HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Basketball (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Trade: ORL/PHI/DEN/LAL blockbuster (2012) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1228755)

Carolinas Identity 07-11-2012 12:35 PM

ORL/PHI/DEN/LAL blockbuster (2012)

From HoopsWorld

Quote:

The Orlando Magic are still trying to find a graceful way out of the Dwight Howard situation. While many hours have been spent exploring various deals with the Brooklyn Nets, Orlando has yet to trigger anything but rumors, speculation and anticipation.

Trying to construct a three or four-team deal is difficult and when you add in the sign-and-trade factor, it’s only compounded by conflicting interests.

Brooklyn still has a real chance to land Howard, but other suitors are still in pursuit.

HOOPSWORLD has learned that there have been preliminary discussions between the Orlando Magic, Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets that would involve sending Andrew Bynum to the Rockets, Howard to the Lakers and a number of first-round picks, prospects and significant cap relief to the Magic.

The Magic are not necessarily in love with the idea of giving either Bynum or Brook Lopez a sizable, long-term commitment as they go through a major roster overhaul. Draft picks and prospects, a la the Denver Nuggets’ return on Carmelo Anthony, is said to be more appealing to Orlando.

The Rockets have no assurance from Howard that he’d re-sign there and while they might be willing to take that risk, Bynum has privately expressed a willingness to be in Houston long-term.

Houston has a tremendous haul of young, cheap players to offer as well as multiple draft picks. They also have a passing interest in Ramon Sessions, as the Lakers do in Courtney Lee.

L.A. has some confidence that Howard would eventually re-sign with the Lakers but a major qualm is, to date, Howard has resisted such a move. Additionally, Los Angeles wants to make sure Howard’s back is truly healthy.

The Rockets have also had interest in Pau Gasol, offering Luis Scola and Kevin Martin. It’s difficult to imagine the Lakers giving up on Gasol before playing him alongside Steve Nash, but L.A. has been looking to reconfigure their salary structure for some time. It’s unclear how far teams would take discussions should they gain traction.

Certainly the status of center Omer Asik would play into Houston’s decision as they’re giving him a three-year, $25 million offer sheet once the signing period begins. The Chicago Bulls will have three days to match, which could delay any resolution involving the Rockets until then.

Just as the Brooklyn conversation lingered and took many unexpected turns, there’s nothing said to be imminent between the Lakers, Rockets and Magic. However, it is one of many possible paths as the Magic try to step into their future post-Howard.
Source

Francesa 08-09-2012 12:05 PM

http://twitter.com/BryanDFischer/sta...09512655917057
Quote:

Picturing this written in London phone booth. RT @WojYahooNBA: Orlando engaged in talks to send D. Howard to LAL *******.com/cn7ea87

kanuck87 08-09-2012 12:08 PM

This again...*yawn*

Bynum for Howard. Turn Bynum into a lot of young assets. WHat else can the Magic do?

Big Poppa Puck 08-09-2012 01:15 PM

Proposed 4 team deal between Lakers, Magic, Nuggets and Sixers.

LAL get: Howard and Al Harrington

DEN get: Andre Iguodala

PHI get: Andrew Bynum

ORL get: Arron Afflalo, Pau Gasol, and picks (guessing from LA and DEN)

McSorleyStick 08-09-2012 01:39 PM

:laugh:Lakers
:laugh:Turning into the LA Knicks
:laugh:No chemistry
:laugh:Giving up the best frontcourt in the league for a Dwight rental
:laugh:Kupcake with the Isiah-esque bads

:laugh:Magic
:laugh:Spent months holding out for young players and picks
:laugh:Now probably getting Pau, Afflalo, and garbage picks at best

KaylaJ 08-09-2012 06:18 PM

Feel sorry for Bynum and Gasol. No wonder they can't get their heads screwed on straight always being in these crazy trade proposals for a guy who's the biggest case for mental instability in the NBA right now.

flyersguy33* 08-09-2012 07:08 PM

deal seems like its a pretty much done deal

Avs_19 08-09-2012 07:16 PM

Bynum only has one year left on his deal and might not re-sign with Philly but are they really going to get the second best center in the league for Iguodala?

I'm guessing they'll be taking on a bad contract or giving up some picks because Bynum for Iguodala seems like a steal for them.

Kamal007 08-09-2012 07:45 PM

Stephen A Smith
‏@stephenasmith

Barring any last minute snag, D-Howard will be a Laker by tomorrow. Bynum will be in Philly. And we'll all expect a Lakers/Heat Finals.

KaylaJ 08-09-2012 07:46 PM

that sure went quick from beginning stages to done deal, but i still won't hold my breath.

Big Poppa Puck 08-09-2012 08:02 PM

I think the Nuggets are getting over looked here.

Sixers fans rag on Iguodala (rightfully in some cases) cause he's overpaid and an inconsistent scorer but he's still an elite defender, all-star and Olympian. And the Nuggets are getting him for only Arron Afflalo and an end of the road Al Harrington (and presumably picks to)? That's a steal if you ask me.

Lawson
Iguodala
Galinari
Chandler
McGee/Mozgov

Blackhawkswincup 08-09-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel (Post 53419251)
Proposed 4 team deal between Lakers, Magic, Nuggets and Sixers.

LAL get: Howard and Al Harrington

DEN get: Andre Iguodala

PHI get: Andrew Bynum

ORL get: Arron Afflalo, Pau Gasol, and picks (guessing from LA and DEN)

So the Magic give up best player and get a player on decline (Gasol) , A average G and some picks

Awful for them ,, Franchise is gonna fall hard and fast

Marc the Habs Fan 08-09-2012 08:26 PM

The Magic "would get neither Pau Gasol nor Andrew Bynum" in the proposed Dwight Howard deal, according to Ken Berger or CBSSports.com

A source close to Pau Gasol said the Spaniard is not included in the proposed four-team Dwight Howard deal.

On rotoworld.com

:huh:

Watch this fall apart.

Big Poppa Puck 08-09-2012 08:33 PM

As it currently sits Orlando would have to send either Q-Rich or Duhon to Denver to make the salaries work.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8wt258t

Avs_19 08-09-2012 08:54 PM

@ESPNSteinLine
Source close to talks tells ESPN that trade call with league office has been scheduled for Friday morning to process four-team Dwight deal

Looks like it's actually getting done.

I would laugh if Stern rejects the deal. :laugh:

Live in the Now 08-09-2012 09:12 PM

According to Chris Broussard it's...

Quote:

Lakers receives Dwight.

Orlando receives Affalo, Harkless, Vucevic, Harrington, picks.

Philly receives Bynum and Richardson

Denver receives Iggy
Mitch, you are a good man.

flyersguy33* 08-09-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Live in the Now (Post 53436997)

sixers cleaning up?

apparently all teams are giving the magic a future 1st

Avs_19 08-09-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Live in the Now (Post 53436997)

Good trade for everyone except the Magic.

flyersguy33* 08-09-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Sources: Howard to Lakers
Updated: August 9, 2012, 10:16 PM ET

A four-team trade that would send Dwight Howard to the Los Angeles Lakers is complete, multiple sources told ESPN on Thursday night.

A source with direct knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com's Marc Stein that the Lakers will receive Howard, the Denver Nuggets will get Andre Iguodala, the 76ers will get Andrew Bynum and Jason Richardson, and the Magic will get Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic and one protected future first-round pick from each of the other three teams.

In addition, the Magic will be getting other pieces, including 76ers No. 1 draft pick Moe Harkless, a source told Stein.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/82...-deal-complete

KaylaJ 08-09-2012 09:20 PM

Gonna be interesting to see if

A)Stern lets it go through
B) Howard resigns in LA

AllAbout813 08-09-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avs_19 (Post 53437179)
Good trade for everyone except the Magic.

Magic were never going to come out winners in this situation though unfortunately. All I can say is good riddance, I am so glad that guy is off the Magic.

Justified 08-09-2012 09:22 PM

The Sixers had zero front court scoring presence and it really showed in the playoffs, so I like them getting Bynum. Though he is a free agent after next year and I dont like the chances he resigns.

Avs_19 08-09-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllAbout813 (Post 53437287)
Magic were never going to come out winners in this situation though unfortunately. All I can say is good riddance, I am so glad that guy is off the Magic.

I think they could have gotten a better return than this if they made a trade sooner.

took420s 08-09-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McSorleyStick (Post 53420367)
:laugh:Lakers
:laugh:Turning into the LA Knicks
:laugh:No chemistry
:laugh:Giving up the best frontcourt in the league for a Dwight rental
:laugh:Kupcake with the Isiah-esque bads

Pau will not be in this deal, don't let that stop you from hatin tho :laugh:

Live in the Now 08-09-2012 09:26 PM

Stern didn't let the Paul deal through because he figured he should use the NBA's position as owner of the Hornets to play GM for the first time in his life.