HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Bored? How about watching Game 6 of the 2004 ECF? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1231563)

Krishna 07-16-2012 03:04 PM

Bored? How about watching Game 6 of the 2004 ECF?

CharlieGirl 07-16-2012 03:08 PM

I loved that team so much.

If only injuries hadn't killed the defense...

God bless Sami forever and ever, amen.

RussianRocket10 07-16-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieGirl (Post 52601701)

How many times have we heard that before? :cry:

funghoul 07-16-2012 03:19 PM

primeau passing the tying goal to himself was unbelievable.

CouturiersFrontTeeth 07-16-2012 03:28 PM

I was at this game when I was in middle school. Hands down the best Flyers game I have ever seen. Since I was at the opposite end, I didn't see Gagne score, but everyone starting yelling and cheering and I knew I just witnessed history. However, I was sitting even with the goal where Primeau scored to tie it up and everyone's heart stopped as they saw the puck trickle through Khabibulin's legs, but the noise after he slammed it home was deafening. Great ****ing game!!

:yo:

Krishna 07-16-2012 03:31 PM

Watching the game, I love how much stuff the refs let go :laugh:

PhillyFlying 07-16-2012 03:38 PM

look at the size of that neutral zone! those were the days.

dingbathero 07-16-2012 03:52 PM

...chills....

Is it Oct yet?

MsWoof 07-16-2012 04:03 PM

LOL! I saw Handzus from the back and immediately thought it was Hartnell!

rWoHockeyman88 07-16-2012 05:00 PM

I remember that team all too well. Primeau was unreal that year. Sami was amazing, I will never forget the Darcy Tucker hit. Can you believe we had Dennis Seidenberg back then and he didn't even play, I know he was young. I also really liked Robert Esche. I feel like he got the raw end of the deal when he left Philly. They brought in Biron, and kept Nitty. However, in that Playoff series with Buffalo, Esche did well I thought. Didn't he have a 70 save performance?

I was in the New York ESPN Sports Zone for the game and the entire building was pulling for the Flyers.

In Game 6, I'll never forget when Lady Byng winner Martin St. Louis attempted to break Zhamnov's hand when he slashed him hard by the boards without a glove on.

CanadianFlyer88 07-16-2012 05:18 PM

Not to derail the thread, but this is my most memorable moment from that run:

2004 was an awesome spring.

Mgkibbles 07-16-2012 05:36 PM

Whoa, totally forgot how epic that first Gagne goal was during game 6.

laundryman 07-16-2012 06:03 PM

Oh. Heck. Yes.

FLYERSFAN18 07-16-2012 06:21 PM

Really miss Sami :cry:

flyersguy33* 07-16-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 (Post 52606357)

thats scrambled eggs right there, Bill

KwikKarl 07-16-2012 06:57 PM

Was the best game I ever was at. Didn't have a voice for 2 days... It was just as loud leaving the parking lot that night.. Will remember forever... My wife and I and my late Flyers Games wingman - my father in law were in attendance. Will cherish that moment forever...

Icedog2735 07-16-2012 07:11 PM

I remember genuinely thinking after that Leafs win that this team was destined for the Cup. I think that Game 6 versus Tampa is the most exciting Flyers game since Game 6 versus Edmonton in '87.

Reaper1097 07-16-2012 07:50 PM

my gosh, it really is amazing how much clutching and grabbing there was back then. You really forget after watching post lockout NHL for so long...

But that playoff run and game 6 were so amazing. It was really unforgettable.

One of these years, I swear the flyers are gonna have a run like this were they finish it with a parade down broad street. I swear...

YuioIklo 07-16-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icedog2735 (Post 52610035)
I remember genuinely thinking after that Leafs win that this team was destined for the Cup. I think that Game 6 versus Tampa is the most exciting Flyers game since Game 6 versus Edmonton in '87.

Game 7 against Boston in 2010... well, it's not the same kind of excitement, but it was something just as big imo.

zarley zelepukin 07-16-2012 08:59 PM

As a fan since '97, this was definitely my favorite Flyers team. They were the best in the league, but so much crap luck coupled with Tampa's good luck kept us from the Cup. Still there were a lot of great moments that postseason that I'll never forget. JR's goal to put away the Leafs and the couple shifts before it was probably the best minute or two of hockey I've ever seen.

flyershockey 07-16-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 (Post 52606357)

The goal that sent the Leafs into a decade of free fall. That season is one of my fondest memories as a Flyer's fan. I loved that team, it's unfortunate that they couldn't get it done. If only the defense had stayed healthy...

whskybarJM 07-16-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieGirl (Post 52601701)

honestly. everybody loves the 93 phillies and they were a team full of D heads who were ignorant to everyone.

this team was just a group of the greatest people. they were a stanley cup team who suffered the philly Dman curse

MsWoof 07-16-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyershockey (Post 52614127)
The goal that sent the Leafs into a decade of free fall. That season is one of my fondest memories as a Flyer's fan. I loved that team, it's unfortunate that they couldn't get it done. If only the defense had stayed healthy...

Definitely one of my favourite Flyer memories, especially since I live in Toronto. The next day I was parading around in my Flyers' jersey and the woman at Tim Horton's went to hand me my coffee at the drive through, saw what I was wearing and took it back! She told the others she couldn't serve me because of my jersey. Of course I did get it eventually, carried on down to the boardwalk where I was walking a couple of dogs and someone in one of the houses started yelling "Flyers Suck". Then someone started yelling at him that the Leafs sucked. I never saw either of them but it was pretty funny.

Not as funny as Sundin getting the first star, mind you! Ahhhhh, it's really the gift that keeps on giving!

CharlieGirl 07-17-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zarley zelepukin (Post 52613831)
JR's goal to put away the Leafs and the couple shifts before it was probably the best minute or two of hockey I've ever seen.

Yep - I was watching that game with one of those really annoying Leafs fans. Every time the Leafs took the puck past centre ice, he was yelling "here it is, here it is". When JR scored, I looked at him and said "No, THERE it is". It was beautiful! :laugh:

Kind of amazing that JR's goal is the last memory Leafs fans have of the playoffs.

RJ8812* 07-17-2012 08:01 AM

that was such a fun team to watch. one of my favs. everytime it seemed like they were done, they would come back. I thought for sure that it was our year. When Gagne scored that goal (would have missed if it didnt hit Khabby) I never cheered so loud in my life (until the 2010 run). sucks that they had so many injuries on the blueline because if we were relatively healthy, there's no doubt in my mind we would have beated Calgary