HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Det/bos & det/nyr (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1227047)

sully61 07-08-2012 05:20 PM

Det/bos & det/nyr
 
To Detroit: Adam Mcquaid

To Boston: Drew Miller & 2013 2nd round pick

Boston allows room for Dougie Hamilton to play and also free up some cap space if they want anymore moves. Detroit does it because they get a stay at home defensemen who has a right handed shot and can help the PK. Obviously I'm probably off a bit on the value, but I'm sure a prospect or another pick could fix that.


To Detroit: Michael Del Zotto (with an extension)

To New York: Johan Franzen

New York does it because they add that forward who is a goal scorer and don't have to give up a ton for Nash. Detroit needs a top pairing guy, now he's not one now, but could potentially turn into one with the Red Wings developing him. I'm sure Detroit has to add again

Wingsfan2965* 07-08-2012 05:22 PM

I can't wait to see what Boston and NYR fans think of this.

Section32 07-08-2012 05:24 PM

From a Rangers standpoint, I would love to have Franzen but I think the Rangers have generally moved on from trading potential for veteran players...unless they are nearing a trade deadline and think they are close to a Cup.

That they did nothing last year is telling that this will only happen if they are clear favorites, which will probably be never...

Jimbo7200 07-08-2012 05:24 PM

I'd do both deals. I doubt either of the other teams would.

These trades leave us with a surplus of defenseman too.

Wingsfan2965* 07-08-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbo7200 (Post 52309459)
I'd do both deals. I doubt either of the other teams would.

These trades leave us with a surplus of defenseman too.

I'd rather have a surplus than be in the situation we're in right now.

sully61 07-08-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbo7200 (Post 52309459)
I'd do both deals. I doubt either of the other teams would.

These trades leave us with a surplus of defenseman too.

No it doesn't. We have 4 signed including Kindl. We can trade Quincey. I know the deals value are off a bit. Also last year it seemed like every NYR fan was ripping on Del Zotto because of his mistakes.

The Zetterberg Era 07-08-2012 05:30 PM

There is some feeling McQuaid would be available if Hamilton makes the team. It will probably need to be a better offer than that and send a left-handed d-man back though. We do have an over abundance of left handed guys and they have too many right handed guys. Seems a fit but it would have to be closer to the season. Maybe with all the cap space we clearly aren't going to use we can take Thomas off Boston's cap or something to help sweeten the deal.

Wingsfan2965* 07-08-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully61 (Post 52309621)
No it doesn't. We have 4 signed including Kindl. We can trade Quincey. I know the deals value are off a bit. Also last year it seemed like every NYR fan was ripping on Del Zotto because of his mistakes.

Kronwall, White, Ericsson, Kindl, and Smith are all under contract. Nobody will pay compensation for Quincey.

TooMuchMan 07-08-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully61 (Post 52309317)
To Detroit: Adam Mcquaid

To Boston: Drew Miller & 2013 2nd round pick

Boston allows room for Dougie Hamilton to play and also free up some cap space if they want anymore moves. Detroit does it because they get a stay at home defensemen who has a right handed shot and can help the PK. Obviously I'm probably off a bit on the value, but I'm sure a prospect or another pick could fix that.

Boston doesn't need to 'allow room' for Dougie. They have five NHL-level defensemen signed (Chara, Boychuk, Seidenberg, Ference and McQuaid), so there's already a spot for Hamilton to step into. If anything, the Bruins need to add a NHL-level defenseman. If the Bruins need to dump cap, it'll be through moving Thomas' contract - or that of someone who makes more than McQuaid's minimal $1.56 hit.

Simultaneously, the compensation is deficient. The Bruins already possess bottom-sixers with better two-way games than Miller and the second-round pick does nothing for a team that will contend for a Cup in '12-'13.

Don't see this deal working if the value was correct, and it certainly isn't there from a Boston perspective now.

pld459666 07-08-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully61 (Post 52309621)
No it doesn't. We have 4 signed including Kindl. We can trade Quincey. I know the deals value are off a bit. Also last year it seemed like every NYR fan was ripping on Del Zotto because of his mistakes.

Just the Playoffs.

He was a stud in the reg. season.

I would move McIlrath and a 1st for Franzen.

JoeIsAStud 07-08-2012 05:52 PM

As a Boston fan, I think the value is there in that trade, but I don't agree with the premise that the bruins need to trade McQuaid or are looking to trade McQuid.

right now the bruins have 5 NHL defensemen
Chara
Seidenberg
Ferrence
Boychuck
McQuaid

and after those 5 they have Hamilton and Torey Krug competing for the 6th, and maybe 7th spot; although they will likely bring in another defenseman 6/7 to compete with the 2 rookies.

So unless the Bruins make a different move to bring in a top 5 defenseman from somewhere else, and I guess there is a chance they make a move for more of a PMD type, then I don't believe the bruins will be in the market to deal a defenseman

8BostonRocker24 07-08-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 52309671)
There is some feeling McQuaid would be available if Hamilton makes the team. It will probably need to be a better offer than that and send a left-handed d-man back though. We do have an over abundance of left handed guys and they have too many right handed guys. Seems a fit but it would have to be closer to the season. Maybe with all the cap space we clearly aren't going to use we can take Thomas off Boston's cap or something to help sweeten the deal.

What are you talking about? Name me the 6 defensemen you expect to suit up for Boston next year? They lost two playoff defensemen already this offseason. If Adam McQuaid is moved Boston will have 4 NHL defensemen; Dennis Seidenberg , Johnny Boychuk, Zdeno Chara, Andrew Ference. Even if Dougie Hamilton makes the roster Boston needs 1 more NHL defenseman.

I have no idea where you get the idea that McQuaid is available if Hamilton makes the roster.

PJ StockBB 07-08-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 52309671)
There is some feeling McQuaid would be available if Hamilton makes the team. It will probably need to be a better offer than that and send a left-handed d-man back though. We do have an over abundance of left handed guys and they have too many right handed guys. Seems a fit but it would have to be closer to the season. Maybe with all the cap space we clearly aren't going to use we can take Thomas off Boston's cap or something to help sweeten the deal.

what?

we have five NHL defensemen, if Hamilton makes it that is six. McQuaid is locked up at a reasonable price and plays his role well. have no idea what you read/why you feel McQuaid could be available.

BergyWho37 07-08-2012 06:20 PM

Value mite be close but absolutely NO need for Miller on the bruins ... I wouldn't say Quaider is not available but he does add depth to our blueline so I doubt we dump him, especially when everyone wants an extra D-men for the playoffs .. plus Quaider is a nice cap hit so he's not hurting us ;)

BostonBob 07-08-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJ StockBB (Post 52311321)

we have five NHL defensemen, if Hamilton makes it that is six. McQuaid is locked up at a reasonable price and plays his role well. have no idea what you read/why you feel McQuaid could be available.

Exactly - letting Corvo go opened up a spot for Hamilton. Besides - we need to keep McQuaid just in case Hamilton isn't quite ready for the NHL since we don't have anybody in the AHL ready yet for a fulltime spot.

Dr Quincy 07-08-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully61 (Post 52309317)
To Detroit: Adam Mcquaid

To Boston: Drew Miller & 2013 2nd round pick

Boston allows room for Dougie Hamilton to play and also free up some cap space if they want anymore moves. Detroit does it because they get a stay at home defensemen who has a right handed shot and can help the PK. Obviously I'm probably off a bit on the value, but I'm sure a prospect or another pick could fix that.


To Detroit: Michael Del Zotto (with an extension)

To New York: Johan Franzen

New York does it because they add that forward who is a goal scorer and don't have to give up a ton for Nash. Detroit needs a top pairing guy, now he's not one now, but could potentially turn into one with the Red Wings developing him. I'm sure Detroit has to add again

Chara-Boychuk
Ference-Seidenberg
McQuaid-xxx

B's already have room for Hamilton. Trading McQuaid makes room for..... oops nobody because the B's don't have another NHL ready dman.

Miller doesn't fill a need. McQuaid, even though I think most Bs fans overrate him, does.

GAGLine 07-08-2012 07:25 PM

The only way the Rangers trade a dman is if another dman is coming back. We don't have enough NHL depth to trade a dman for a forward.

Dr Quincy 07-08-2012 07:27 PM

Before everyone jumps down this guy's throat, there was one Boston poster, can't remember who, who brought up the fact that with Chara, Seidenberg, Ference, McQuaid, Boychuk and Hamilton you have 4 RHD and 2 LHD. The feeling was it might be necessary to trade one of the RHD (and you aren't going to deal Chara or Hamilton) for a LHD.

Thus, McQuaid COULD be sent out IF he is traded for a LHD OR if the B's have another deal where they could add one.

JayQueensNY88* 07-08-2012 07:27 PM

No ******* way!!! Age is the problem n NYR has Center depth

Richter35 07-08-2012 07:30 PM

How was Franzen last year? can he play LW? Rangers could use a big body forward that scores, I don't think this is as horrible some people are making it sound.

Mr Atoz* 07-08-2012 07:35 PM

Franzen is almost 33. Forget it.

BergyWho37 07-08-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Quincy (Post 52313815)
Before everyone jumps down this guy's throat, there was one Boston poster, can't remember who, who brought up the fact that with Chara, Seidenberg, Ference, McQuaid, Boychuk and Hamilton you have 4 RHD and 2 LHD. The feeling was it might be necessary to trade one of the RHD (and you aren't going to deal Chara or Hamilton) for a LHD.

Thus, McQuaid COULD be sent out IF he is traded for a LHD OR if the B's have another deal where they could add one.

Hit the nail on the head dude !;)

Petes2424 07-08-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richter35 (Post 52313943)
How was Franzen last year? can he play LW? Rangers could use a big body forward that scores, I don't think this is as horrible some people are making it sound.

The Rangers are a great fit for a guy like Franzen. His contract kind of scares me but the actual op wasn't far fetched at all. People have always undervalued Franzen on boards like this but the guys about as consistent as they get and has had some big playoff years.

Dellstrom 07-08-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully61 (Post 52309317)

Boston allows room for Dougie Hamilton to play and also free up some cap space if they want anymore moves. Detroit does it because they get a stay at home defensemen who has a right handed shot and can help the PK. Obviously I'm probably off a bit on the value, but I'm sure a prospect or another pick could fix that.

Chara-Boychuk
Seidenberg-Ference
X(McQuaid)-Hamilton
Krug/Cross
Sorry, we do need need Krug and/or Cross on the same line with another rookie, and Dougie does not need room unless a FA is signed. Doesn't make us a better team. Not saying it's a bad trade, but I definitely would respond with a polite no.

sully61 07-08-2012 08:45 PM

For Boston how about a sign and trade with Quincey? He's a left handed defensemen. For New York I guess most of their fans changed their mind on Del Zotto and he's good again?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.