HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   THE 2ND LINE (C)onundrum (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1231245)

DontToewzMeBro 07-16-2012 04:06 AM

THE 2ND LINE (C)onundrum

Check out NHL.com for a solid summary of our predicament or opportunity at Center.

Gives insight and quotes from some of McNeil, Hayes and Teuvo.
Says Chicago asked Saad to try center although another article says he "asked" to try.

Many including the article believe it will be: SHARP-*******-HOSSA
Who can compliment the twos talents the best?

The second line center spot at this point is between...

K.Hayes
Danault
McNeil
Kruger
Pirri
Saad
Teuvo-Back to Europe most likely
UFA
Bolland-
Kane
Sharp

Remember Henrique broke in and was exceptional for NJ who could do the same for the hawks?

What is your prediction?

I would love for McNeil to prove he was alike his draft day prediction as one of the most NHL ready forwards. He has te size to really compliment those two even though I feel he is a long shot, I have an inkling that he would provide a solid option.

Sharp-McNeil-Hossa

But most likely Saad gets a shot and nabs it?

So many options!

Marotte Marauder 07-16-2012 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro (Post 52585733)
Check out NHL.com for a solid summary of our predicament or opportunity at Center.

Gives insight and quotes from some of McNeil, Hayes and Teuvo.
Says Chicago asked Saad to try center although another article says he "asked" to try.

Many including the article believe it will be: SHARP-*******-HOSSA
Who can compliment the twos talents the best?
The second line center spot at this point is between...

K.Hayes
Danault
McNeil
Kruger
Pirri
Saad
Teuvo-Back to Europe most likely
UFA
Bolland-
Kane
Sharp

Remember Henrique broke in and was exceptional for NJ who could do the same for the hawks?

What is your prediction?

I would love for McNeil to prove he was alike his draft day prediction as one of the most NHL ready forwards. He has te size to really compliment those two even though I feel he is a long shot, I have an inkling that he would provide a solid option.

Sharp-McNeil-Hossa

But most likely Saad gets a shot and nabs it?

So many options!

Kane is the slickest passer on the list, so he becomes the obvious answer.

Bubba88 07-16-2012 06:45 AM

problem with putting Sharp or Kane on that spot

open a hole to fill another

You don't put a Top5 RW or Top5 LW to another position. We need Sharp in the Top6 as LW as we need Kane as Top6 RW. Can't replace them

Marotte Marauder 07-16-2012 08:08 AM

Wingers are the easiest position to fill.

Sir Psycho T 07-16-2012 08:25 AM

2 Problems with using Kane or Sharp, open another hole is the lesser problem, the bigger problem is the fact neither of them is what the Hawks really need. They need a reliable FO and PK guy, Sharp can play the PK but neither are great at the dot. Instead of constantly trying to put a winger their to work go and get some who plays that position FFS!

Snowhawk 07-16-2012 10:28 AM

Personally there are two options I think the Hawks should consider;

Return Sharp to centre while one of the many prospects develops to the point where they take the job. I know Sharp prefers playing wing and may be more suitable for wing but this is preferable to making a bad deal and giving away talented young kids that may come back and bite you in the A--. Sometimes players have to suck it up and do what's best for the team.

Give Pirri a legitimate chance. He showed last year that he has a bit of offensive creativity to his game which would be a good compliment to Hossa and Sharp. By playing him with those two he has the opportunity to learn from two solid veterans that can help compensate for any defensive short comings he may have at this point.

I think four lines like:

Doan-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Pirri-Hossa
Saad-Bolland-Shaw
Stahlberg-Kruger/Mayers-Carcillo

would be pretty awesome to start the season with.

BobbyJet 07-16-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowhawk (Post 52589417)
Personally there are two options I think the Hawks should consider;

Return Sharp to centre while one of the many prospects develops to the point where they take the job. I know Sharp prefers playing wing and may be more suitable for wing but this is preferable to making a bad deal and giving away talented young kids that may come back and bite you in the A--. Sometimes players have to suck it up and do what's best for the team.

Give Pirri and legitimate chance. He showed last year that he has a bit of offensive creativity to his game which would be a good compliment to Hossa and Sharp. By playing him with those two he has the opportunity to learn from two solid veterans that can help compensate for any defensive short comings he may have at this point.

I think four lines like:

Doan-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Pirri-Hossa
Saad-Bolland-Shaw
Stahlberg-Kruger/Mayers-Carcillo

would be pretty awesome to start the season with.

That would be a pretty good line-up but ..... Since getting Doan is pretty much a pipe dream. This line-up is probably more likely:

Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Pirri-Hossa
Saad-Bolland-Shaw/Hayes ( I like this possible line a lot )
Bickell-Mayers-Carcillo

If Pirri fails to make the team, things change significantly:

Stalberg-Toews-Sharp
Saad-Kane-Hossa
Bickell-Bolland-Shaw/Hayes
Frolik/Kruger-Mayers-Carcillo (personally I’d rather have a tough young grinder take the place of Kruger/Frolik but I think Stan has proven he doesn’t get that. We’ll see how the camp goes.)

Pepe Silvia 07-16-2012 11:13 AM

if it isn't kane or sharp, i think pirri would be a good choice, especially if he plays well at camp

Pepe Silvia 07-16-2012 11:14 AM

stalberg toews kane
sharp pirri hossa
bickell bolland shaw
carcillo kruger mayers
bollig

MurrayBannerman 07-16-2012 11:34 AM

That's a clever title.

Stalberg-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Saad-Kane

Hawkaholic 07-16-2012 01:10 PM

Sharp - Kruger - Hossa is what it will be.

When it isn't, it will be

Carcillo - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - Kane - Stalberg

(This isn't what I want though)

ChiGuySez 07-16-2012 01:23 PM

Im also in favor of giving Pirri a legitimate look. Led Rockford in scoring last year as a 21 y/o. Has produced solid offensive numbers at every level. One of the problems is hes being blocked by existing contracts of signed players. Im sure he'll at least be one of the first call ups if any forward has an injury.

I can see why Stalbergs being penciled in here an LW but hes much more effective at RW imo. That means 3rd line RW behind Kane (assuming he plays RW and not C) and Hossa.

massivegoonery 07-16-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T (Post 52587187)
... the bigger problem is the fact neither of them is what the Hawks really need. They need a reliable FO and PK guy ...

We're talking about the 2nd line, not the 4th.

Rexy 07-16-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic (Post 52594893)

Carcillo - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - Kane - Stalberg

I don't think anybody wants that

Judrix 07-16-2012 01:46 PM

it's going to be Pirri. Kid did great on a terrible Rockford team. Good playmaker, he will impress once again at camp and make the team. Whether he sticks this time is anyone's guess.

deytookerjaabs 07-16-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rexy (Post 52595815)
I don't think anybody wants that

That would be FINE. Not perfect, but some of you think our only option is to build an all star team of nothing but elite players for every slot. Look around the league, we have four of the best forwards in the game slotted for our top 6 and Kane is one of the most serviceable centerman you will find available. The best lines in the league have one to two solid forwards and a decent forward to compliment the elite talent and fulfill the role of net/board presence/agitator.
Sharp/Toews/****
****/Kane/Hossa
is already better than 3/4 of the league. Plug in two players with some grit and skill and our top 6 is as solid as anyone could possibly ask for. Complaining about the faceoff % of our 2C doesn't come close to addressing the greater needs this team really has.

Piffle 07-16-2012 03:40 PM

If we want to put the best offensive guy there (not including Kane), I think that has to be Pirri.

I think the next best idea is actually trying Danault there. If we want to let Hossa be the playmaker on that line, and Sharp will obviously be the shooter, what that line needs is a netfront/corner guy who is good at faceoffs and also is decent offensively. I think Danault fits that to a T, on top of being a feisty pain in the ass to play against. It doesn't hurt that he is also really good defensively.

Sir Psycho T 07-16-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massivegoonery (Post 52595769)
We're talking about the 2nd line, not the 4th.

Yeah because a good #2 C can't be either of those things, like Bergeron, Kessler, Staal, Richards, etc. etc.

Bubba88 07-16-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic (Post 52594893)

Carcillo - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - Kane - Stalberg

this
Have to agree here

massivegoonery 07-16-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T (Post 52601371)
Yeah because a good #2 C can't be either of those things, like Bergeron, Kessler, Staal, Richards, etc. etc.

Sure, Kesler is the Canucks 2C because he can PK.

DontToewzMeBro 07-16-2012 05:08 PM

Is Kevin Hayes and after thought now?

It always seems as if the hawks have so many 1-2 rounders over the last 3-4 years they may loose a gem in the next few years.

99 steps 07-16-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder (Post 52586969)
Wingers are the easiest position to fill.

Winner. It is obvious that an upgrade at 2C is not forthcoming from outside the organization (at least short term). Put Kane at 2C, leave Bolland at 3C (where he belongs) and try different people at wing.

DontToewzMeBro 07-16-2012 07:17 PM

Should have a poll- Who will be the 2nd line center for more than 41.5 games?

Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Saad-Hossa
Shaw-Bolland-*****

The hardest part is putting together a solid 4th line. There are an incredible amount of options.
#2C #3RW and the 4th line are totally up in ther air. Bickell last chance to be physically consistent and earn a contract.

ChiGuySez 07-16-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro (Post 52603983)
Is Kevin Hayes and after thought now?

It always seems as if the hawks have so many 1-2 rounders over the last 3-4 years they may loose a gem in the next few years.

KHayes is not an afterthought. Why would you say that. He just finished his soph year at BC and has not yet played in the AHL. No indication whatsoever he can go straight from his 2nd year in the NCAA to the show.

Pirri on the other hand already played 1 year in the NCAA where he produced better that 1 ppg and 2 seasons in the AHL where in his second season, led Rockford in scoring.

Pirri is just more ready right now. Doesnt mean KHayes is discounted. On the contrary, KHayes will be challenging for one of the center spots after a few years of seasoning. So will McNeill, Danault and of course Teravainen but they will need at least minimum 2 more years development time.

Rexy 07-16-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs (Post 52600411)
That would be FINE. Not perfect, but some of you think our only option is to build an all star team of nothing but elite players for every slot. Look around the league, we have four of the best forwards in the game slotted for our top 6 and Kane is one of the most serviceable centerman you will find available. The best lines in the league have one to two solid forwards and a decent forward to compliment the elite talent and fulfill the role of net/board presence/agitator.
Sharp/Toews/****
****/Kane/Hossa
is already better than 3/4 of the league. Plug in two players with some grit and skill and our top 6 is as solid as anyone could possibly ask for. Complaining about the faceoff % of our 2C doesn't come close to addressing the greater needs this team really has.

a career fourth liner would be fine playing on our first line? I know he clears space blah blah blah This is Dan Carcillo, not Al Secord.