HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Chicago-Philly (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1230135)

Tripod 07-13-2012 06:32 PM

Chicago-Philly

Leddy and Frolik for Meszeros and Read

Chicago replaces a small D (has 3 and 1 more on the way)for a bigger one that can play top 6 minutes. Read more than replaces Frolik's production and can play top 6 if needed.

Leddy gives Philly a young PP D-man and and Frolik takes Read spot and they can try and rejuvinate his career. Also saves some $.

Who needs to add..and what?

Kezia 07-13-2012 06:48 PM

Philly says "lol nope"
Hawks say "Yes please"

hockeyfreak7 07-13-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Roffler (Post 52520519)
Philly says "lol nope"
Hawks say "Yes please"

Not so fast-- I'd seriously consider a deal like this.

Piffle 07-13-2012 06:59 PM

Leddy just scored 37 points as a 21 year old defenseman. He is just starting to ramp up his confidence level and can skate like the wind. He is already at least as good at rushing the puck as all of our other puck carrying defensemen, and we have some pretty good ones. Chicago is probably not willing to deal him unless it gets them a really good, young 2c in return.

Crazy_Ike 07-13-2012 07:03 PM

Anyone who thinks Chicago is willing to trade Leddy almost certainly has no idea who he even is.

PAZ 07-13-2012 07:09 PM

I actually think the value is pretty close. I think this trade all depends on if Chicago wants to become stronger short term. If they somehow pick up Lou, this would be a pretty good trade for both teams imo.

DeflatedFootball7 07-13-2012 07:13 PM

Meszaros is essentially a salary dump if were getting Leddy. Lol at whoever thinks the Flyers wouldn't take this running.

Spongolium* 07-13-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Roffler (Post 52520519)
Philly says "lol nope"
Hawks say "Yes please"

:laugh: , flyers take this deal

Tripod 07-13-2012 07:30 PM

so we have lots of different opinions which means it could be close. And here is how this came up. Apparently, Bowman said Clendening could be ready to make the team this year. That would give them 4, smaller D-men and a Hawks fan said that Leddy's agent(Sheehy) and Bowman are at odds over the Suter UFA thing. And he said they could use a bigger D-man to play top 4 minutes. And Philly has Grossman, Coburn, Mez and Schenn but need a puck mover to replace Carle. And Read>Frolik to help even things out. Read can play PP and all 3 forward positions. Frolik is a 3rd liner who isn't working in Chicago.

Leddy 37 pts Frolik 15 pts
Read 47 pts Mez 25

tuckrr 07-13-2012 07:52 PM

flyers take an immediate step back, but longterm maybe two steps forward.

I'd consider/think hard on this.

*We could definitely go all in on Weber with no Meszaros on the books.

Blackhawkswincup 07-13-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripod (Post 52521775)
so we have lots of different opinions which means it could be close. And here is how this came up. Apparently, Bowman said Clendening could be ready to make the team this year. That would give them 4, smaller D-men and a Hawks fan said that Leddy's agent(Sheehy) and Bowman are at odds over the Suter UFA thing. And he said they could use a bigger D-man to play top 4 minutes. And Philly has Grossman, Coburn, Mez and Schenn but need a puck mover to replace Carle. And Read>Frolik to help even things out. Read can play PP and all 3 forward positions. Frolik is a 3rd liner who isn't working in Chicago.

Leddy 37 pts Frolik 15 pts
Read 47 pts Mez 25

False and absurd

Bowman said that Clendening will be in AHL and could help Hawks at times this year

As for Sheehy thing ,, Completely false

Blackhawkswincup 07-13-2012 08:30 PM

Terrible deal for Hawks

Leddy has bright future and fits Hawks transition attack well

Meszaros is coming off back surgery and Matt Read just turned 26 ,, Not sure if he was product offensively of Flyers system or if actually will develop into top 6 talent longterm

ELab2 07-13-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 52523597)
Terrible deal for Hawks

Leddy has bright future and fits Hawks transition attack well

Meszaros is coming off back surgery and Matt Read just turned 26 ,, Not sure if he was product offensively of Flyers system or if actually will develop into top 6 talent longterm

Matt Read is a two way top-6 player now. Certainly not just the product of playing in the Flyers system and rarely played with their best players.

That said, I'd do this deal if I were the Flyers.

Flyerfan808 07-13-2012 08:41 PM

Value is about even, but I would not do this trade.

Blackhawkswincup 07-13-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELab2 (Post 52523849)
Matt Read is a two way top-6 player now. Certainly not just the product of playing in the Flyers system and rarely played with their best players.

That said, I'd do this deal if I were the Flyers.

Offensively his #'s might be inflated from playing with the talent the Flyers possessed offensively last year (3rd most goals in NHL)

I would like to see a 2nd season of quality play before judging Read. We have see 1 yr wonders before

At this time I would put him in same class as guy like Viktor Stalberg. Good season but lets see it again

Kezia 07-13-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongolium (Post 52521721)
:laugh: , flyers take this deal

i guess im over valuing Meszaros?

H a w k s 07-13-2012 09:09 PM

No and just to reiterate **** no

HighOFFHockey 07-13-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 (Post 52521275)
Meszaros is essentially a salary dump if were getting Leddy. Lol at whoever thinks the Flyers wouldn't take this running.

I would not trade Read. I think moving Read, Schenn, Or Couturier is a mistake. Mezzo is a good defenseman. We don't need leddy and frolik is forgettable.

DeflatedFootball7 07-13-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighOFFHockey (Post 52525001)
I would not trade Read. I think moving Read, Schenn, Or Couturier is a mistake. Mezzo is a good defenseman. We don't need leddy and frolik is forgettable.

We don't need Leddy? Are you nuts? Prospect young defenseman are exactly what we need. Trading Read is fine because down the road Laughton will be twice the player Read is. Our future center depth is pretty much decided.

Giroux
Schenn
Couturier
Laughton

needle 07-14-2012 01:47 AM

I see Flyers fans offering Matt Read in a lot of trades. First year in the NHL, scores 24 goals, pots 47 points. I haven't seen Read play, but it's interesting that Flyers fans are using him in a lot of trade offers.

Spongolium* 07-14-2012 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by needle (Post 52531337)
I see Flyers fans offering Matt Read in a lot of trades. First year in the NHL, scores 24 goals, pots 47 points. I haven't seen Read play, but it's interesting that Flyers fans are using him in a lot of trade offers.

He's a great player on a cheap contract. He's our most valuable asset outside of our core.

Giroux
Schenn
Couturier
Simmonds
Voracek

Hopefully, there is no way that Holmgren trades any of that core for at least 10 years. Read becomes expendable to improve the defense. Don't be fooled and think that Read's offensive numbers are inflated playing with the flyers.

Every line that Read played on, he improved.

Bubba88 07-14-2012 06:41 AM

not good for the Hawks. I'd rather keep Leddy

Sasso09 07-14-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 52524045)
Offensively his #'s might be inflated from playing with the talent the Flyers possessed offensively last year (3rd most goals in NHL)

I would like to see a 2nd season of quality play before judging Read. We have see 1 yr wonders before

At this time I would put him in same class as guy like Viktor Stalberg. Good season but lets see it again

I don't think Reads numbers are inflated, hes certainly better than Stalberg.. I can see read being a 55-60 point a year player. With that being said, Leddy is going nowhere without an over payment, and this deal is a slight under payment. No thanks

xX Hot Fuss 07-14-2012 11:17 AM

Leddy for Giroux +

...hawks need a 2c

Tripod 07-14-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasso09 (Post 52536653)
I don't think Reads numbers are inflated, hes certainly better than Stalberg.. I can see read being a 55-60 point a year player. With that being said, Leddy is going nowhere without an over payment, and this deal is a slight under payment. No thanks

yes but I think everyone would agree that MEZ >>>>>Frolik and that point is being missed or ignored.