HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Carolina - Boston - Anaheim (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1227457)

jeromeo87 07-09-2012 12:54 PM

Carolina - Boston - Anaheim

What do you guys think about this proposal (I may have put it in the Bobby Ryan thread, but I'm interested in other aspects of the trade, as well):

To :ducks2
Krejci, Tlusty

To :bruins
Pitkanen, Ryan

To :canes
Horton, McQuaid

Both Pitkanen and Horton suffered from concussions last year, but Canes get top 6 help and a semi-replacement for Allen. Bruins get that top pairing, puck-moving dman and Bobby Ryan. Anaheim gets their center and a winger.

Izzy 07-09-2012 12:57 PM

I'm not fully aware of the Boston situation, but are they planning on getting rid of Krejci.

Or even Horton, Krejci and Mcquaid for Ryan and Pitkanen

jeromeo87 07-09-2012 12:57 PM

Edited title to include Anaheim

jeromeo87 07-09-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fst6 (Post 52337687)
I'm not fully aware of the Boston situation, but are they planning on getting rid of Krejci.

Or even Horton, Krejci and Mcquaid for Ryan and Pitkanen

Well, I know they are trying to get a top paring puck-moving dman; and I've read a lot about them maybe being interested in Ryan.

Izzy 07-09-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeromeo87 (Post 52337769)
Well, I know they are trying to get a top paring puck-moving dman; and I've read a lot about them maybe being interested in Ryan.

True enough, but I mean Krejci and Horton off offense for Bobby Ryan. Seems like alot of offense to give up

jeromeo87 07-09-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fst6 (Post 52337919)
True enough, but I mean Krejci and Horton off offense for Bobby Ryan. Seems like alot of offense to give up

Well, I think in order to get a top pairing offensive dman, Horton might be the most expendable/alluring piece they have. And I don't see how they can get Ryan without giving up one of Krejci, Bergeron or Seguin.

8spokesontheB 07-09-2012 01:18 PM

Krejci for Ryan is good; Krejci, Mcquaid, and Horton for Ryan and Pitkanen is not good.

jeromeo87 07-09-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8spokesontheB (Post 52338807)
Krejci for Ryan is good; Krejci, Mcquaid, and Horton for Ryan and Pitkanen is not good.

hm.. not sure if Krejci alone gets Ryan..

WreckItRask 07-09-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8spokesontheB (Post 52338807)

This. I think Ryan is slightly more valuable than Krejci because he scores goals, but they're not that far off in value. All this talk about the Bruins trading Seguin or Bergeron for Ryan are comical.

Homegrown Kings 07-09-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeromeo87 (Post 52339059)

As valuable as Krejci is to the Bruins, I'm with you, don't see that trade getting done without Boston adding.

BergyWho37 07-09-2012 01:36 PM

To :ducks2
Krejci

To :bruins
Pitkanen, Ryan

To :canes
Horton

Both Pitkanen and Horton suffered from concussions last year

This is close IMO maybe throw in picks ;)

jeromeo87 07-09-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Sanguine (Post 52339621)
This. I think Ryan is slightly more valuable than Krejci because he scores goals, but they're not that far off in value. All this talk about the Bruins trading Seguin or Bergeron for Ryan are comical.

I'm with you, which is why I think Krejci is the perfect candidate for getting Ryan. But Boston is going to have to add. I see Anaheim getting a better deal than Krejci for Ryan straight up. I think there is a team willing to trade a 2nd-ish line center, a pretty good winger, plus for Ryan. In the same light, I think Krejci and Horton is too much for Ryan. The value of Krejci and Tlusty for Ryan is pretty spot on, IMO.

Gliff 07-09-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeromeo87 (Post 52339059)

He doesnt.

Lord Flashheart 07-09-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeromeo87 (Post 52340055)
I'm with you, which is why I think Krejci is the perfect candidate for getting Ryan. But Boston is going to have to add. I see Anaheim getting a better deal than Krejci for Ryan straight up. I think there is a team willing to trade a 2nd-ish line center, a pretty good winger, plus for Ryan. In the same light, I think Krejci and Horton is too much for Ryan. The value of Krejci and Tlusty for Ryan is pretty spot on, IMO.

Does not compute.

jeromeo87 07-09-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan (Post 52340399)
Does not compute.

Did not watch much of him last year, huh?

tarheelhockey 07-09-2012 01:48 PM

The only team that gets better in this trade is Anaheim.

Boston's strength the past few years has been down the middle. While they lack a strong PMD, their current options are not horrible. Reducing their strength at center is not worth the upgrade that Pitkanen gives them on the blue line, and the swap of Horton for Ryan isn't going to make enough of a bottom-line difference to justify these changes.

Carolina loses their only top-pairing defenseman, which is not a good place to start. Whatever benefit Horton might bring is more than offset by having Joe Corvo on the ice for 22 minutes a night. I think Bruins fans would agree with that analysis.

bostone737 07-09-2012 01:50 PM

no way boston gives up Krejci, Horton and McQuaid for Pitkanen and Ryan

they seem to be chipping in a little too much for this trade, especially when all boston needs to add is a winger... not while losing one

Oates2Neely 07-09-2012 01:51 PM

Tlustly sucks. Why is he in this trade? Ohh, OP a Canes fan!

Lord Flashheart 07-09-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeromeo87 (Post 52340457)
Did not watch much of him last year, huh?

We must have different definitions of "pretty good" term. It's the only logical explanation.

jeromeo87 07-09-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarheelhockey (Post 52340551)
Carolina loses their only top-pairing defenseman

Someone we hardly had last year, and even when he returned our blueline didn't get much better... at all.

Boom Boom Anton 07-09-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oates2Neely (Post 52340669)
Tlustly sucks. Why is he in this trade? Ohh, OP a Canes fan!

We aren't so sure about that. He's never posted on the Canes board and all we've ever seen of him is throwing out trade proposals (usually bad ones) involving Canes players on this board.

Jray42 07-09-2012 01:58 PM

I think Carolina is the sole winner of that deal. Tlusty is garbage.

jeromeo87 07-09-2012 01:59 PM

I guess unless you watched every Hurricanes game last year you wouldn't know about Tlusty's emergence. It was kind of his breakout year - his numbers don't show much, but he only started playing with E.Staal around the halfway mark of the season.

Jets 07-09-2012 02:01 PM

looks like the ducks get took here. I'd think they could get a much better return on Ryan than Krejci and Tlusty. Look for something similar to the J.Staal return IMHO.

PJ StockBB 07-09-2012 02:03 PM

no thanks. maybe the value isn't far off but i really don't think this makes the Bruins better. Bruins have a good offense but it is built on depth. so trading two top 6 forwards for one doesn't make us better, even if Ryan is the best offensive player in the deal. and i still think Ryan is one of the most overrated players on these boards.

and obviously Pitkanen is better then McQuaid, but i like our defense as is and i like McQuaid and i think they will wait and see how Hamilton does before looking to make any changes back there.