HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Rumor: Eklund: Flames considering Campoli (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1228617)

SaneQ 07-11-2012 05:46 AM

Eklund: Flames considering Campoli

Quote:

Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund

going to bed, but was just texted Oilers have interest in Arnott (makes sense) and Flames considering Campoli. All this and more! tomorrow.
What you guys think about this?

tyflames 07-11-2012 06:43 AM

It's eklund so it's garbage but putting that a side, if it were true, which I doubt, if the we could get him fairly cheap it wouldn't be a bad move at all.

DBU 07-11-2012 08:13 AM

Are we planning to ice a complete lineup of wingers and defenseman? Is that the plan? Feaster, you sly dog.

BVicious 07-11-2012 08:32 AM

Eklund is very reliable for funnies and head scratchers. Next will be, Calgary looking to replace head coach and starting goaltender

Ashasx 07-11-2012 08:53 AM

This is nonsense.

First of all, Campoli is among the worst defencemen in the league. There's no way he beats out the likes of Brodie, Smith, Butler, or even Wilson for a roster spot.

The Flames have a log jam on defence and we certainly won't be adding a tenth NHL contract on the back end.

The Hendog 07-11-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashasx (Post 52418495)
This is nonsense.

First of all, Campoli is among the worst defencemen in the league. There's no way he beats out the likes of Brodie, Smith, Butler, or even Wilson for a roster spot.

The Flames have a log jam on defence and we certainly won't be adding a tenth NHL contract on the back end.

Nailed it

Campoli would be so far down the depth chart what would be the point of wasting a contract?

TheHudlinator 07-11-2012 09:08 AM

Campoli sucks and we have to many defenseman anyway. Unless the heat are looking for a #2/#3 defenseman this makes no sense.

tfong 07-11-2012 09:08 AM

Lock thread plz, this is garbage.

Johnny Hoxville 07-11-2012 10:32 AM

Man he's really reaching now, first Thomas, now Campoli. He's decent I guess, but we already re-upped Sarich and have no room for him. Hello we already have Babs.

Eklund is getting lazy.

tmurfin 07-11-2012 11:30 AM

Stock team with dmen and wingers, no centers in sight
???????
Profit

Signature 07-11-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmurfin (Post 52423747)
Stock team with dmen and wingers, no centers in sight
???????
Profit

"Who needs your stupid awesome centre depth when they have NO WINGERS TO PLAY WITH, bwahahahahaha" - Feaster

Guys, Eklund did not say anything about pursuing Campoli as a player. Maybe he'll be the new water-bottle filler for the boys on the bench!

BurnEmUp 07-11-2012 11:34 AM

I'd rather take a flyer on Gilroy, that is if the Flames are still looking to add a depth d-man via free agency. .....which I doubt.

Another RH shot, with tremendous offensive instincts.

No thanks to Campoli

MarkGio 07-11-2012 11:35 AM

Eklund isn't trying anymore. He's either using that rumour generator, or he's not watching hockey anymore. I'm waiting for him to make a mistake like "Pens are in on Hagman" after Hags has already signed to the KHL.

Stewie Griffin 07-11-2012 12:07 PM

Would make sense if the Flames were planning to trade Bouwmeester, I suppose...

Ashasx 07-11-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin (Post 52425269)
Would make sense if the Flames were planning to trade Bouwmeester, I suppose...

Because Chris Campoli, who couldn't even make it on the Montreal blue line, is an adequate replacement for Bouwmeester's 27 minutes a night.

I'd rather any of our other 8 defencemen get those kind on minutes over Campoli.

Stewie Griffin 07-11-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashasx (Post 52425359)
Because Chris Campoli, who couldn't even make it on the Montreal blue line, is an adequate replacement for Bouwmeester's 27 minutes a night.

I'd rather any of our other 8 defencemen get those kind on minutes over Campoli.

Well if Big Jay ships out Skinny Jay, someone has to step up. I don't see Campoli taking those big minutes (in fact, I see him as a 6/7 guy) and having Giordano/Wideman/Butler share the big minutes.

But yeah, there are probably (definitely) better options out there...

DBU 07-11-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurnEmUp (Post 52423931)
I'd rather take a flyer on Gilroy, that is if the Flames are still looking to add a depth d-man via free agency. .....which I doubt.

Another RH shot, with tremendous offensive instincts.

No thanks to Campoli

I wouldn't say anything about Gilroy is "tremendous".