HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Senators sign Tyler Eckford (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1228235)

sens83 07-10-2012 02:38 PM

Senators sign Tyler Eckford

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=637586

A good depth signing for us down in Binghamton. Guy isn't flashy with the offense but a decent shut down guy. Way better than Conboy last season.

bdp 07-10-2012 02:59 PM

This will make Fuhr very happy.

topshelfie 07-10-2012 03:05 PM

Rebuild complete

operasen 07-10-2012 03:11 PM

Some of our prospects will not be happy in the ECHL I think. They'll feel they are being given the chance to develop. Guys like Prince and Pageau need the time in the AHL next season if they are not to become the next Corey Locke.

I'm not a fan of signing AHL "guys" - let the kids play and see what we've got.

WantEggRoll 07-10-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by operasen (Post 52390269)
Some of our prospects will not be happy in the ECHL I think. They'll feel they are being given the chance to develop. Guys like Prince and Pageau need the time in the AHL next season if they are not to become the next Corey Locke.

I think Prince and Pageau will be even more upset if they are forced to play defense in Binghamton. The guy signed today is a defenseman so I'm pretty sure it doesn't make a difference as to where those two are playing.

VVS 07-10-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

How's the forward line-up look for Bingo?

Some of the recent Bingo signings have been d-men, and since we don't have a lot of defencemen prospects that can play in the AHL, I don't think it will be that bad.

Qward 07-10-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

We did that. ended badly.

AfroThunder396 07-10-2012 03:21 PM

Devils fan here, Eckford had a lot of talent but was a victim of our defensive logjam. He's a great skater and put up some decent points on some bad Lowell/Albany teams. He's come a long way since being a 7th round pick and has turned into a legitimate pro hockey player.

He should be a good depth player. I liked him a lot as a prospect and wish he wasn't a victim of our numbers game.

sens83 07-10-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

You need AHL vets to offset the younger guys. This is a good thing. Plus there is a rule in the AHL that you can only dress a certain number of veterans. I think it's 8 but it might be 6, i'm not sure, go ask in the Hershey Bears thread on the Caps forum. They know about the "veteran scratch".

Qward 07-10-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topshelfie (Post 52389941)
Rebuild complete

Finally. That took Fooooooreeeeever.

sens83 07-10-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaksh0w (Post 52390509)
How's the forward line-up look for Bingo?

Some of the recent Bingo signings have been d-men, and since we don't have a lot of defencemen prospects that can play in the AHL, I don't think it will be that bad.

I posted about this in the Hugh Jessiman signing thread but here it is again.

Forwards:

Stone - ZBad - Petersson
Hoff - DaCosta - Prince
DZ - Cannone - Grant
Cowick - Hamilton - Jessiman

Leaves:

Kramer, Culek, JG, Caporusso, Schnieder

Two for press box, rest Elmira

Defense (Assuming Boro makes Ottawa):

Wiercioch-Gryba
Blood-Benoit
Wideman-Eckford

Leaves: Claesson, Sdao, Fransoo?

One for press box, rest Elmira

Goalie:

Lehner
[Expect a backup goalie signing soon]

WasTeD 07-10-2012 03:32 PM

Eckford in 2012, Ekblad in 2014!

koreaboy 07-10-2012 03:39 PM

seems like a common thread among murray d-man pickups/drafting is that defencemen have to skate. he wants mobile rearguards.

Ouroboros 07-10-2012 03:54 PM

Seems like a good signing provided he doesn't retire just before camp opens...

derriko 07-10-2012 03:57 PM

What's happening to Corey Locke?

Qward 07-10-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derriko (Post 52392561)

didn't he sign in Finland?

MainDotC 07-10-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derriko (Post 52392561)

He's playing in Finland. Dunno if there's any future for him.

The Fuhr 07-10-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Tier (Post 52389641)
This will make Fuhr very happy.

I'm a big fan of his tools... size... very good skater... big shot and can play physical. He could be a late bloomer... end up on our bottom pair.

This is a good signing

OmniSens 07-10-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaindotC (Post 52392833)
He's playing in Finland. Dunno if there's any future for him.

No future with the Sens, but it'll hurt Bingo next year

BonkTastic 07-10-2012 04:17 PM

Bingo desperately needs depth help on the blueline... as long as this kid doesn't pull a Sweatt and retire right before the season, it's a great move for the farm.

Icelevel 07-10-2012 04:49 PM

bingo lineup is looking pretty good. (although i thought that last yr too. this one really looks good)

DefenseMinister 07-10-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sens83 (Post 52391173)
I posted about this in the Hugh Jessiman signing thread but here it is again.

Forwards:

Stone - ZBad - Petersson
Hoff - DaCosta - Prince
DZ - Cannone - Grant
Cowick - Hamilton - Jessiman

Leaves:

Kramer, Culek, JG, Caporusso, Schnieder

Two for press box, rest Elmira

Defense (Assuming Boro makes Ottawa):

Wiercioch-Gryba
Blood-Benoit
Wideman-Eckford

Leaves: Claesson, Sdao, Fransoo?

One for press box, rest Elmira

Goalie:

Lehner
[Expect a backup goalie signing soon]

Quick note: Sdao is going back for his final year at Princeton and Fransoo is returning to the WHL.

FolignoQuantumLeap 07-10-2012 07:52 PM

Bingo is looking quite strong. Don't know why people try to squeeze Pageau into the line up though. He'll be back in the Q.

QuietOnTheFront 07-10-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Even in the AHL young guys need veteran leadership. Not to mention green fresh faced players usually struggle the first couple of months/seasons when they turn pro. A losing environment can be harmful towards a players development. Therefore stabilizing the farm team with veteran talent is actually more beneficial than sporting a roster of all young players.

Rumcajs 07-10-2012 08:08 PM

No way Wacey beats out Caporusso or Kramer