'm wondering if this will be a down year for the 67's.

Hawks19 07-17-2012 09:04 PM

What does everyone think about this year's draft picks?

Who is going to make it and who will be playing down?

Marvelous Manked 07-22-2012 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawks19 (Post 52650459)
What does everyone think about this year's draft picks?

Who is going to make it and who will be playing down?

Salituro, simply put, is an amazing hockey player.

With that being said, we're not going to be as explosive as last year.

Hossa 07-22-2012 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyManked (Post 52809077)
Salituro, simply put, is an amazing hockey player.

With that being said, we're not going to be as explosive as last year.

Mraz could really help though. Definitely should be able to walk right into a top six position.

ExtremeHockeyFan 07-22-2012 02:51 PM

Salituro's a pure sniper. Could be deadly if put together on a line with Monahan this season. Duchesne was another good pick - got him a bit later than some expected. Abou-Assaly will be one to watch; first-round talent right there.

Hawks19 07-22-2012 07:54 PM

Rnd. No. OHL Team Player Name Team Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Birthdate
1 18 Ottawa 67's Dante Salituro Don Mills Flyers RC 5'9 170 11/15/1996
2 17 Ottawa 67's Jonathan Duchesne Vaughan Kings LD 6'0 200 2/12/1996
3 16 Ottawa 67's Andrew Abou-Assaly Ottawa Jr 67's LW 5'10 157 5/18/1996
4 17 Ottawa 67's Nevin Guy Winchester RD 5'10 160 6/11/1995
5 17 Ottawa 67's Trevor Dulong London Knights- Gold LW 5'11 179 6/9/1996
6 17 Ottawa 67's Daniel Potter Toronto Young Nationals G 6'3 172 5/24/1996
7 17 Ottawa 67's Theo Lewis Oakville RW 6'2 180 2/7/1996
8 6 Ottawa 67's Justin Wain York Simcoe Express RC 5'11 157 2/26/1996
8 17 Ottawa 67's Kevin Groulx Ottawa Valley LW 6'1 182 7/4/1996
9 17 Ottawa 67's Zack Pittman Detroit Honeybaked U16's LD 6'2 195 7/17/1995
10 17 Ottawa 67's Maxime St. Pierre Eastern Ontario Wild RW 6'2 190 12/12/1996
11 17 Ottawa 67's Dallas Farr Ottawa Valley RW 6'2 192 7/23/1996
12 1 Ottawa 67's Nicholas Ngwafusi Ottawa Jr 67's RD 5'10 184 6/7/1996
13 17 Ottawa 67's Stephen Jablonski Burlington Eagles LD 6'1 165 6/2/1996
14 17 Ottawa 67's Noah Delmas York Simcoe Express RD 5'9 145 4/29/1996

Hawks19 07-22-2012 07:56 PM

How many of the draft picks have been invited to the main camp and when does it start?

overtheboards 07-22-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawks19 (Post 52827555)
How many of the draft picks have been invited to the main camp and when does it start?

they all have to spend the 1st 48 hours with the team during camp

Marvelous Manked 07-25-2012 11:23 PM

Who do you think is coming back as the OA's?

The 67's roster on their site is garbage, somehow Martindale is still listed there.

Hossa 07-25-2012 11:37 PM

Cardwell and Keegan Wilson are the only certainties for now. Wilson's acquisition would seem to guarantee Shayne Campbell is not back. Same thing for Cajkovsky, considering two imports were selected.

The third spot is up in the air. McFarland, Smith, Prince and Toffoli all have NHL contracts and none can be expected back, but to varying degrees all but Toffoli are possible. McFarland has maybe a slightly better chance than Smith or Prince just because of his injury rehab, but even then that's a slim chance. For Smith to be returned to the 67s, he'd have to really struggle to earn ice time, and for Prince it would be due to the depth of the Senators system.

Marvelous Manked 07-25-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hossa (Post 52972183)
Cardwell and Keegan Wilson are the only certainties for now. Wilson's acquisition would seem to guarantee Shayne Campbell is not back. Same thing for Cajkovsky, considering two OAs were selected.

The third spot is up in the air. McFarland, Smith, Prince and Toffoli all have NHL contracts and none can be expected back, but to varying degrees all but Toffoli are possible. McFarland has maybe a slightly better chance than Smith or Prince just because of his injury rehab, but even then that's a slim chance. For Smith to be returned to the 67s, he'd have to really struggle to earn ice time, and for Prince it would be due to the depth of the Senators system.

Good to see, that's what I was expecting as well.

When I saw Salituro in tournaments he was always center, so where does he go? I think Graovac's actually ready to be a 50-60 pt 2nd line center, which means they could try and make Salituro a winger, but he seems to be in the mold of a small, skilled center.

We'll see.

LeafsFIO 08-18-2012 08:28 PM

Posted this on another forum (won't name) but this is how I see the 67's lining up this season.

Abou-Assaly - Monahan - Zikmund
Giftopoulos - Salituro - Mraz
Janes - Graovac - Gustavsen
Walsh - ? - Van Stralen

Ceci - Cardwell
Vlajkov-Callaghan
Duchesne-Fielding

Wilson
Nishi
Blair

-If Giftopoulos doesn't secure a top-six spot he could be dealt
-Shipley could be trade bait
-Mraz won't start the season but he plays both wings. If need be, AAA could move back to C, Salituro to the right side and Mraz over to the left side
-Guy, Desautels and/or C. Zanetti may challenge for spots on D, likely will be injury fill-ins
-D.Walsh may not make the team if he can't fill a bottom-six role, not much room for him on the top-six unless he dominates in the pre-season

vegas 08-19-2012 11:11 PM

Import players

Can someone fill me in on the import players? What do they seem to bring to this team. I must say the teams looks talented but young and inexperienced for sure....sort of a rebuilding year...perhaps Ceci will be traded after xmas?

LeafsFIO 08-20-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegas (Post 53713965)
Can someone fill me in on the import players? What do they seem to bring to this team. I must say the teams looks talented but young and inexperienced for sure....sort of a rebuilding year...perhaps Ceci will be traded after xmas?

Well none of us have seen them play for any prolonged period of time I don't think. Mraz may be the one exception because he was at the World Juniors last year.

It's simple though, both guys should be top-six guys. Don't really want to see a 5'8 Zikmund on the 3rd or 4th line and they wouldn't have drafted a 19-year old import in Mraz if he wasn't going to play an intergral role on the team.

Definitely a rebuilding year but I don't see them trading Ceci. It isn't like Ottawa to be huge sellers. One of the (very) few straws that the 67's marketing team has to grasp at at this point is that Sens fans can watch their first-round pick in their home building. Take that away and I can see nights where attendance dips below 1,000.

There are a lot of rookies (Guy, Desautels, C. Zanetti, Duchesne) who will be looking to prove themselves and moving Ceci would give them a much better chance to do so, but this team is still a playoff team and it becomes a train wreck if Ceci leaves.

MAYBE Cardwell will be shipped out but I doubt Ottawa goes into full sell mode. I could see Steven Janes traded to make way for Ryan Van Stralen, who actually looks like he cares, on the third line.

defensehockey19 08-20-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafsFIO (Post 53720551)
Well none of us have seen them play for any prolonged period of time I don't think. Mraz may be the one exception because he was at the World Juniors last year.

It's simple though, both guys should be top-six guys. Don't really want to see a 5'8 Zikmund on the 3rd or 4th line and they wouldn't have drafted a 19-year old import in Mraz if he wasn't going to play an intergral role on the team.

Definitely a rebuilding year but I don't see them trading Ceci. It isn't like Ottawa to be huge sellers. One of the (very) few straws that the 67's marketing team has to grasp at at this point is that Sens fans can watch their first-round pick in their home building. Take that away and I can see nights where attendance dips below 1,000.

There are a lot of rookies (Guy, Desautels, C. Zanetti, Duchesne) who will be looking to prove themselves and moving Ceci would give them a much better chance to do so, but this team is still a playoff team and it becomes a train wreck if Ceci leaves.

MAYBE Cardwell will be shipped out but I doubt Ottawa goes into full sell mode. I could see Steven Janes traded to make way for Ryan Van Stralen, who actually looks like he cares, on the third line.

Send Janes or Cardwell the Petes way plz :D

LeafsFIO 08-20-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetesFan94 (Post 53721525)
Send Janes or Cardwell the Petes way plz :D

If I had any control over it, I would say no since you didn't give us Puempel ;)

But seriously sure, Janes, take him. I don't think any Ottawa fans would be too upset losing him for the right price.

Gonna miss Smith vs. Mathers this year, real good rivalry!

defensehockey19 08-20-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafsFIO (Post 53722041)
If I had any control over it, I would say no since you didn't give us Puempel ;)

But seriously sure, Janes, take him. I don't think any Ottawa fans would be too upset losing him for the right price.

Gonna miss Smith vs. Mathers this year, real good rivalry!

Agreed ill miss the tilts, but I won't miss Smith bullying/over powering all of our players, man amongst boys!

As for Puempel I think I would rathered Janes or someone else over Lorentz from kitchener!

LeafsFIO 08-20-2012 02:29 PM

There were a lot of rumours at the time of the Puempel trade that Janes was heading to Windsor to fill the spot that could be vacant with Czinder leaving but I guess the whole losing draft picks thing didn't help that along.

That being said, I dont think Ottawa would've given up additional picks during a rebuild to get a guy like Puempel. They'll just market the hell out of their game vs. Kitchener to Senators fans I guess.

vegas 08-20-2012 07:09 PM

[QUOTE=LeafsFIO;53688073]Posted this on another forum (won't name) but this is how I see the 67's lining up this season.

Walsh - ? - Van Stralen

Ceci - Cardwell
Vlajkov-Callaghan
Duchesne-Fielding

Wilson
Nishi
Blair

I think you are onto something here,

Not sure the imports will work out, I am always nervous when the 67 pick forwards from their import drafts, seems they have always done well with the goalies or defense but rarely have I ever seen an import forward work for the 67s

I think the first line won't have rookies on it as you predicted, maybe this makes more sense
Giftopoulos-Monahan-Gusta_

memcup99 08-21-2012 01:21 PM

[QUOTE=vegas;53734025]
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafsFIO (Post 53688073)
Posted this on another forum (won't name) but this is how I see the 67's lining up this season.

Walsh - ? - Van Stralen

Ceci - Cardwell
Vlajkov-Callaghan
Duchesne-Fielding

Wilson
Nishi
Blair

I think you are onto something here,

Not sure the imports will work out, I am always nervous when the 67 pick forwards from their import drafts, seems they have always done well with the goalies or defense but rarely have I ever seen an import forward work for the 67s

I think the first line won't have rookies on it as you predicted, maybe this makes more sense
Giftopoulos-Monahan-Gusta_

Personally I think the lineup will look more like:

Mraz/Zikmund Monohan Gus
Janes Graovac Mraz/Zikmund
Gifto Assaly Salituro
Walsh ? Van Stralen

Vlajkov Ceci
Cardwell Callaghan
Duschene/Guy Fielding

Odd man out is Shipley.

I think both euros will get a shot at the top 6.
Graovac is the 2nd line center and if he can stay healthy will have a tremendous year. Also may be trade bait if the season goes off the rails.
I think Gifto will bring more offense and will supplant Van Stralen on the 3rd line to play with the two 16 yr olds.
Lots of scoring potential for the forward ranks.
On the blueline I have the two 17 yr olds (Vlajkov and Callaghan) insulated and paired up with the two experienced d-men. I have Duschesne splitting time with Guy paired with Fielding.
In goal it'll be Wilson and Blair. Nishi may be the better goalie but might be better trade bait than back up.
Overall, I think 2nd in the division and 4th in the conference would be realistic asperations for the team as it is now. With Ceci and Monohan getting World Junior consideration it might affect the point total. If history is repeated Byrne will wait ten games then decide on which direction the team should go, load up and make a run or dump some veterans and load up for the return back to the Civic Centere in two years.

Marvelous Manked 08-25-2012 07:51 PM

I'd like to see Abou on the wing. I also think this is the year Graovac breaks out and becomes a 60 point OHLer. I know I'm in the minority, but I've always wanted to see him on the wing. Giftopolous has played center before, not sure if he can still succeed there though. I also thought Walsh was a center in Minor Midget, but again that was a long time ago.

AA - Monahan - Zikmund
Graovac - Salituro - Mraz
Gustavsen - Giftopolous - Janes
Van Stralen - Walsh - ???

Vlajkov - Ceci
Cardwell - Callaghan
Duschesne - Fielding
Shipley

LeafsFIO 08-27-2012 12:10 PM

67's release their training camp roster. Seems awfully thin for a training camp roster (10 forwards and 7 defence) and only 9 forwards if you don't count Fielding.

1 G Jacob Blair
3 D Jonathan Duchesne
4 D Sean Callaghan
5 D Matthieu Desautels
6 D Ryan Shipley
8 LW Ryan Van Stralen
9 C Andrew Abou-Assaly
11 D Mike Vlajkov
13 LW Remy Giftopoulos
17 LW Steven Janes
19 C Tyler Graovac
20 C Sean Monahan
23 LW Daniel Walsh
25 LW Brett Gustavsen
26 C Dante Salituro
27 D Jake Cardwell
30 G Michael Nishi
31 G Keegan Wilson
36 RW/D Taylor Fielding
83 D Cody Ceci

Wouldn't be opposed to seeing a trade for a big, physical right winger or center to fill this lineup out. I don't see them going into the season with only nine full-time forwards.