HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Edmonton - New Jersey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1229043)

GatoradeG* 07-11-2012 08:14 PM

Edmonton - New Jersey

http://1.cdn.nhle.com/oilers/images/logos/medium.png
Andy Greene (D)

http://1.cdn.nhle.com/devils/images/logos/medium.png
Ales Hemsky (RW)

Zajacs Bowl Cut 07-11-2012 08:20 PM

no thanks

change it to Tallinder or Volchenkov and I'd do it. I'd even add a pick possibly

Puckclektr 07-11-2012 08:25 PM

Like Greene to much. Would do what the other poster said. Tall under or volvhenkov. Preferably the latter. Makes sense. I was just going to propose this.

Devilsfan92 07-11-2012 08:33 PM

Devils would do Tallinder and a conditional pick, depends on Hemsky's health.

Greene wouldn't happen.

7even 07-11-2012 08:35 PM

As a third party, I like it from Edmonton. I like it from New Jersey. Very solid proposal, OP.

Jerzey Devil 07-11-2012 09:01 PM

I'd do it but I'd prefer if they could get it done with Tallinder as well.

devilsrock 07-11-2012 09:13 PM

If Hemsky can get back to 70+ points I would give up Green. I would say Tallinder and a conditional pick should be sufficient for Hemsky judging his past three seasons.

devsfan8 07-11-2012 09:15 PM

Devils fans like Greene and thats what it would take straight up for Hemsky so it won't happen.

Missionhockey 07-11-2012 09:18 PM

I would prefer to give up Tallinder but I think I still might do it, especially if this is true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegnaRouy (Post 52405667)
This really surprised me. And I'm not sure this is the same thing the O.P was willing to hear. But I didn't know this guy was quite the agitator til' I saw him play live. Ales F***ing Hemsky is quite the trash talker. Some of the stuff I hear while watching a game live. ( BTW I say this is agitating because Ales Hemsky, a guy who's apparently a "softy" by HFBoards standard, can really get into the heads of opposing teams)

To the Flames " Nice hit, but I'm still here so I guess it's not very effective huh? Being in a Canadian market you should know if you don't finish those checks, you'll hear about it( I still think he should of said " eh " instead of huh )."

To the Flames: " Now that was a flashy athletic move! Too bad you went left and I went right ( the next shift where Hemsky had another chance to score on kipper after this goal, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yIr7-6gx6s "

To the wilds : " Why so conservative?( my favorite LOL! )"

To Ovechkin( during his 65 goal season ) : " You score goals? Too bad I'm not passing to you, I could use some " cherry pickers " on my team to pad my stats "

To me it's funny because Hemsky had been our biggest offensive threat for years( Before we had Hall, Eberle, RNH ). So it was an easy task for teams to beat us. " shut down Hemmer ". But like I said, I was very surprise of all the trash talking after a nice play by Hemmer. But I also understood why teams tried to do " more " than just shut him down lately.

devilsrock 07-11-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missionhockey (Post 52447997)
I would prefer to give up Tallinder but I think I still might do it, especially if this is true.

Sounds like a More talented Claude Lemieux!!! I miss Claude

czar99 07-11-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missionhockey (Post 52447997)

To Ovechkin( during his 65 goal season ) : " You score goals? Too bad I'm not passing to you, I could use some " cherry pickers " on my team to pad my stats ":laugh:

Now you can't have him, thats too funny!

gooilgo 07-11-2012 09:33 PM

Decent proposal, with our need to add another defenseman I'd think long and hard about it. I'm just really nervous about giving up Hemsky. He looked really good at the end of the year.

Slatsmsg 07-11-2012 09:57 PM

Hemsky is going to be one of the main reasons Edmonton makes the playoffs this season (if there is a season).

The top 6 is going to be tough to shut down. Keepin hemmer

Saugus 07-11-2012 10:41 PM

I'd much rather it be Tallinder in the deal. Greene needs to stay because Greene-Fayne was our best pairing and I fear Fayne's effectiveness might take a hit if the pairing is broken up.

Eskimo44 07-11-2012 10:51 PM

No. We need to stop trying to trade Hemsky. Greene is a very fair proposal, as he's a solid top 4 guy but Hemsky has been a 1st line forward for far too long to give up on him after 1 poor season. Hemsky's way way better than HF likes to think. If Hemsky rebounds, and it's not unreasonable to think he will, then Hemsky>>Greene.

WeridAl 07-11-2012 11:09 PM

Great positional D, but he's not the physical RD the Oilers are looking for. The Oilers are looking for a D to fill in until some of their prospects come up and a 3yr 3mil contract for D that might be beat out by Fedun, or Marincin this or next year would make no sense.

Missionhockey 07-11-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eskimo44 (Post 52451501)
No. We need to stop trying to trade Hemsky. Greene is a very fair proposal, as he's a solid top 4 guy but Hemsky has been a 1st line forward for far too long to give up on him after 1 poor season. Hemsky's way way better than HF likes to think. If Hemsky rebounds, and it's not unreasonable to think he will, then Hemsky>>Greene.

That's why I like this proposal, its the epitome of buying low.

devilsrock 07-11-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeridAl (Post 52452065)
Great positional D, but he's not the physical RD the Oilers are looking for. The Oilers are looking for a D to fill in until some of their prospects come up and a 3yr 3mil contract for D that might be beat out by Fedun, or Marincin this or next year would make no sense.

Green plays a physical game. He also happenes to be a well respected guy in the locker room who is capable of putting up 30+ points. If your looking for really physical D-man, Devils will happily offer Volchenkov instead.

Villager 07-11-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilsrock (Post 52452555)
Green plays a physical game. He also happenes to be a well respected guy in the locker room who is capable of putting up 30+ points. If your looking for really physical D-man, Devils will happily offer Volchenkov instead.

If Volchenkov is willing to waive, I'd be happy to do Hemsky for Volchenkov+conditional 2nd.

number72 07-11-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNH (Post 52452953)
If Volchenkov is willing to waive, I'd be happy to do Hemsky for Volchenkov+conditional 2nd.

Is he on twitter - than you could tweet him and ask if he would be willing to waive?

MJB Devils23* 07-11-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNH (Post 52452953)

You got yourself a deal!

I love Volch by the way. But Hemsky is a guy I've wanted for a while.

WeridAl 07-12-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilsrock (Post 52452555)

No thanks, Oilers not interested in a D with a 4yr contract. Like I said Greene plays a great positional game, but he's not physical. Averages around 50 hits per year and has only score more then 30pts one year. NJ's D had a problem with the physical play of the Kings, in fact they were out muscled. Greene on the Oilers would end up to be a 3rd pairing and could easily end up being the 7th D. IMO he's not worth Hemsky, especially if Hemsky comes back to form.

5RingsAndABeer 07-12-2012 12:22 AM

Hemsky isn't soft - he's just injury-prone. There is definitely a difference between the two.

I think this trade is fair for value but I'd rather just take the gamble with Hemsky.

Vdhawan89 07-12-2012 12:40 AM

Id do Hemmer for Volchenkov.

Joey Moss 07-12-2012 01:20 AM

No chance.