HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Oscar Moller (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1227795)

Richard Murray 07-09-2012 09:46 PM

Oscar Moller

Do you guys have any updates on Oscar Moller coming back across the pond next season or in the future?

KopitarFAN 07-09-2012 10:28 PM

Doesn't look likely at this point.

KingPuckChoo 07-09-2012 10:40 PM

and that's the end of this thread :)

jonrazor12 07-09-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEstars31 (Post 52362185)
Do you guys have any updates on Oscar Moller coming back across the pond next season or in the future?

He will eventually get another shot at the NHL but it will most likely be for another organization.

BigBrown 07-10-2012 05:50 AM

He committed to two years in Sweden so this upcoming season will be his second. We'll see where he takes it from there but I doubt he has a legit NHL future.

Pucknut50 07-10-2012 10:38 AM

I liked Oscar. He was playing well for the Kings then he went to Worlds got hurt and never could get going again.

Gentle Ben Kenobi 07-10-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pucknut50 (Post 52377385)
I liked Oscar. He was playing well for the Kings then he went to Worlds got hurt and never could get going again.

The team got better and Oscar didn't. Oscar was a good enough player when this team was rebuilding. You aren't being realistic because he is adorable and because he looked good compared to guys like O'Sullivan and we were all hoping he and Simmonds would blossom. Simmonds blossomed and Oscar is still adorbale, but not nearly big or fierce enough.
He plays like a Smart Car but he needs to play like a Brinks Truck.

Rorschach 07-10-2012 02:38 PM

He's a Lombardi player but not a Sutter player. If we can get a pick for him it would be good.

Jwm1986 07-10-2012 04:14 PM

I doubt we will ever see him again....Now Holloway on the other hand, i would be very upset if the Kings just lost him....He has become a very intriguing player and i honestly believe he has 30 goal potential....

KINGS17 07-10-2012 04:49 PM

Size is Moller's enemy on a Sutter-coached team, especially as a winger.

The only guy that is undersized that has a shot remaining IMO is Loktionov and I say that because his play in the pivot as a playmaker could get him there, but it's probably a longshot as well.

bral 07-10-2012 04:56 PM

The Kings developed Oscar wrong. Oscar did the dirty work enough and he had the skill and touch IMO...it's when the Kings asked him to bulk up that I think it hurt him as a player, that's just not him and he lost some touch. But his first year before he was hurt he was a gamer, I even remember Don Cherry using him as an example after one time where Oscar to a hit at the oppenants blueline just to move the puck foward.

Johnny Utah 07-10-2012 05:21 PM

Kings should have dealt him when his value was high. Burke liked him.

Reaper45 07-10-2012 06:32 PM

I haven't given up hope on him but times a wasting.

tigermask48 07-10-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bral (Post 52395119)
The Kings developed Oscar wrong. Oscar did the dirty work enough and he had the skill and touch IMO...it's when the Kings asked him to bulk up that I think it hurt him as a player, that's just not him and he lost some touch. But his first year before he was hurt he was a gamer, I even remember Don Cherry using him as an example after one time where Oscar to a hit at the oppenants blueline just to move the puck foward.

Uh, this is pretty much exactly why the Kings asked him to bulk up and get stronger on his skates. Kid was gonna die out there the way he played with how tiny he was. He would run around and just get drilled almost every shift. Putting on some muscle is only going to help him be stronger and able to withstand the hits that were laying him out.

Ziggy Stardust 07-10-2012 07:52 PM

Poor Oscar.

Ziggy Stardust 07-10-2012 07:54 PM

Belanger25 07-10-2012 08:11 PM

Loktionov and Moller were two players that got mind ****ed by Terry Murray. He sure didn't help either of them.

tigermask48 07-10-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 52402113)

Man, I hate the Leafs announce team... Seriously what highlight re they watching? Finger clearly drops his gloves before Army does. Meaning Finger is initiating the fight and they complain about about the lack of an instigator penalty when clearly one shouldn't be called. Also they both just complain about how Finger takes a penalty and sits out when all he had to do was shove Army and not fight him and there's no call... Ugh Hayward thinks those guys are homers...

damacles1156 07-10-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belanger25 (Post 52402873)
Loktionov and Moller were two players that got mind ****ed by Terry Murray. He sure didn't help either of them.

Terry Murray had nothing to do with Oscar being weak on pucks. You cannot play in the NHL if you are going to turn the puck over , every time it comes to you.

Loki needs more time in the minors, Sutter did not even use Loki.

kingsboy11 07-10-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 52402113)

wow that announcer sucks. Going to Moller, I donth think he's going to play with this team.

Belanger25 07-10-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damacles1156 (Post 52406983)
Terry Murray had nothing to do with Oscar being weak on pucks. You cannot play in the NHL if you are going to turn the puck over , every time it comes to you.

Loki needs more time in the minors, Sutter did not even use Loki.

Oscar was never given the chance he deserved and or put in the position succeed under Murray. Will always be the case.

damacles1156 07-10-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belanger25 (Post 52407441)
Oscar was never given the chance he deserved and or put in the position succeed under Murray. Will always be the case.

How do you figure ? Oscar should have never been brought up in the first place.

Even Hextall said they screwed up his development by giving him time in the NHL. That is a big reason why Oscar was allowed (with the Kings blessing) to go back to Euro.

I know it's trendy to crap on Murray, but Moller didn't belong in the NHL, he still doesn't. You might thank Murray Moller even got a cup of coffee at all.

Oscar played 87 NHL games. He received top six minutes plenty of times. He was underwhelming in most of those.

Weak on the boards, weak on his stick, You can't play wing like that in any NHL system. No to mention he was below average in his own end.

Jebus 07-11-2012 12:59 AM

Oscar should have been left in the NHL to take his lumps and learn to fight through it, just the way Lubo did. He was a victim of old-school mentality. He made things happen and probably would have the second best shot, outside of Carter.

Moses Doughty 07-11-2012 01:13 AM

He'd be a great player in Los Angeles if he ever develop his toughness. Can't do much when you easily get knocked off the puck and can't win a board battle.

markisonfire 07-11-2012 02:56 AM

Don't count him out. He is only 23 years old. I really hope the Kings get to a point (and I think we are just about there) where players mature for a very long time before making the NHL. Look at Detroit in this regard; If Moller can make a splash in two years as he matures and grows into a man, that is great. No one is questioning his heart, talent, or drive. He is just pushed off the puck too easily. Otherwise, he has the skills to make the NHL.