HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Roberto Luongo XXIII - Next Fall - Administrator Warning Post #548 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1229445)

bobbyt91 07-12-2012 02:20 PM

Roberto Luongo XXIII - Next Fall - Administrator Warning Post #548
 
So it seems nothing is imminent "Luongo Update. from a source, "Until the asking price is severely diminished nothing will get done." The two main teams, Toronto and Florida are both starting to turn their focus elsewhere..The Leafs have never been further from getting this deal done for Luongo. I am hearing from all sides Vancouver continues to sit back and wait for someone to accept their offer"

veedubn1 07-12-2012 02:21 PM

It's Eklund though...

Vankiller Whale 07-12-2012 02:23 PM

So I guess that means neither Burke nor Tallon makes a move unless Gillis severely raises his asking price.

vanwest 07-12-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyt911 (Post 52471431)
So it seems nothing is imminent "Luongo Update. from a source, "Until the asking price is severely diminished nothing will get done." The two main teams, Toronto and Florida are both starting to turn their focus elsewhere..The Leafs have never been further from getting this deal done for Luongo. I am hearing from all sides Vancouver continues to sit back and wait for someone to accept their offer"

Eklund. LOL! Now watch a deal be inked tomorrow.

elsubz 07-12-2012 02:25 PM

1 hour later ''Luongo traded to tampa bay''

bobbyt91 07-12-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanwest (Post 52471647)
Eklund. LOL! Now watch a deal be inked tomorrow.

I don't believe Ek much either but in this case I tend to feel that Gillis is asking too much and Burke and Tallon aren't willing to even come close.

Moore Money 07-12-2012 02:26 PM

Who cares what Eklund thinks.

PRNuck 07-12-2012 02:26 PM

Noooo! Stuck with the best goalie we've ever had! Khaaaaan!

y2kcanucks 07-12-2012 02:31 PM

As long as Gillis doesn't lower his asking price I'm happy.

Henrik To Daniel 07-12-2012 02:31 PM

not happy with this thread title

vanwest 07-12-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyt911 (Post 52471717)
I don't believe Ek much either but in this case I tend to feel that Gillis is asking too much and Burke and Tallon aren't willing to even come close.

Sure. Because he confirms what you thought ayways. My sources tell me that Burke and Tallon are not offering enough and will up the ante. E5. More to come. :)

NucksOnly 07-12-2012 02:37 PM

What the hell! What happened to "Skyfall"?

y2kcanucks 07-12-2012 02:38 PM

Luongo, Raymond, Malhotra for Grabovski and Biggs?

ColePens 07-12-2012 02:39 PM

Someone give us the last Bond movie thread title. ASAP!

KISSland 07-12-2012 02:40 PM

Where's the james bond theme?!?


bobbyt91 07-12-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanwest (Post 52472089)
Sure. Because he confirms what you thought ayways. My sources tell me that Burke and Tallon are not offering enough and will up the ante. E5. More to come. :)

I'm pretty sure the general concenus around twitter, TSN etc is Gillis's price is high and Burke and Tallon arent going there.

Finkle is Einhorn 07-12-2012 02:40 PM

The only reason I checked back with these threads was to see if it would make it to Skyfall, and you drop the ball when it actually makes it? Boo to OP.

Lucbourdon 07-12-2012 02:40 PM

we need a much better thread title then this.

Don't ruin a great thing, in a legendary thread chain

CerebralGenesis 07-12-2012 02:42 PM

Ya supposed to be Skyfall.

vanwest 07-12-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyt911 (Post 52472355)
I'm pretty sure the general concenus around twitter, TSN etc is Gillis's price is high and Burke and Tallon arent going there.

LOL! Put another way Burke and Tallon's offers are too low and Gillis isn't going there. :)
That's how negotiations work. Both sides claim the other is asking for too much or offering too little. Otherwise we would have a deal already. Eklund is merely stating the obvious.

Vankiller Whale 07-12-2012 02:43 PM

He'll only be traded when the Skyfalls down.

Halibut 07-12-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyt911 (Post 52471431)
So it seems nothing is imminent "Luongo Update. from a source, "Until the asking price is severely diminished nothing will get done." The two main teams, Toronto and Florida are both starting to turn their focus elsewhere..The Leafs have never been further from getting this deal done for Luongo. I am hearing from all sides Vancouver continues to sit back and wait for someone to accept their offer"

In other news, the sky is blue.

Thanks for telling us what everyone already knew ek.

Timmy 07-12-2012 02:44 PM

Changed with a spur-of-the-moment title; I'm open to better suggestions.

Vankiller Whale 07-12-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy (Post 52472535)
Changed with a spur-of-the-moment title; I'm open to better suggestions.

It's pretty good, actually. Good job.

LPH 07-12-2012 02:46 PM

Happy with title!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.