HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Speculation: 11'/12' Offseason/Trades/Proposals: FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WHERE ARE THE RUMORS!?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1229201)

Leaf Rocket 07-12-2012 03:41 AM

11'/12' Offseason/Trades/Proposals: FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WHERE ARE THE RUMORS!??
 
There is way too much silence.

smitty10 07-12-2012 07:23 AM

No rumours tends to mean Burke is up to something.

At least that's what my wishful thinking tells me.

delirium trigger 07-12-2012 07:45 AM

Smid, gagne
For franson, MAC, bozak and a 3rd

Leaf Rocket 07-12-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty10 (Post 52457487)
No rumours tends to mean Burke is up to something.

At least that's what my wishful thinking tells me.

yea that`s what im thinking too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by delirium trigger (Post 52457735)
Smid, gagne
For franson, MAC, bozak and a 3rd

be glad i dont know where you are.

delirium trigger 07-12-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket (Post 52457809)
yea that`s what im thinking too.


be glad i dont know where you are.

I'm right here, come at me bro!

I think this trade makes us worse this year, but better in the long run, gives us a really good shutdown D, a high upside but question mark C, and relieves conjestion. In 2014 when we sign getzlaf sam gagne will look good on the 3rd line and smid as usual will be a good (maybe a top) shut down D in his prime. I could see doing it without the 3rd but both those pieces are young and high picks.

mydnyte 07-12-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delirium trigger (Post 52457735)
Smid, gagne
For franson, MAC, bozak and a 3rd

Bozak is too underrated ...i just finished posting how he's on a similar if not upward development curve than Filippula.

...though people would prob ask for Smid, Gagne + for Filippula because he's a Det Euro.

Leaf Rocket 07-12-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delirium trigger (Post 52457897)
I'm right here, come at me bro!

I think this trade makes us worse this year, but better in the long run, gives us a really good shutdown D, a high upside but question mark C, and relieves conjestion. In 2014 when we sign getzlaf sam gagne will look good on the 3rd line and smid as usual will be a good (maybe a top) shut down D in his prime. I could see doing it without the 3rd but both those pieces are young and high picks.

Lol. Congrats on the 1k post.

However Gagne I think isn't as high end as you tout him to be, in the past sure I'd have called him that but given ample time he hasn't really flourished. Perhaps a change of scene would help but not that price you have proposed.

We already got rid of a player like Smid in Schenn, I don't think we are looking for a player as such for our team. I don't see top pairing potential but sure second pairing. I'd have more interest in Jeff Petry than him tbh.

Leaf Rocket 07-12-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mydnyte (Post 52458017)
Bozak is too underrated ...i just finished posting how he's on a similar if not upward development curve than Filippula.

...though people would prob ask for Smid, Gagne + for Filippula because he's a Det Euro.

sad truth, he's a great third liner who can step up in the second line if needed.

ULF_55 07-12-2012 08:10 AM

I think we suspect Burke was interested in Colin Wilson when he was talking to the Flyers and Preds before Schenn was dealt.

Once a player is on the block, it is difficult to take him off the block.

Preds are around 6 billion away from the cap floor. Okay, 14 with Weber to sign, so say 6 million from the floor.

With Suter gone, could Komisarek be enticed to waive to join up with Weber? No that's not the deal, just part of the dea.

They are not using C.Wilson as a center, so it wouldn't have to be a center going back.

Komisarek+MacArthur
for
C.Wilson

MacArthur would add some offense, Komisarek and Trotz system might be a fit.

Franson and a conditional 2nd. in 2014
for
C.Wilson

Did they really value Franson, or was he expendable because they wanted him gone anyway?

Leaf Rocket 07-12-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 52458143)
I think we suspect Burke was interested in Colin Wilson when he was talking to the Flyers and Preds before Schenn was dealt.

Once a player is on the block, it is difficult to take him off the block.

Preds are around 6 billion away from the cap floor. Okay, 14 with Weber to sign, so say 6 million from the floor.

With Suter gone, could Komisarek be enticed to waive to join up with Weber? No that's not the deal, just part of the dea.

They are not using C.Wilson as a center, so it wouldn't have to be a center going back.

Komisarek+MacArthur
for
C.Wilson

MacArthur would add some offense, Komisarek and Trotz system might be a fit.

Franson and a conditional 2nd. in 2014
for
C.Wilson

Did they really value Franson, or was he expendable because they wanted him gone anyway?

I'd be all for that trade, but with some project pick would be nice too if were to part with Komi and Macarthur.

Say Puustinen or Beck?

I believe the reason they moved franson was due to the Lambo Contract, also they have good depth there with upcoming talent in Josi and after that Ellis and Blum. Josi probably has been their biggest surprise but I have really liked his game.

MapleLeafs9 07-12-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 52458143)
I think we suspect Burke was interested in Colin Wilson when he was talking to the Flyers and Preds before Schenn was dealt.

Once a player is on the block, it is difficult to take him off the block.

Preds are around 6 billion away from the cap floor. Okay, 14 with Weber to sign, so say 6 million from the floor.

With Suter gone, could Komisarek be enticed to waive to join up with Weber? No that's not the deal, just part of the dea.

They are not using C.Wilson as a center, so it wouldn't have to be a center going back.

Komisarek+MacArthur
for
C.Wilson

MacArthur would add some offense, Komisarek and Trotz system might be a fit.

Franson and a conditional 2nd. in 2014
for
C.Wilson

Did they really value Franson, or was he expendable because they wanted him gone anyway?

We will have THE SOFTEST DEFENCE in professional hockey if we trade Komisarek. :shakehead

They had to get rid of Lombardi because of his future being very uncertain, and financial reasons. Franson was the price they had to pay.

SprDaVE 07-12-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 52458143)
I think we suspect Burke was interested in Colin Wilson when he was talking to the Flyers and Preds before Schenn was dealt.

Once a player is on the block, it is difficult to take him off the block.

Preds are around 6 billion away from the cap floor. Okay, 14 with Weber to sign, so say 6 million from the floor.

With Suter gone, could Komisarek be enticed to waive to join up with Weber? No that's not the deal, just part of the dea.

They are not using C.Wilson as a center, so it wouldn't have to be a center going back.

Komisarek+MacArthur
for
C.Wilson

MacArthur would add some offense, Komisarek and Trotz system might be a fit.

Franson and a conditional 2nd. in 2014
for
C.Wilson

Did they really value Franson, or was he expendable because they wanted him gone anyway?

There's definitely something to be done with Nashville. They are looking for a Suter replacement --- not that Komisarek could replace him straight up, but it's better than nothing right now.

delirium trigger 07-12-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket (Post 52458069)
Lol. Congrats on the 1k post.

However Gagne I think isn't as high end as you tout him to be, in the past sure I'd have called him that but given ample time he hasn't really flourished. Perhaps a change of scene would help but not that price you have proposed.

We already got rid of a player like Smid in Schenn, I don't think we are looking for a player as such for our team. I don't see top pairing potential but sure second pairing. I'd have more interest in Jeff Petry than him tbh.

Thanks.
I don't think we "got rid" of schenn like we didn't need a player like him, we just relocated talent.

I always intended for gagne to be on the 3rd line, and his upside is that he might be really good, but as of now he's bozakesque.. but younger. Smid is really under rated and is strong and mobile, we need atleast one shutdown D. Unless we plan on keeping komi, we don't have it. I think its a good long term move, with probably zero net gain this year.

Budsfan 07-12-2012 08:39 AM

Leftover free agents and some that may fill our need

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...ee-agents.html

Quote:

10. Daniel Winnik, LW.

Nobody played more regular season games last year than the 27-year-old Winnik, who appeared in 84 contests after being traded from Colorado to San Jose in February. He’s a five-year NHL veteran who can boost a team’s penalty-killing unit.
Quote:

8. Peter Mueller, C.

The 24-year-old Mueller scored 22 goals for Phoenix in his rookie year of 2007-08, but has since struggled with concussion woes. He appeared in just 32 games last year, but finished relatively healthy and amassed seven goals and 16 points. A risky, but intriguing gamble.

The Magic Man 07-12-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budsfan (Post 52458811)
Leftover free agents and some that may fill our need

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...ee-agents.html

Mueller signed in FLA, no?

Alexander Baigle 07-12-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budsfan (Post 52458811)
Leftover free agents and some that may fill our need

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...ee-agents.html

Mueller signed in Florida.

Leaf Rocket 07-12-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delirium trigger (Post 52458647)
Thanks.
I don't think we "got rid" of schenn like we didn't need a player like him, we just relocated talent.

I always intended for gagne to be on the 3rd line, and his upside is that he might be really good, but as of now he's bozakesque.. but younger. Smid is really under rated and is strong and mobile, we need atleast one shutdown D. Unless we plan on keeping komi, we don't have it. I think its a good long term move, with probably zero net gain this year.

Sorry didn't mean it in a rude manner, it came out as such. Yes we flipped a talent for an area we lack in however I still don't see the hype on smid that I do with Petry.

Gagne might be younger and have better potential but he still hasn't brought out that untapped talent. Not to mention isn't exactly a sizable forward for our group. If we flip Lambo or Connolly for him, preferable lambo more, I am game. Maybe being closer to home and getting some true chances along talented winger might help him. However I rather use my assets for players like Marcus Johansson or Colin Wilson.

Hurt 07-12-2012 08:44 AM

I was reading a thread on the trade boards and Winnik hasn't signed so far because he's asking for a lot more money than teams are willing to pay. That's why SJ let him go.

Leaf Rocket 07-12-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Baigle (Post 52458895)
Mueller signed in Florida.

Wanted us to take chance on him, he could really work out for the panthers.

smitty10 07-12-2012 08:52 AM

I want Winnik for the 4th line. He'd play perfectly into the Carlyle system.

SprDaVE 07-12-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty10 (Post 52459147)
I want Winnik for the 4th line. He'd play perfectly into the Carlyle system.

Gotta get rid of some players to sign more.

The 'logjam' isn't great but there's still one.

Budsfan 07-12-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Naz (Post 52458863)
Mueller signed in FLA, no?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Baigle (Post 52458895)
Mueller signed in Florida.

Your both right he signed with Florida, I don't think we would be interested in any of the others, maybe Doan but I think we are way down the list of teams he will sign with and he may re-sign with the Coyotes.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...to-roster.html

Daniel Winnik may be the only F/A that could help, especially on the PK.

I think most players we will be getting, will be via trade, as we do have a glut of forwards, some of which will have to be moved, to accommodate any additions.

delirium trigger 07-12-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket (Post 52458933)
Sorry didn't mean it in a rude manner, it came out as such. Yes we flipped a talent for an area we lack in however I still don't see the hype on smid that I do with Petry.

Gagne might be younger and have better potential but he still hasn't brought out that untapped talent. Not to mention isn't exactly a sizable forward for our group. If we flip Lambo or Connolly for him, preferable lambo more, I am game. Maybe being closer to home and getting some true chances along talented winger might help him. However I rather use my assets for players like Marcus Johansson or Colin Wilson.

Sorry, I didn't mean it rude either hahaha its cool. Just spitting ideas

MapleLeafs9 07-12-2012 09:26 AM

I'm curious as to what people think our D would look like if we did trade/buy out Komisarek? Would you all not agree it would be the softest defence in professional hockey? Yes, this includes AHL and overseas.

Chandrashekhar Limit 07-12-2012 09:27 AM

How are we gonna possibly jam in more bottom 6 forwards?

Just to make room for Kadri and Frattin onto our lineup, we will need to dump one or both of Lombardi/Connolly.

Until we can do that, I hope we don't sign any bottom 6 players.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.