HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Rumor: Sharks courting Doan (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1227643)

LadyStanley 07-09-2012 05:03 PM

Sharks courting Doan

David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks
‪#Sjsharks‬ on list of teams courting Doan. "Yes there is strong mutual interest. Have been in contact with Mr. Wilson" -- agent Terry Bross.

LadyStanley 07-09-2012 05:05 PM

Today (7/9) is the deadline for two citizens (backed by GWI) to submit petition to put referendum on November ballot for proposed lease with Jamison (et al) for Jobing.Com arena (part of what he needs to purchase Coyotes).

So, enough signatures to get this rolling may be a death knell for Jamison's group to buy/keep team in Arizona.

Doan indicated he wanted to see how things go before he made decision to re-sign with Coyotes, or seek employment elsewhere.

(I can't think but that the Robinson signing does nothing but improve Sharks chances of him signing.)

sharkbite3 07-09-2012 05:09 PM

:handclap: Make it happen, Doug.

HOOCH2173 07-09-2012 05:11 PM

Do it doug!!!!!

KirbyDots 07-09-2012 05:12 PM

John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo620
Coyotes Captain Shane Doan expecting to listen to offers tomorrow -- San Jose, New York Rangers, Boston & Pittsburgh are at top of list.

Iron Chef 07-09-2012 05:12 PM

(and at a decent price that doesnt force a cap dump trade)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirbyDots (Post 52349765)
Coyotes Captain Shane Doan expecting to listen to offers tomorrow -- San Jose, New York Rangers, Boston & Pittsburgh are at top of list.

If we're the only west coast team, I don't know how he doesn't come to us if he indeed wants to be as close to his family as possible, or move them to a family friendly area.

Doan prefers to stay in Phoenix but needs assurances from NHL on Coyotes fate -- Looking for 4/5 year deal at around $6 mill per

Uhhhh, no thank you. $6 million? Doan't do it!

Vertzedyek 07-09-2012 05:15 PM

That'd be great but only if it's a reasonable contract. :handclap:

EDIT: 4/5 years, 6m per year!? Uhh.. No. :shakehead

Hatrick Marleau 07-09-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladystanley (Post 52349439)
david pollak ‏@pollakonsharks
‪#sjsharks‬ on list of teams courting doan. "yes there is strong mutual interest. Have been in contact with mr. Wilson" -- agent terry bross.

yes please!!

KpopandHockey 07-09-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef (Post 52349775)
Doan prefers to stay in Phoenix but needs assurances from NHL on Coyotes fate -- Looking for 4/5 year deal at around $6 mill per

There's no way this is his real asking price....

Sharkway Drive 07-09-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

If we're the only west coast team, I don't know how he doesn't come to us if he indeed wants to be as close to his family as possible, or move them to a family friendly area.

LOL WAT. 6 Mil is ridiculous. 4-4.5 I will be fine with. Make it happen DW.

Fistfullofbeer 07-09-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

6M per for him is ridiculous. I would rather sign Semin for that exact deal. 6M per for 4/5 years.

Hatrick Marleau 07-09-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer (Post 52350021)
6M per for him is ridiculous. I would rather sign Semin for that exact deal. 6M per for 4/5 years.

Yeah I agree.

skilks 07-09-2012 05:20 PM

As much as I would love to see Doan in teal, I can't see him signing in the Pacific. His loyalty to Phoenix is so deep that I can't see him wanting to be playing for a club that competes against them in the same division. Multiple year deal will cause him to move his family likely anyway.

That being said, it's either a Pacific team or Eastern Conference (anyone else think it would be awesome to see him play for the Jets?).

Gilligans Island 07-09-2012 05:21 PM

Great to hear there's mutual interest.

4 yrs, $4.5m AAV. Fine with that. Even up to $5m, I suppose. He could teach the Sharks a thing or two about leadership and compete level.

Hatrick Marleau 07-09-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skilk (Post 52350105)
As much as I would love to see Doan in teal, I can't see him signing in the Pacific. His loyalty to Phoenix is so deep that I can't see him wanting to be playing for a club that competes against them in the same division. Multiple year deal will cause him to move his family likely anyway.

That being said, it's either a Pacific team or Eastern Conference (anyone else think it would be awesome to see him play for the Jets?).

I think it would be awesome to see him play for the Sharks.

Gilligans Island 07-09-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

I bet DW structures a deal such that IF the Coyotes stay in Phoenix, then Doan gets traded back for nominal value. There'd be no sense to keep him if Phoenix stays.

That would win some brownie points with other vets around the league.

CupfortheSharks 07-09-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

It sounds like his family will be staying in Phoenix. Just like Stuarts family stayed here when he was in Detroit. That certainly gives some leverage to us left coast teams.

Inub0i 07-09-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

LOL. $6M x 5?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ww_hell_no.jpg

Le Rosbeef 07-09-2012 05:25 PM

And to think I got ridiculed for mentioning those numbers yesterday... :)

He's a UFA. He's highly coveted. What is there to think he'd go ANYWHERE for a reasonable term of amount. It's free agency, not trade.

That said, I would absolutely pay this guy to get him on board. Consider it the price to pay for a big step forward.

I am LOVING the word 'mutual' in this quote too...

do0glas 07-09-2012 05:26 PM

6 mill is definitely an overpayment, but it makes our team better for sure. wed have to cap dump someone to make it work though.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Patrick Marleau ($6.900m) / Joe Thornton ($7.000m) / Joe Pavelski ($4.000m)
Ryane Clowe ($3.625m) / Logan Couture ($2.875m) / Martin Havlat ($5.000m)
Tommy Wingels ($0.775m) / Michal Handzus ($2.500m) / Shane Doan ($6.000m)
T.J. Galiardi ($0.950m) / Andrew Desjardins ($0.640m) / Adam Burish ($1.850m)
DEFENSEMEN
Marc-Edouard Vlasic ($3.100m) / Brent Burns ($5.760m)
Brad Stuart ($3.600m) / Dan Boyle ($6.667m)
Justin Braun ($1.250m) / Jason Demers ($1.250m)
Douglas Murray ($2.500m) /
GOALTENDERS
Antti Niemi ($3.800m)
Thomas Greiss ($0.588m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $70,629,167; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (21-man roster):- $429,167

SactoShork 07-09-2012 05:27 PM

12-13: $12 million
13-14: $1.25 million
14-15: $1 million
15-16: $750k

Take that Parise.

KirbyDots 07-09-2012 05:28 PM

I don't see Doan getting 6m, could see DW giving him term though that in my opinion would be worth the risk. Right now we have $5,570,833 in capspace with two forwards to sign. Assuming one is Sheppard at $761,250(QO), who would most likely be a 13th forward we would have $4,809,583 left to play with. I could see Doan coming in at 4-4.5m for 3-4 years. Sharks make a ton of sense if the situation in Phoenix looks uncertain, contender, close to home, and he fills a pressing need extremely well.

Hatrick Marleau 07-09-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Rosbeef (Post 52350363)
And to think I got ridiculed for mentioning those numbers yesterday... :)

He's a UFA. He's highly coveted. What is there to think he'd go ANYWHERE for a reasonable term of amount. It's free agency, not trade.

That said, I would absolutely pay this guy to get him on board. Consider it the price to pay for a big step forward.

I am LOVING the word 'mutual' in this quote too...

Yes! Strong Mutual interest is what I like to here.

Iron Chef 07-09-2012 05:28 PM

Doan's kids seem young enough where they haven't grown their roots into Phoenix just yet. But that may also make it a concern for cold weather areas like NY, Pitt, Bos, and Winn. Always tough to gauge what parents think is best for their kids.

One thing to consider is that while we do have a good amount of NHL cap space for him, I was under the impression that we are under an internal cap. So a Doan signing might make a cap dump trade necessary. Effin Zeus.

OffSydes 07-09-2012 05:29 PM

$6 milion per.. so lets sign him to a 10 year deal and get the cap hit down :)