HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Proposal: San Jose - Philly (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1230419)

JayB 07-14-2012 10:30 AM

San Jose - Philly
 
So after reading few proposal from San Jose, i think they want trade off Clowe and Murray. Is there any idea to "rent" them for few seasons to Philly?

There is everything we need, gritty and leadership for young team and few goals.

I was thinking some like this:

Bourdon/Gustafson
Read

Maybe we have add something, picks?

After that we have quite nice defense and depth in our offense:

Hartsy-G-Schenn
Clowe-Briere-Voracek
Fedotenko-Couturier-Simmonds
Sestosito-Talbot-Rinaldo
Wellwood-Holmstrom-Shelley

Timonen-Mezza
Coburn-Grossman
Schenn-Murray
Gervais-Lilja

nuclear reactor 07-14-2012 10:44 AM

Read has more upside than Clowe. Murray would be nice but overall not worth it. I would only do Guatafsson or Bourdon for Murray.

dingbathero 07-14-2012 10:45 AM

Heartbeat - DONE.

Clowe I LOVE - not just a fan b/c I am a fellow Newfie. Nice bruiser!

Murray would be sweet as well - nice cap hit as well.

With Kimmo, Feds, Shelley and Lilja coming off next year, that is the money for Weber.... Sweet lawwwwwd be more than happy with that.

DrinkFightFlyers 07-14-2012 11:07 AM

I'd be all over this. No way SJ is though. We'd have to add something.

JayB 07-14-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuclear reactor (Post 52536279)
Read has more upside than Clowe. Murray would be nice but overall not worth it. I would only do Guatafsson or Bourdon for Murray.

Yes of course have. But question is what we need now? I think we have lot of future in Schenns, Couts, Voracek,G but to show the way to them we need experience, roster needs gritty whit nice caphits. I think Clowe&Murray is really just that.

It is true that we release big amount of cap after this year, bringing Clowe and Murray for their contract (1y) and maybe sign them with few years we have nice third liner for 1-3 years and good shutdown defender for 1-3 years.

Read i think is one season miracle, but he is nice cap hit with 15 goals in future and good pk. Best is to trade him now cause he have some value.

Giroux tha Damaja 07-14-2012 02:22 PM

We already have a defenseman like Murray in Grossmann, and a few others who are similarly capable. I would also like us to hang on to Gus, as he in the only guy we have in the system who could possibly end up replacing some of Carle's game on the back end in the nae future.

Clowe is good, but we don't really need him. Unless we bring in a top pairing defender, I really don't see the hole in this roster. Granted, there are spots where we could upgrade, but no glaring needs. Let's just let this roster try and make it happen and grow together.

Dr. Octagon 07-14-2012 09:21 PM

Flyers would have to add quite a bit. Murray is a better version of Grossmann, and Clowe is the perfect Flyer...scores, hits, fights, sticks up for teammates, is a leader (wears the A), and is a playoff beast. Would love to have them both. Many teams could and would put together a better package than Read + Gus/MAB

Jray42 07-14-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Octagon (Post 52551611)
Flyers would have to add quite a bit. Murray is a better version of Grossmann, and Clowe is the perfect Flyer...scores, hits, fights, sticks up for teammates, is a leader (wears the A), and is a playoff beast. Would love to have them both. Many teams could and would put together a better package than Read + Gus/MAB

I respectfully disagree.

Also, we have no really don't have a need for Clowe, he'd only be a Simmonds replacement, and I dont see us moving Wayne.

JagerPuck 07-14-2012 10:49 PM

deal, love this.
Doug Murray is one of my favorite non Flyers. Nasty Swede FTW

TheJuxtaposer 07-14-2012 10:54 PM

As a Sharks fan, I wouldn't be tempted. The deal we usually agree on as fair for Clowe and Murray is Stafford and Leopold from Buffalo. The reason for trading Clowe, as so many have expressed, is because we need more speed in our top-6. I don't see Read as a top-6 player, despite this season's counting number. His on-ice shooting percentage was very unsustainable and his ratio of secondary assists to primary assists was disturbing.

kyuss 07-14-2012 11:07 PM

There's two Sharks that fill Flyers' needs right now, but its not Murray and Clowe--it's Boyle and Handzus

Dr. Octagon 07-14-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jray42 (Post 52552957)
I respectfully disagree.

Also, we have no really don't have a need for Clowe, he'd only be a Simmonds replacement, and I dont see us moving Wayne.

The Flyers don't need a big, physical, heart & soul type winger who shows up in the playoffs? I guess we were watching a different team against NJ in the playoffs. I like Simmonds, but he was invisible in the playoffs.

TheJuxtaposer 07-14-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyuss (Post 52553741)
There's two Sharks that fill Flyers' needs right now, but its not Murray and Clowe--it's Boyle and Handzus

We'll give you Handzus for free. Boyle would cost quite a bit.

kyuss 07-14-2012 11:29 PM

I figured that much. I won't dare make a proposal for Boyle, but I know he's exactly what the Flyers need at the moment.

Jray42 07-14-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Octagon (Post 52553971)
The Flyers don't need a big, physical, heart & soul type winger who shows up in the playoffs? I guess we were watching a different team against NJ in the playoffs. I like Simmonds, but he was invisible in the playoffs.

He was playing with broken fingers.

dookie88 07-15-2012 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyuss (Post 52554177)
I figured that much. I won't dare make a proposal for Boyle, but I know he's exactly what the Flyers need at the moment.

Dan Boyle has grown up beeing a Flyers fan.
He'd look great on our back end.
I don't know about his age, though.

rban* 07-15-2012 10:37 AM

No Boyle. Too old. He will deteriorate soon.

dingbathero 07-15-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 52553989)
We'll give you Handzus for free. Boyle would cost quite a bit.

Whu?

What would you think he would fetch?

edit: contract is mad....

kyuss 07-15-2012 11:15 AM

There's only two years left on that contract though. It makes it a little harder to splurge for UFA's next year, but not impossible with Kimmo's contract expiring.

JayB 07-15-2012 01:13 PM

Boyle? Ummm

For San Jose :

Read
Gus/MAB
Mezza
1st/2nd rounder

To Philly:
Clowe
Boyle
Murray

Close enough?

I would love this in future. Cause after this year, Kimmo is gone, then we can bring some UFA defender, after that season Boyle is gone, then we can bring again big UFA defender. We have L.Schenn, Murray is ideal rolemodel for him to show the way to succes in his role.
Then we have Clowe, bring him just for playoffs, just for crowd, and bring to next season him brings more power to team, more experience and heart to show the way to Flyer hockey for the young guys like Simmonds, Couts, Schenn. Yes i know that we have Hartsy already but i think we need Clowe too.

Question is what we can loose if we do this?

nuclear reactor 07-15-2012 01:39 PM

Some of you guys better brace yourself for Timonen being re-signed this season. I doubt management has forgotten about what happenened with Desjardins.

DrinkFightFlyers 07-15-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuclear reactor (Post 52566311)
Some of you guys better brace yourself for Timonen being re-signed this season. I doubt management has forgotten about what happenened with Desjardins.

What happened with Desjardins?

kyuss 07-15-2012 03:52 PM

He wasn't offered a contract and decided to retire; then the Flyers had their worst season ever. I don't think he would have made much of a difference. It was time for him to retire.

Spongolium* 07-15-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyuss (Post 52570149)
He wasn't offered a contract and decided to retire; then the Flyers had their worst season ever. I don't think he would have made much of a difference. It was time for him to retire.

Agreed. It was clearly time for him to hang up the skates.

The problem that year, was the flyers chose to ignore the problem of the game becoming faster and more skilled and thought the acquisition of Hatcher and Rathje would solve the problem.

That defense still gives me nightmares.

Hatcher - Jones
Rathje - Gauthier
Picard(Printz) - Pitkanen

Ouch.

kyuss 07-15-2012 06:05 PM

Thankfully, that nightmare won't replay with Timonen's departure, but one of the pluses of obtaining Boyle is that he's signed one year past Timonen just in case of the unlikely scenario Homer somehow swings and misses on all of next year's ufa pmd.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.