HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Ottawa - Minnesota (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1228305)

Qward 07-10-2012 04:13 PM

Ottawa - Minnesota

Parise.. just kidding.

To Ottawa:
Pierre-Marc Bouchard ($4,080,000)

To Minnesota:
Bobby Butler ($1,050,000)

Why Minnesota does it:
With Parise, Suter and Heatley all making over $7 million per, they need a little breathing room. This move frees up just over 3 million in cap space letting them persue someone at the trade deadline for the playoff push or to bring up AHLers if there are some injuries.

Why Ottawa does it:
We are $2 million shy of the cap floor until we resign Jim O'brien and Daugavins. Bouchard a former 8th over all has had a couple rough patches and is a bit of a project, but if anyone can bring this kid back to his Q level it is Paulrus. If he doesn't work out, he is in the last season of his contract.

Thoughts?

Andre Benoit Bawls 07-10-2012 04:16 PM

I would do it in a second as a Sens fan obviously. I doubt Minny does it but there is a slight possibility I guess, seeing as their owner just sunk a ton of money in and might want to cut costs elsewhere- especially if he realizes PMB will likely never be an important part of a playoff run. On the other hand, it leaves the top 6 pretty empty and Minny loses a guy who could put up 50-60 pts if healthy. Again, I do it in a second but I doubt Minny would do it unless they really want to save some dollaz.

Definitely a good and interesting thought though.

Dr Jan Itor 07-10-2012 04:17 PM

I disagree that we need breathing room (at this point in time). Pass.

ewoksonhoth 07-10-2012 04:29 PM

They don't need to drop players for breathing room. Check out this thread, it explains basically what the Wild are looking at and what they will be handling in the coming years.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...+cap+situation

Greeningfan14 07-10-2012 04:33 PM

Yes please.

WreckItRask 07-10-2012 04:36 PM

Bouchard just isn't a guy that you trade right now unless someone is dumb enough to offer a fair market deal for him despite his concussion issues. He's a solid Top 6er when healthy, and he's most likely on LTIR if he's not healthy. Not to mention he's a UFA after this season, so it's most likely his final season in MN with guys like Coyle, Larsson, and Zucker a year away from becoming NHLers. It's been pretty well covered at this point that Fletcher is willing to go to camp with all these veterans, and only trade one away if one of the kids beats him out.

IranCondraAffair 07-10-2012 04:37 PM

I don't think Minnesota does this.

nickschultzfan 07-10-2012 04:57 PM

Don't see the upside for the Wild. They don't need cap space at this point.

Bouchard doesn't have much trade value, but he still worth a gamble for the Wild. When healthy, he's a decent 50-60 point 2nd line RW. If he's not healthy, oh well, his contract is up after this year.

Qward 07-10-2012 05:11 PM

I wasnt offering garbage.
Butler was a very highly sought after college free agent. He was a hobey baker finalist.
In his first 36 games he had 21 points.
He started 2011/12 off with an injured groin and hid it from the staff.
When he was healthy they opted to send Filatov back to the AHL over Butler.

He had 4 game winning goals for the Sens this year.

BonkTastic 07-10-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qward (Post 52395731)
I wasnt offering garbage.
Butler was a very highly sought after college free agent. He was a hobey baker finalist. So was Matt Gilroy, and Gilroy won the Hobey.
In his first 36 games he had 21 points. In his last 56 games, he had 16 points.
He started 2011/12 off with an injured groin and hid it from the staff. He ended 2012, healthy, with 1 point in his last 14 games
When he was healthy they opted to send Filatov back to the AHL over Butler. That's not saying much, considering 1) Filatov bailed back to Russia and is persona-non-grata at the moment, and 2) Filatov was waiver-exempt, whereas Butler wasn't.

He had 4 game winning goals for the Sens this year. Not bad.

To be fair, I added the parts in bold. It's not fair to the argument to highlight the pros without considering the cons.

Just playing devil's advocate, here.

Andre Benoit Bawls 07-10-2012 05:24 PM

Butler came into camp in horrendous shape last year, really took his opportunity for granted. This not only made his play suffer but it also made management very disappointed with him. If he got the message, which I hope he has, he might be a big surprise for Sens fans this year.

Qward 07-10-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonkTastic (Post 52396207)
To be fair, I added the parts in bold. It's not fair to the argument to highlight the pros without considering the cons.

Just playing devil's advocate, here.

You'd make a horrible used car salesman.:laugh:

rynryn 07-10-2012 05:49 PM

If Bouchard is healthy he is well worth the cap hit. Well worth the risk vs. losing him and forcing a rookie up too early. Right now starting the year it's like picking up another great FA!

Minnesota 07-10-2012 06:05 PM

Minnesota doesn't need cap space, or a downgrade on offense.

No thanks.

number72 07-10-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qward (Post 52393267)
Parise.. just kidding.

To Ottawa:

To Minnesota:

Why Minnesota does it:
With Parise, Suter and Heatley all making over $7 million per, they need a little breathing room. This move frees up just over 3 million in cap space letting them persue someone at the trade deadline for the playoff push or to bring up AHLers if there are some injuries.

Why Ottawa does it:
We are $2 million shy of the cap floor until we resign Jim O'brien and Daugavins. Bouchard a former 8th over all has had a couple rough patches and is a bit of a project, but if anyone can bring this kid back to his Q level it is Paulrus. If he doesn't work out, he is in the last season of his contract.

Thoughts?

Bouchard + Stoner for Gonchar + Butler

Qward 07-10-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by number72 (Post 52403447)
Bouchard + Stoner for Gonchar + Butler

Butler ($1,050,000)
Stoner ($1,050,000)

Gonchar ($5,500,000)
Bouchard ($4,080,000)

This would put Ottawa a further 1.42 million under cap floor and put Minny right at the cap ceiling.

IHaveNoCreativity 07-10-2012 08:36 PM

No thanks, we've got enough breathing room.

Dr Quincy 07-10-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qward (Post 52393267)
Parise.. just kidding.

To Ottawa:

To Minnesota:

Why Minnesota does it:

Why Ottawa does it:

Thoughts?

Assuming that Minny is willing to take a lesser player, even up (without any prospect or picks added) just to shed salary.....

other teams could and would beat this offer.

danishh 07-10-2012 08:51 PM

If Minnesota wants the ice time for one of their kids after training camp, I could see the idea working, but Ottawa would have to add a prospect/pick.

Dionysus 07-10-2012 09:15 PM

Rather bring back Heatley. Comes back to play with Alfie and Spezza, instant chemistry.