HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Sweden (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Anders Andersson - Skellefteå - (1937-1989) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1228995)

Mike Farkas 07-11-2012 06:56 PM

Anders Andersson - Skellefteå - (1937-1989)

Hälsningar Swedes,

I'm not sure I'm going to get too far with this topic, but I figure it's worth a try. I'm trying to research Anders "Akka" Andersson who played for Skellefteå in the 1950's and 60's before the Elitserien was formed. I see his international resume and his awards (a rare two-time Guldpucken winner) and spotty stats as provided by eliteprospects. Though, I didn't get a great translation from his profile page. It appears he was a player with much drive and determination, but I'm not totally clear what the rest of the page says. It translates a little rough to English.

I tried to use Google News, with no luck, even looking for Swedish papers (Aftonbladet?) and then translating later...but they just don't have much in the way of Swedish newspapers.

I can deal with the difference in language, I just don't know where to begin if I wanted to research him. Any tips on how to research a historic Swedish player?

Tack!

joe89 07-11-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eliteprospects
En pådrivare av stora mått och uppfattades att jämt ligga före i tanken ute på isen tack vare sin spelförståelse.

Yeah, I can see why that sentence didn't go too well in google translate. Basically says that he pushed his teammates (i.e. leadership qualities) and was perceived as being one step ahead of his opposition all the time due to his hockey sense.

At a quick google search I found this little piece, it's an interview with three of his old teammates from Skellefteå talking about a little bit of everything. There are some quotes about him there.

Quote:

– He was a tough and driving force both as a player and later on as a coach. A guy younger players like Lars-Gunnar ”Krobbe” Lundberg, Hardy Nilsson and others were looking up to.

– He was very allround as a player, maybe not a great goal scorer but otherwise complete. ”Akka” was also a very good skater and a bit before his time tactically.
Also says that his line was called the "mosquito line" and that they were really three centers playing together, but the coach decided that "Akka" was going to play as center.

Hope that helps.

Mike Farkas 07-11-2012 10:26 PM

It absolutely does, every little bit does! Thanks so much, Joe!

Harks 07-12-2012 03:53 AM

There's a whole book about the mosquito-line called "Myggornas dans" (Dance of the mosquitos) but it's probably only in swedish but should cover a lot about Akka. Seems unlikely it went international.

romelson 07-15-2012 07:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Anders "Acka" Andersson in black jersey with shoulders stripes and no helmet to the far right of this photo. See attachment.