HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Zach Parise AND Ryan Suter (13 years, $7.5M Cap Hit) III (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1232025)

Minnesota 07-17-2012 01:38 PM

Zach Parise AND Ryan Suter (13 years, $7.5M Cap Hit) III

I guess I'll make the new thread? :dunno:

Thread I
Thread II

Minnesota 07-17-2012 01:45 PM

So... We've been comparing Gaborik leaving the Wild with Parise leaving the Devils.

Here's a question: Would we have been more angry at Gaborik if he was our captain, AND we had just lost in the SCF during the 2008-2009 season?

I have a feeling we would have been just as angry - If not angrier. All that disappointment balled up with your captain leaving is bound to leave fans in a touchy (to say the least) emotional state.

Fel 96 07-17-2012 01:54 PM

Maybe it's just me but I don't think we need another thread because it will most likely lead to Devils fans posting again and Devils bashing which we really shouldn't do.

You know, we can talk about them in the offseason thread now.

Victorious Secret 07-17-2012 02:00 PM

Yea! More!

Avder 07-17-2012 02:01 PM

OH MY GOD WE GOT PARISE AND SUTER!

Just because I didn't get a chance to do it again before the other thread was closed.

No seriously, this threads mere existence makes me so happy.

Victorious Secret 07-17-2012 02:06 PM

We need to keep these around just in case other team's fans visit.

Northland Wild Man 07-17-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victorious Secret (Post 52634223)
We need to keep these around just in case other team's fans visit.

Just in case any other fans were not aware.

rynryn 07-17-2012 02:18 PM

couple of heartless no talent bums. to think, we helped Jersey by taking Parise off their hands. without a doubt the most useless player on the Devils last year.

Fel 96 07-17-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rynryn (Post 52634633)
couple of heartless no talent bums. to think, we helped Jersey by taking Parise off their hands. without a doubt the most useless player on the Devils last year.

Funny how the same thing can be said for Zids...

Northland Wild Man 07-17-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rynryn (Post 52634633)

We also lost Zidlicky to them who is one of the best defensemen in the leauge. :sarcasm:

rynryn 07-17-2012 02:29 PM

Zids is all character, heart, and grit. Such a steal. If the Devils don't re-sign him for $7m they're going to risk losing him.

Victorious Secret 07-17-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northland Wild Man (Post 52634515)
Just in case any other fans were not aware.

Exactly.

nickschultzfan 07-17-2012 02:52 PM

Wild fans may still hate Gaborik, but Wild fans never really hated Rangers Fans.

Devils fans are acting like Wild fans are personally responsible for their crappy ownership issues that drove Parise to go to free agency.

Engebretson 07-17-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rynryn (Post 52635007)
Zids is all character, heart, and grit. Such a steal. If the Devils don't re-sign him for $7m they're going to risk losing him.

If they really want to show Zids how much he means to the team, they should probably make him team captain too.

forthewild 07-17-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnesota (Post 52633383)
So... We've been comparing Gaborik leaving the Wild with Parise leaving the Devils.

Here's a question: Would we have been more angry at Gaborik if he was our captain, AND we had just lost in the SCF during the 2008-2009 season?

I have a feeling we would have been just as angry - If not angrier. All that disappointment balled up with your captain leaving is bound to leave fans in a touchy (to say the least) emotional state.

I was never angry at Gaborik i was Pissed at DR for the way he handled it. he approached Gaborik with a 7.5 AAV which was ALOT more at that time then its now cap wise. Gaborik turned it down yet DR knowing this guy has injury problems kept him on the team. to me Gaborik sent a message that he didn't want to play on the team with DR running it or JL coaching it. he should have been traded that off season.

him leaving per what russo said, was that he wanted that offer back but GMCF didn't oblige.

Again players have the right to choose where they play, its about the way you leave, Gabo made it known in advance he wasn't planning on staying when he turned that nice chunk of money down. Parise too sent a good message he would at least test free agency, he never went on some extensive record playing up the devils only to sign 11:15 with a direct rival. Players that want to stay (koivu) they sign the deal they don't take a 1 year deal making them a UFA

people who are angry that Parise left are ignoring that he took a 1 year deal that would allow him to test free agency, they though he would choose home and they were right, its just that their definition of home was New Jersey and Parise's was Minnesota

rynryn 07-17-2012 03:04 PM

gaborik was healthy and feeling good and wanted to test the free agent market. he gambled and lost. it's as simple as that.

forthewild 07-17-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rynryn (Post 52636255)
gaborik was healthy and feeling good and wanted to test the free agent market. he gambled and lost. it's as simple as that.

how did he lose?

also exactly what i'm saying we knew he wanted to test the FA market and Riser should have traded him, he also had a history of injuries so holding onto him was a risk which we lost.

rynryn 07-17-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forthewild (Post 52636359)
how did he lose?

also exactly what i'm saying we knew he wanted to test the FA market and Riser should have traded him, he also had a history of injuries so holding onto him was a risk which we lost.

i risebrough had an offer on the table worth more than what he made with the Rangers?

GopherState 07-17-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickschultzfan (Post 52635863)
Wild fans may still hate Gaborik, but Wild fans never really hated Rangers Fans.

Devils fans are acting like Wild fans are personally responsible for their crappy ownership issues that drove Parise to go to free agency.

Congrats everyone on the great work you did!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rynryn (Post 52636565)
i risebrough had an offer on the table worth more than what he made with the Rangers?

Yeah Risebrough had something close to a 10 year, $100 million contract.

forthewild 07-17-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GopherState (Post 52636785)
Congrats everyone on the great work you did!

Yeah Risebrough had something close to a 10 year, $100 million contract.

i was made aware that riser offered 7.5 million/year and thats what he got with the Rangers?

:salt:http://612sports.net/pros/wild/wild-latest-news/205 :salt:

so if this source is to be believed he turned down an 8M AAV with the Wild

Jarick 07-17-2012 03:26 PM

I believe Riser offered 10 years $70-80m total and Gaborik turned it down summer before he got hurt (i.e. one year from UFA). Many of us wanted him traded ASAP at that point (I remember wanting something like 1st + Drew Stafford + roster player) because if he got injured it would tank his trade value.

Then he got injured and couldn't be traded. He had two surgeries. Gabby wanted the deal but it was off the table (rightly so). So he didn't come off IR (therefore couldn't be traded) until just after the deadline.

Riser was fired right after the season and Fletcher met with Gabby but it was pretty clear he didn't want to come back (and maybe Fletcher didn't want him back), so he walked for nothing.

I never blamed Gabby and always wished the best. Glad he went out East. It was DR's fault for not trading him that summer.

forthewild 07-17-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarick (Post 52637147)
I believe Riser offered 10 years $70-80m total and Gaborik turned it down summer before he got hurt (i.e. one year from UFA). Many of us wanted him traded ASAP at that point (I remember wanting something like 1st + Drew Stafford + roster player) because if he got injured it would tank his trade value.

Then he got injured and couldn't be traded. He had two surgeries. Gabby wanted the deal but it was off the table (rightly so). So he didn't come off IR (therefore couldn't be traded) until just after the deadline.

Riser was fired right after the season and Fletcher met with Gabby but it was pretty clear he didn't want to come back (and maybe Fletcher didn't want him back), so he walked for nothing.

I never blamed Gabby and always wished the best. Glad he went out East. It was DR's fault for not trading him that summer.

totally agree, Gaby did what he did but he gave the team ample warning he wanted to test FA, Riser screwed the chinchilla on that one

nickschultzfan 07-17-2012 03:43 PM

Riser offered Gaborik 10-years at $7.5 million/year. He got half that with the Rangers at 5-years at $7.5 million/year. His next contract he probably won't recieve another 5-year $7.5 million/year contract.

At the end of the day, he probably missed out on at least $10 million, maybe more depending on his next contract.

SphinX 07-17-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickschultzfan (Post 52637713)
Riser offered Gaborik 10-years at $7.5 million/year. He got half that with the Rangers at 5-years at $7.5 million/year. His next contract he probably won't recieve another 5-year $7.5 million/year contract.

At the end of the day, he probably missed out on at least $10 million, maybe more depending on his next contract.

Hell probably get something like 6-7 for 3 years..

Jarick 07-17-2012 04:40 PM

By the same token he's had a lot more success out there.