HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   St. Louis Blues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   St. Louis Blues 2012 draft review (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1231409)

HF Article 07-16-2012 11:35 AM

St. Louis Blues 2012 draft review

The St. Louis Blues entered the 2012 NHL Draft with a loaded prospect pool, consisting of players such as Vladimir Tarasenko, Jaden Schwartz, and Ty Rattie, who rely more on their speed, skill, and hockey IQ, than size and grit. The main focus for the Blues in 2012 was adding size, grit, and offensive depth to the cupboards.

Director of amateur scouting, Bill Armstrong has helped the Blues build their prospect pool and after stockpiling high end skill, he was able to take more abundant risks in with their 2012 draft picks, selecting more boom-or-bust prospects, all with high end potential.… read more

More...

Frenzy1 07-16-2012 07:17 PM

Very nice article RR. I am kind of excited about our last pick. I get the concussion concern, but not often you get a top 6 guy with your last pick. See what he does as development.

bleedblue1223 07-16-2012 07:21 PM

Does anyone know the specifics on his concussion history? How many has he had? If it was just one big one like Perron had, it might not be that big of a deal. I hope he makes it just for his name alone.

Blues0307 07-16-2012 09:50 PM

Good writeup, thanks for the info.

Randall Ritchey 07-16-2012 11:41 PM

I do believe he had two last seasons and has had problems with PCS. However he has recovered and was in St. Louis with many other prospects during prospect orientation.

Frenzy1 07-17-2012 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey (Post 52619759)
I do believe he had two last seasons and has had problems with PCS. However he has recovered and was in St. Louis with many other prospects during prospect orientation.

That is a bit of good news. I guess going forward it is something that will have to be monitored. Good risk for a high reward. Does make me wonder if he will adjust his game.

milieu bluez 07-26-2012 10:34 AM

Good questions/thoughts.

Will see. We should always swing for the fence with the last few picks.

STLBLUES44 07-26-2012 10:41 AM

I like that every forward we drafted is a PWF and every dman except Schmaltz is a solid defensive dman Peoria is gonna be the toughest team in the league in the next few years lol

stlweir 07-26-2012 11:40 AM

Ford, Ponich, Peluso and Beach can all throw em. Those are some big boys that will hopefully give their teamates more skating room. There should be a lot of Riverman clips on You Tube next year.

The Blues continue to add talent every year in the draft. They are at a point where they can deal players that won't make the team for draft picks. Next year they have their 1rst, two 2nds, 3rd and two 4ths. Sweet!