HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Denver Post: Kiszla:Dealing Avs' Matt Duchene a smart idea (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1227369)

Colorado Sports Fan 07-09-2012 10:30 AM

Kiszla:Dealing Avs' Matt Duchene a smart idea

Surprised nobody posted this from yesterdays post.
Quote:

Whenever the Avs lose two in a row, fans automatically take out their frustration on Stastny, whose rock-solid (and often boring) work on the ice never matches the expectations of his $6.6 million salary.

But here's a different take: Duchene is the center who makes the most sense for the Avs to trade.

His flash would be an easy sell for a GM in another market. At 21 years old, his potential stirs the imagination. His new two-year, $7 million contract is easy to digest under the salary cap.

It's as obvious as the grimace on the face of coach Joe Sacco that Duchene is simply not the type of player the Avs thought they were getting with the No. 3 selection in the 2009 draft. I like Duchene. But isn't it apparent Colorado management likes O'Reilly more?
Read the full thing here...

TwoPadStack 07-09-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan (Post 52332281)
Surprised nobody posted this from yesterdays post.

It was posted in a couple of threads and the subsequent Kiszla bashing ensued.

Razor29 07-09-2012 10:37 AM

Trading Duchene would be one of the biggest mistakes Sherman could make.

Colorado Sports Fan 07-09-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoPadStack (Post 52332353)
It was posted in a couple of threads and the subsequent Kiszla bashing ensued.

ahh gotcha. The FA threads usually move pretty fast on the weekend so I must missed it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landeskogien (Post 52332485)
Trading Duchene would be one of the biggest mistakes Sherman could make.

So would trading Stastny or ROR.

the_fan 07-09-2012 10:44 AM

If trading Duchene means landing a d-man like Weber or Yandle etc I'm all for it

tucker3434 07-09-2012 10:44 AM

This is how rumors start. No basis for this at all but Eklund will follow with e3 Avs shopping duchene.

Colorado Sports Fan 07-09-2012 10:48 AM

Even eklund is smart enough to know better than to use Kiszla. It'll be that hockeyinsiderrr guy.

FoppaForsberg* 07-09-2012 11:11 AM

Guy's an idiot. So sad that this is what the Denver Post has for writers for the Avs.

avsman 07-09-2012 11:16 AM

Dont wanna see any of our centers moved, especially duchene

niwotsblessing 07-09-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRM93 (Post 52333515)
Guy's an idiot. So sad that this is what the Denver Post has for writers for the Avs.

Kizla is the all-purpose rabble-rouser for the Post. He writes more stupid stuff about the Broncos than the Avs, this week it will be "trade Peyton Manning for draft picks!" :shakehead

Aerolanche 07-09-2012 11:34 AM

Horrible, horrible idea. Nobody's going to move fair value when Duchene's last season was a 14 goal, 28 point campaign with poor defensive play. If they were going to trade Duchene, they'd better do it when selling high. It is one thing to sell low on a guy like Galiardi (though selling high with Winnik created a very nice return), but you don't do it with potential franchise centermen. Outside of Milbury, nobody trades for potential, unless it is potential for potential. You simply don't move a guy that wants desperately to be here with that type of skill. He'll pull it together. Even if he tops out as a 25G+40A guy, his compete level alone makes him extremely valuable. Terrible.

Ceremony 07-09-2012 11:34 AM

As I said in the other thread, I see no reason why having three good centres should be a bad thing. I also fail to see why trading the (arguably) most talented one would be a good thing.

Avs For Life 07-09-2012 11:40 AM

Kizla is one of those media guys that puts things out there to get a reaction. I cant stand that type of journalism. I hope Matty doesnt get traded as I am a huge fan and think he makes this team better. YES he has some maturing to do, but thats OK...hes 21.

Bender 07-09-2012 11:41 AM

Don't give this retard any press. He's the biggest joke of a writer in the history of time.

Yeah, let's trade Duchene so that Stastny can leave as a UFA in 2 years (not for sure but you never know) and then we'll be the new Leafs or Flames trying to win with great WINGER depth. :rolleyes:

Quite certain that it doesn't matter what Joe Sacco thinks of Matt Duchene, Dutchy will be here a hell of a lot longer than him!

The Kingslayer 07-09-2012 11:47 AM

I hope Sherman read this in the paper. Ripped the article and used it after he had his afternoon burrito. Trading Duchene for anyting less then an Oliver Ekman-Larsson kinda D-man would be monumentaly catastrophic.

Bordeleau Of Blood 07-09-2012 11:49 AM

I haven't read a Kiszla article in many, many years. This is why.

The Kingslayer 07-09-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avs For Life (Post 52334601)
Kizla is one of those media guys that puts things out there to get a reaction. I cant stand that type of journalism. I hope Matty doesnt get traded as I am a huge fan and think he makes this team better. YES he has some maturing to do, but thats OK...hes 21.

This is what Matt needs to do in the next 2 yrs.

1. Go see Gary Roberts
2. Destroy all Peter Forsberg highlight reels on his iPod
3. Grow a mullet
4. Score 30-35 goals
5. Stay healthy

Bubba Thudd 07-09-2012 11:51 AM

Thudd: Dealing DPs' Mark Kiszla a smart idea

www.whatadumbass.com

Avs For Life 07-09-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Kingslayer (Post 52334891)
This is what Matt needs to do in the next 2 yrs.

1. Go see Gary Roberts
2. Destroy all Peter Forsberg highlight reels on his iPod
3. Grow a mullet
4. Score 30-35 goals
5. Stay healthy

How about instead of destroying Peter Forsbergs highlight reels, he just stops trying to be them. LOL. Other than that, I agree.

Forsbergs highlights should NEVER be destroyed. :shakehead

Foppa 07-09-2012 12:10 PM

There are only a handful of defensemen you could consider trading Duchene in a package for at this point imo...and only Weber (depending on what you believe regarding his situation in Nashville) is even remotely available of this group:

Weber, Pietrangelo, Doughty, Letang, Ekman-Larsson

That's it.

AvalancheFan19 07-09-2012 12:18 PM

Why would we trade Duchene at 21? At least when we're offering Stas we've seen him at his best (arguably) and know what we're giving up (do not want to trade Stas just trying to make a point). With Duchene, who knows what his limit is. Buddy can have anywhere betwen 70-100 points consistently if he reaches his potential. His skill set is incredible, and in terms of speed and hands he's almost unmatched. Once he figures it out, he'll be a dominant force in the league. Don't get me wrong, Duchene was pretty brutal last year but we watched the games, we know it was mostly due to injuries. He had some fabulous plays and he was starting to heat up quick and then boom, injury. He looked fine to me last year (before the injury), and will look even better this year.

MacWinnon 07-09-2012 12:19 PM

We need Duchene to grow into this teams identity. Right now, casual fans can only name Stastny, Duchene and MAYBE Landeskog. If Sherman wants this team to grow, trading Duchene would be the worst thing to do.

Freudian 07-09-2012 12:20 PM

While Duchene should have a high trade value, I don't think it is as high as it would have to be for it to make sense to trade him now.

I don't think we're getting a can't miss future #1 defender for him.

Landeslog 07-09-2012 12:30 PM

I spent too much money on Duchene stuff for him to be traded.

GamingGiant 07-09-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

His flash would be an easy sell for a GM in another market. At 21 years old, his potential stirs the imagination. His new two-year, $7 million contract is easy to digest under the salary cap.
And the Avalanche don't want a player like this because...