HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Dallas Stars (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Rumor: Brenden Morrow Available for Trade/NYR, SJ, LA, and STL Interested (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1227977)

BigG44 07-10-2012 10:07 AM

Brenden Morrow Available for Trade/NYR, SJ, LA, and STL Interested
 
According to Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Dallas Stars are talking to teams about moving Brenden Morrow.

Quote:

Dallas captain Brenden Morrow is believed to be available and it appears that the Blues have interest. They may not be the only team asking about Morrow, as the New York Rangers, San Jose Sharks and Los Angeles Kings may also be in contact with the Stars.

Morrow, 33, has perhaps seen his time pass in Dallas. The Stars have undergone much change in the past few weeks, signing free-agents Jaromir Jagr and Ray Whitney and acquiring Derek Roy via trade. The club even dealt Mike Ribeiro, with whom Morrow has shared on-ice chemistry in the past. The moves have seemingly pushed Morrow out of the top-six forwards.
EDIT: Update from Andy Strickland:

Quote:

Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland

Dallas #Stars have yet to ask Brenden Morrow to waive his no-trade. Told he's corrected his back/neck issues which bothered him last season
EDIT: Dallas Morning News:
Quote:

Mike Heika ‏@MikeHeika

I'm hearing no trade talks for Brenden Morrow to St louis. Nothing really cooking at all right now.

Frozen Failure 07-10-2012 10:08 AM

2 of those are logical, the other two not so much...

Luck 6 07-10-2012 10:10 AM

What are you guys looking for? Vancouver may be interested if they miss out on Doan.

Troy McClure 07-10-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luck 6 (Post 52376339)
What are you guys looking for? Vancouver may be interested if they miss out on Doan.

Anyone but Mason Raymond.

BigG44 07-10-2012 10:13 AM

I jumped the gun a bit on this from excitement probably, but this is more speculation than rumor.

I obviously glanced over some key phrases like "believed to be" and "may also be". This is just speculation on his part, and probably shouldn't have been it's own thread. I made the thread assuming a legitimate rumor was worth it's own discussion ... sorry.

Troy McClure 07-10-2012 10:14 AM

Seems like an odd time to trade Morrow. He's coming off of the worst season of his career. He wasn't physically capable of playing his game. Will other teams give up anything of quality with the hopes that Morrow returns to what he was only one year prior? Are we talking some trade with conditions built in?

thelos 07-10-2012 10:16 AM

What would it take from Philly?

bug 07-10-2012 10:29 AM

What would the Stars have to give up to land Jaden Schwartz? He is one of the top prospects in the game so I assume it's more than any of us would want to pay...but any thoughts?

Cin 07-10-2012 10:43 AM

We're definitely about to sign Doan.

DaStars99 07-10-2012 10:43 AM

Sharkies lol, yea Brenden Morrow and Adam Burish are the solution to your problems

BigG44 07-10-2012 11:00 AM

Update from Andy Strickland:

Quote:

Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland

Dallas #Stars have yet to ask Brenden Morrow to waive his no-trade. Told he's corrected his back/neck issues which bothered him last season

BigG44 07-10-2012 11:01 AM

If he is healthy ... don't trade him. His value at the deadline could be significant.

BigG44 07-10-2012 11:02 AM

Heika Update:

Quote:

Mike Heika ‏@MikeHeika

I'm hearing no trade talks for Brenden Morrow to St louis. Nothing really cooking at all right now.

Fly Like a C5 07-10-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troy McClure (Post 52376505)
Seems like an odd time to trade Morrow. He's coming off of the worst season of his career. He wasn't physically capable of playing his game. Will other teams give up anything of quality with the hopes that Morrow returns to what he was only one year prior? Are we talking some trade with conditions built in?

Gauging interest in case they sign Doan?

bug 07-10-2012 11:24 AM

I think the proposed deal of Robidas and Morrow for Berglund would be great for the Stars...moves about 7.4 in cap, only takes back 2.25 ... gets you a young NHL ready center to go with your core. This move would make Ryder a lot more movable from the Stars' perspective as he is a 32 year old coming off a career year with only 1 year left under contract. We know that Ryder won't be resigning with us next off-season, so why not go ahead and shore up our D by moving him? Surely you could put something together for Bouwmeester with Ryder going to Calgary.

Mr Misty 07-10-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bug (Post 52379497)
I think the proposed deal of Robidas and Morrow for Berglund would be great for the Stars...moves about 7.4 in cap, only takes back 2.25 ... gets you a young NHL ready center to go with your core. This move would make Ryder a lot more movable from the Stars' perspective as he is a 32 year old coming off a career year with only 1 year left under contract. We know that Ryder won't be resigning with us next off-season, so why not go ahead and shore up our D by moving him? Surely you could put something together for Bouwmeester with Ryder going to Calgary.

STL needs centers and LHD, so that would be extremely foolish for them. Wait on Morrow and Ryder until the deadline.

piqued 07-10-2012 11:39 AM

Heika trying to quash it just adds more fuel to the fire as far as I'm concerned.

I've said I believe Morrow needs to be moved this offseason even if his value is low and I still think that. It just makes too much sense. This is actually the perfect time since teams that miss out on Doan will naturally think of Morrow next.

Chaos 07-10-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bug (Post 52379497)
I think the proposed deal of Robidas and Morrow for Berglund would be great for the Stars...moves about 7.4 in cap, only takes back 2.25 ... gets you a young NHL ready center to go with your core. This move would make Ryder a lot more movable from the Stars' perspective as he is a 32 year old coming off a career year with only 1 year left under contract. We know that Ryder won't be resigning with us next off-season, so why not go ahead and shore up our D by moving him? Surely you could put something together for Bouwmeester with Ryder going to Calgary.

Cant see St. Louis considering that at all. Of course I'd be all over that for the Stars. Gets rid of the last two pieces of the "old core" and brings in a big, 23 year old top 6 center.

piqued 07-10-2012 11:44 AM

Yeah there's no way the Stars get that lucky. You'd need Armstrong to lose his mind and forget the past year ever happened or something.

bug 07-10-2012 12:01 PM

Was St. Louis using the Morrow speculation to get Langenbrunner's camp to resign?

Stars99Lobo37 07-10-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piqued (Post 52380447)
Yeah there's no way the Stars get that lucky. You'd need Armstrong to lose his mind and forget the past year ever happened or something.

Well you are talking about the man who traded a first round pick for Nagy so...One could hope!

StarsFan74 07-10-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 (Post 52381461)
Well you are talking about the man who traded a first round pick for Nagy so...One could hope!

To be fair to DA, a lot of teams were interested in Nagy that year. Also, we gave only Matthias Tjarnqvist in that deal and not some vaunted prospect and the no.1 pick turned into Riley Nash- someone who hasn't made a dent in the league yet.

That said, Nagy was awful in Dallas and a wrong fit as a LW in a team already choked up with them.

BigG44 07-10-2012 12:18 PM

Yeah ... I think Langenbrunner signing isn't good if you want to see Morrow moved to STL.

MetalGodAOD 07-10-2012 12:19 PM

STL just shipped out Crombeen for draft picks to TBL, so the roster spot to fill for them is still there.

Modo 07-10-2012 12:21 PM

I wouldn't have minded Crombeen coming back this way as a (small) part of the Morrow deal.

Oh well.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.