HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Clarke Macarthur (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1227865)

Tyler Biggs 07-10-2012 12:47 AM

Clarke Macarthur

I love Mac, but what's his value, what could the Leafs get in return for him?

Leafs need toughness, could Mac land someone who could provide toughness to the team?

medhatcanuck 07-10-2012 12:52 AM

If you added a pick of any kind, we'd trade you the future obligation to trade back for MacArthur.

Voodoo Child 07-10-2012 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medhatcanuck (Post 52368587)
If you added a pick of any kind, we'd trade you the future obligation to trade back for MacArthur.

A 2nd and an okay prospect.

Leaf Rocket 07-10-2012 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoo Child (Post 52370555)
A 2nd and an okay prospect.

doubt it.

I'd assume a player who is looking for a change of scene, a project prospect (secound rounder, unlikely but possibly a late first rounder?).

Or a player who brings other type of game, than just a playmaking winger with character.

nyke27 07-10-2012 03:42 AM

Islanders are in need of a LW and I believe they need to spend.

LW Clarke MacArthur $3.250 UFA after 2012-2013 season

C David Ullstrom $891 666 6'3 198 RFA after 2012-2013 season
LW Matt Martin ($852500) 6'3 209 RFA now

Do the leafs need to add? Not enough?
I think Martin would sign close to the same amount considering he is from Windsor

Four1 Lead 07-10-2012 03:51 AM

Clarke MacArthur for Joshua Bailey.

Leaf Rocket 07-10-2012 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyke27 (Post 52370667)

I think Martin would sign close to the same amount considering he is from Windsor

How high is brock nelson ranked in your team? I am interested in him quite a bit.

nyke27 07-10-2012 03:56 AM

Haha I have no clue, I am a Leaf fan but my picture won't come up for some reason.

nyke27 07-10-2012 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mika Zibanejad (Post 52370719)

I would take that very quick :yo:

Four1 Lead 07-10-2012 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket (Post 52370737)
How high is brock nelson ranked in your team? I am interested in him quite a bit.

He's very valuable to them.

Probably similar value to Jake Gardiner.

Voodoo Child 07-10-2012 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket (Post 52370659)
doubt it.

I'd assume a player who is looking for a change of scene, a project prospect (secound rounder, unlikely but possibly a late first rounder?).

Or a player who brings other type of game, than just a playmaking winger with character.

I don't see why from a playoff team looking for a little bit of secondary scoring that Mac doesn't fetch a second (45-60) and a 6.5B-7C type prospect.

He has back-to-back 20-goal seasons, he s ideally a 3rd-liner who can slot in the top-6 in the event of injury and he has one year left on a pretty friendly and manageable deal.

Ideally though, I'd throw him into a package for a better player.

Man Bear Pig 07-10-2012 04:33 AM

I like Bailey for Mac...not sure if the Islanders would.

Leaf Rocket 07-10-2012 04:34 AM

Quote:

Would like this actually.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mika Zibanejad (Post 52370761)
He's very valuable to them.

Probably similar value to Jake Gardiner.

Really? I thought strome would be on a higher list but surprised at this.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoo Child (Post 52370785)
I don't see why from a playoff team looking for a little bit of secondary scoring that Mac doesn't fetch a second (45-60) and a 6.5B-7C type prospect.

He has back-to-back 20-goal seasons, he s ideally a 3rd-liner who can slot in the top-6 in the event of injury and he has one year left on a pretty friendly and manageable deal.

Ideally though, I'd throw him into a package for a better player.

I just don't think he is the type of player teams would pay two pieces for. As in a pick and prospect. I like Macarthur but just don't see it really.

Yes I would want that as well, package him to get a good piece in return.

TOGuy14 07-10-2012 07:54 AM

With Lupul and JVR likely taking the top two LW spots, the Leafs need to trade MacA (a 2nd / 3rd line tweener) for someone who is more of a dedicated third line guy, rock solid defensively.

BonMorrison 07-10-2012 07:59 AM

MacArthur's value is pretty underrated around here. Leafs fans underrated him especially. Also, most people who don't watch Leaf games don't think much of him, even moreso when looking at his stats.

Fact of the matter is, he's had back-to-back 20 goal years - he is one year removed from a 62 point season and he would've hit similar numbers (at least 50 points) if a certain linemate of his scored more than 7 goals this year (looking at you, Kulie).

MacArthur has a wickedly accurate slap shot, he's fast, and he plays with some sandpaper. He's not a fighter but he will fight if he has to, he finishes his checks, and he can score. MacArthur's biggest problem is that he needs top six minutes to be most effective and I feel most teams wouldn't give him that.

Bruins71* 07-10-2012 08:00 AM

Maybe something like MacArthur + 2nd to NJ for Clarkson since he's a UFA next year?

Clarkson isn't big or anything but he plays pretty tough and can score goals.

Haatley 07-10-2012 08:02 AM

macarthur doesn;t hold much value really.
maybe a 3rd

QMJHLfollower 07-10-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyke27 (Post 52370667)

I'd take that and run. Doubt the Islanders do this though.

Quote:

I'd do this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruins71 (Post 52372761)
Maybe something like MacArthur + 2nd to NJ for Clarkson since he's a UFA next year?

Clarkson isn't big or anything but he plays pretty tough and can score goals.

I'd do this for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haatley (Post 52372781)
macarthur doesn;t hold much value really.
maybe a 3rd

:laugh:

Pheasant the peasant 07-10-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonMorrison (Post 52372731)
MacArthur's value is pretty underrated around here. Leafs fans underrated him especially. Also, most people who don't watch Leaf games don't think much of him, even moreso when looking at his stats.

Fact of the matter is, he's had back-to-back 20 goal years - he is one year removed from a 62 point season and he would've hit similar numbers (at least 50 points) if a certain linemate of his scored more than 7 goals this year (looking at you, Kulie).

MacArthur has a wickedly accurate slap shot, he's fast, and he plays with some sandpaper. He's not a fighter but he will fight if he has to, he finishes his checks, and he can score. MacArthur's biggest problem is that he needs top six minutes to be most effective and I feel most teams wouldn't give him that.

Good post.

Why do so many Leafs fans want to trade MacArthur?

Because he clicks with our best/highest paid/most productive center in Grabovski. He was one of our most consistant forwards the last two years. He gets paid a reasonable amount, especially when compared to what some UFA's just got (Parenteau).

We don't need the cap space. We don't desperately need the roster spot. And we expect to be in competition for a playoff spot, not selling off players for futures before the season even starts.

I can guarantee that there aren't many teams that want MacArthur on their team as much as the Leafs do. So why would anyone pony up a price worth selling him for?

The only way I see him getting dealt is part of a package to get help at center (highly unlikely if I'm honest), or mid season if Kadri is substantially out playing him.

CellarDweller0 07-10-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonMorrison (Post 52372731)

I think you've covered my thoughts on Mac quite accurately and completely.

mokspeed 07-10-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pheasant the peasant (Post 52373567)
Good post.

Because we have WAY too many forwards...

Lupul - Bozak/JVR/??? - Kessel
JVR/Kuli - Grabo - Mac/Kadri
Frattin - McClement - Connolly
Orr/Komorov - Steckel - Brown
Lombardi

So do the Leafs take a risky chance on Lombardi or Connolly bouncing back and sell Mac instead? I think the main reason he is in so many proposals is because he holds more value than Connolly and Lombardi. IMO Kadri is ready to take his spot on the 2nd line (cuz Kadri can't play on Carlyle's 3rd line...).

I'm expecting/hoping/praying a big boom from Burke to get us a #1C, we'll see what happens!

QMJHLfollower 07-10-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pheasant the peasant (Post 52373567)
Good post.

Because he clicks with our best/highest paid/most productive center in Grabovski. He was one of our most consistant forwards the last two years. He gets paid a reasonable amount, especially when compared to what some UFA's just got (Parenteau).

We don't need the cap space. We don't desperately need the roster spot. And we expect to be in competition for a playoff spot, not selling off players for futures before the season even starts.

I can guarantee that there aren't many teams that want MacArthur on their team as much as the Leafs do. So why would anyone pony up a price worth selling him for?

The only way I see him getting dealt is part of a package to get help at center (highly unlikely if I'm honest), or mid season if Kadri is substantially out playing him.

Because we have too many forward, and especially we need to be A LOT more physical.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 07-10-2012 09:18 AM

Didn't Brian Burke turn down a late 1st rounder at the trade deadline? Has his stick fallen that much ??

caribouPINE 07-10-2012 09:20 AM

Currently as a Leaf? Not much.... maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder if a team is ravaged with injuries.

Next season as a Flyer/Shark/Blackhawk/RedWing/etc? Probably a late 1st or 2nd plus a B+ prospect.

Thats how the HF turkeys think.

seafoam 07-10-2012 09:33 AM

I see no Isles fans have jumped in yet. Sorry guys, all of those proposals don't work from a NYI standpoint. Also we really don't need a LW. We need another center and one who comes for cheap on a small contract. No interest in Tim Connolly and Matt Lombardi may just end up on waivers this season.

Also to the poster above, Brock Nelson has tons of value to the fans and the organization. He's a BIG powerfoward who has played both center and wing. He would only be included in deals for players such as Bobby Ryan. I'd say Strome has the most value (for foward prospects) as we hope he can fill that 2C position or be an Eberle-lite winger for JT. Also Nino has alot of vaule despite his poor rookie season that he was clearly not ready for. Then comes Nelson who IMO is pretty neck and neck with Nino. Those are our top three.