HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Montrealer wanting to go to Preds game! Any tips ? And what to do in Nashville, TN ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1230203)

Habanero514 07-13-2012 08:45 PM

Montrealer wanting to go to Preds game! Any tips ? And what to do in Nashville, TN ?

Montrealer wanting to go to Preds game! Any tips ? And what to do in Nashville, TN ?

I'd love to go see a Preds game, visit Nashville and try some of the local Blues/Country Bars and try some In N Out Burger and Five Guys in Nashville. Also, wanna go to Hooters in Nashville.

Please recommend me anything and tell me how much i would need for a week-end.

Thanks

Adz 07-13-2012 09:07 PM

We don't have In and Out Burger in Nashville to my knowledge but Five Guys---you'll love that! As for the bars and stuff, if you go to a Preds game that's covered. It's right outside the front door. Broadway has lots of honkytonks and restaurants. I know there used to be a Hooter's down on Second Ave, but I am not sure if it's still there. If you stay outside of downtown you'll pay less for hotel, but we don't have a huge mass transit system so it may be to your benefit to stay at a downtown hotel on the west side of the river. We have buses but no constant train (there is one for commuters but it doesn't run on weekends).

It depends on your tastes as to how much you'll spend, but the offerings are pretty widespread and cover everything from hamburgers and fries to filet mignon. There is a place a few blocks west of the arena called The Flying Saucer that has about a thousand different beers and is located in the old train station--pretty interesting place to visit. If you are into the history of country music, the CM Hall of Fame is across the street from the arena. If you are interested in architecture there are all sorts of places to see, from the art deco former post office now museum to an Egyptian motif Presbyterian church downtown (only one in existence!) to the Parthenon in Centennial Park. To me, you have not seen Nashville unless you see our Parthenon--full scale model. It's stunning.

I'd say you could have a great experience for at most $500 if you're not picky about your Preds ticket and if you are lucky enough to get a good hotel rate. If not, then figure $750 and you'll still probably take home some change.

codeyh 07-13-2012 09:17 PM

Here friend, made you a map of spots to hit:

http://goo.gl/maps/gZvn

Basically laid out everything you could need, except the blues/country places, because they're all right near the arena on Broadway, and 2nd Ave North.

codeman00 07-13-2012 09:18 PM

Hooters is still there on 2nd avenue. Almost all of the decent bars in my opinion are on Broadway and 2nd avenue...but the honky tonks unique to Nashville are on Broadway just across the street from Bridgestone (which is at Broadway and 5th). You will want to try Legends Corner, Tootsies, Roberts Western World (old time country done in a great way), and end your night at the Stage. All of the honky tonks and bars are open all day too so you an catch them before and after the game. They are more an night though. :cheers:

You can find a lot of other bars like BB Kings, Coyote Ugly, etc, but they aren't "Nashville". Its best to stick with the good places like the above that you can only find here.

Habanero514 07-13-2012 09:23 PM

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

TMI 07-13-2012 10:44 PM

There is also a ton of information in this thread:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=811313

kypredsfan 07-14-2012 12:46 AM

After the game, just walk out front and there are bars galore. You can't not have fun down here.

predfan98 07-14-2012 07:11 AM

people are extremely friendly. just ask questions of strangers on the street and you'll get all kinds of advice. you'll have a great time.

one of my favorite games at the bridge was a couple of years ago when a group of 20 something young men sat behind me at one of the games with that awesome french accent. we had great conversations. the funniest part was when they started yelling all kinds of funny negative things at the habs team about their play, and other habs fan in that section wanted to pound them.... the lady in front of me stood up several times and let them have it.

BigFatCat999 07-14-2012 09:11 AM

Speak English or the local Anglophone media with give you endless ****. :sarcasm:

Honestly, depends on what you like, Five Guys is insanely good fries and burgers both! I like Jack's BBQ, the people are friendly, and Nashville is good place to hang out and relax. Go to the Parthenon, Sportsplex to skate and be passed by the kids going about 40 MPH.

Fo Shea Shea 07-14-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman00 (Post 52525239)
Hooters is still there on 2nd street. Almost all of the decent bars in my opinion are on Broadway and 2nd street...

Just for clarification, it's 2nd Ave. 2nd street and 2nd Ave are 2 different worlds. 2nd street is in the ghetto.

Seth Lake 07-14-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fo Shea Shea (Post 52534979)
Just for clarification, it's 2nd Ave. 2nd street and 2nd Ave are 2 different worlds. 2nd street is in the ghetto.

C'mon, we were going to tell him that...we just wanted to see how he was first... ;)

AEM6729 07-14-2012 11:30 AM

There's a restaurant IN the arena (on the club level) that's delicious pre-game. It's called the Patron Platinum Club now (but will always be The #7 Club to me...). It's basically an all-you-can-eat buffet, but with gourmet food. SO good. It's about $35/person, and you can get into the arena early if you have reservations there.

Postgame, Broadway is where it's at. Rippy's, Paradise Park, etc.

Although, let it be known that Broadway is NOT all of our downtown. I overheard some Chicago fans talking when I went to a game there last season and one was telling the other that Nashville is really fun but "their downtown is really small...it's only one street!". There are other bar districts (like Demonbreun), but for the Predators/Nashville experience, I'd stick to Broadway.

Adz 07-14-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 (Post 52534595)
Speak English or the local Anglophone media with give you endless ****. :sarcasm:

Honestly, depends on what you like, Five Guys is insanely good fries and burgers both! I like Jack's BBQ, the people are friendly, and Nashville is good place to hang out and relax. Go to the Parthenon, Sportsplex to skate and be passed by the kids going about 40 MPH.

But most of the fans won't. As for me, I'll try to translate it and fail miserably, much as I did during my 2 days in Montreal. ;-)

Right about the size of the city. The downtown area right outside the arena is in no way the scope of "Nashville"...but you can't completely do Nashville in a weekend.

codeman00 07-14-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fo Shea Shea (Post 52534979)

:shakehead I know better than that...yes...2nd AVENUE! I've only lived here for over 4 years now. Anyway I corrected it.

crossxcheck 07-16-2012 07:47 AM

Nothing against Five Guys, but there are a lot of better places in town to get a burger...The Pharmacy, Brown's Diner, Rotier's, Dino's, The Edgefield...just to name a few. At any rate, Nashville is a foodie heaven. There's a lot more than the normal chains if you're willing to venture out and be a little more adventurous.

Also, even if you don't love country music, the honky tonks are fun...and they NEVER have a cover charge. If you don't like the music in one, leave and go try another.

Joe T Choker 07-16-2012 08:35 AM

a couple of places away from downtown but not in the hood

Burger Up
2901 12th Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37204
(615) 279-3767
Sunday 11:00 AM - 3 PM | Monday - Thursday: 11:00AM - 10:00PM | Friday - Saturday: 11:00AM - 11:00PM

Edley's BBQ
2706 12th Ave South
Nashville, TN 37204
(615) 953-2951
Hours: 11AM - 10PM (Kitchen)
*Bar is open til the drinks stop flowing….
*Closed on Tuesdays

Fo Shea Shea 07-16-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossxcheck (Post 52587465)
Nothing against Five Guys, but there are a lot of better places in town to get a burger...The Pharmacy, Brown's Diner, Rotier's.........

Rotier's? Talk about a let down. Heard it was a good burger and went for lunch one day.....what a piece of garbage! The Pharmacy is great, Ted's is right there, too.

101st_fan 07-16-2012 03:03 PM

What to do is dependent on time in the area, interests, and if you'll have a car while in Nashville.

One or two nights and no car limits the options to downtown which still offers plenty of music (honkeytonks, Ryman), food (from fast food to international chains to unique eateries), art, history, etc. Add the ability to travel into the mix and many more local and regional attractions become options ... including Mr. Daniel's place in Lynchburg.

29dryden29 07-16-2012 03:29 PM

I reccomend staying right downtown so after the game or going out it is a short stumble back to your hotel. My dad and I stayed at the Rennesaince in downtown Nashville. It was litteraly 3 blocks or less from the arena. My dad loved the country bars not so much me I am not a country music fan. The HABS do not play in Nashville this season that I have seen as it tends to be every other season.

Shea Weber 07-16-2012 03:50 PM

If you are anywhere near a beer snob I recommend Broadway Brewhouse. GREAT food too.

Habanero514 07-17-2012 02:33 PM

Thanks again people for all the info!

I will note it all down.

29dryden29 07-17-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shea Weber (Post 52603373)
If you are anywhere near a beer snob I recommend Broadway Brewhouse. GREAT food too.

Is it Big River I think it is down towards the river they had some decent house brews.

TMI 07-17-2012 11:16 PM

Other places for beer would be Blackstone Pub and Brewery and The Flying Saucer.

crossxcheck 07-18-2012 07:26 AM

If you're really into craft brews, 12 South Taproom is a must. They have beers on draft no one else does and they're usually good stuff. Decent food, too.