HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Alex semin (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1232433)

maplepred 07-18-2012 06:41 AM

Alex semin
 
Just curious guys, do you think he would fit in here in Nashville? We are so low in salary and could easily afford to give him a 4 year 24 million dollar deal. Which is reasonable I think based on what others are getting as ufa's.
He would be amazing to our offense as well, then we could make a move after for jbo or something and make another cup run.

But I have a few questions about Alex,
Would he fit into trotz's game plan?
Is poile afraid of Russians after rads?
Is he going to be as good or maybe better without ovie?

I think these are all problems we could address and I think we should go after him.
Thoughts??

Top 6 Spaling 07-18-2012 07:42 AM

I would offer him 6 mil over 2/3 years, easy. More if we had to.

PredsV82 07-18-2012 08:07 AM

Id like to have him and I think it would be a good signing, but... I doubt he would come here unless we significantly outbid the other teams that are in on him(more money and more years), and he probably would want to see what Weber is going to do before he commits

weeze 07-18-2012 09:40 AM

I would really like to have him as a Pred! Problem is that he is an Offense first type player where we are a Defense first type of team. I think that is why we struggle to get scorers/snipers here except at the trade deadline. I don't think our style of play is appealing to scorers and snipers. JMHO.

GwtGlads2013 07-18-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weeze (Post 52662125)
I would really like to have him as a Pred! Problem is that he is an Offense first type player where we are a Defense first type of team. I think that is why we struggle to get scorers/snipers here except at the trade deadline. I don't think our style of play is appealing to scorers and snipers. JMHO.

Just an opinion of one hockey fan here but I think Nashville needs to become more balanced out. Fill your first two lines with snipers,playmakers and offensively minded power forwards and then have your 3rd and 4th lines filled with two-way forwards,grinders and tough guys.

Nothing Is New 07-18-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling (Post 52659477)
I would offer him 6 mil over 2/3 years, easy. More if we had to.

Yep.

I think Semin is a notch above SK and AK and a notch below Kovy and Ovy.

RaiderDoug 07-18-2012 12:10 PM

I'd love to see it.

This is the high risk, high reward type that could pay off in a Cup parade, or he could blow up and spend the next year in the pressbox on his way to the KHL.

For better or worse, it would be way out of character for a non-agressive/non-risk taker like DP to make a move like this, so it won't happen.

Top 6 Spaling 07-18-2012 12:34 PM

I know he played with Ovi sometimes, but Semin had a higher PPG last year (and career) than Parise

thecloser 07-18-2012 12:51 PM

i don't think we would sign him to a multi-year deal, it would be more like a 1 year "prove it to me" deal. Prove it to us that if he doesn't s*** the bed, that he won't go to the KHL like Radulov did, and lots of russians do.

He would be great to have, but I don't think he and Trotz would get along.

glenngineer 07-18-2012 01:00 PM

We said the same thing about SK and he has done just fine here. Give him a multi year deal worth some good money, he's worth it. He also gets out from the shadow of Ovie which might be nice for him.

maplepred 07-18-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenngineer (Post 52668703)
We said the same thing about SK and he has done just fine here. Give him a multi year deal worth some good money, he's worth it. He also gets out from the shadow of Ovie which might be nice for him.

I couldn't agree more.

Joe T Choker 07-18-2012 04:11 PM

Hey Poile ... Close The Deal

Legionnaire11 07-18-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecloser (Post 52668409)
i don't think we would sign him to a multi-year deal, it would be more like a 1 year "prove it to me" deal. Prove it to us that if he doesn't s*** the bed, that he won't go to the KHL like Radulov did, and lots of russians do.

If he bolts to the KHL then we don't owe him anything, so that's not really that factor that most are making it to be. He either signs and plays for multiple seasons, or he leaves and doesn't get paid.

maplepred 07-18-2012 06:43 PM

Has anyone even heard our team name mixed up with the semin speculation at all??

Top 6 Spaling 07-18-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maplepred (Post 52681437)
Has anyone even heard our team name mixed up with ANY speculation at all??

Fixed...

Not sure if Poile is doing nothing or rumor mongers don't get enough hits from Nashville fans to merit putting us in rumors.

NoNecksCurse 07-18-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maplepred (Post 52681437)
Has anyone even heard our team name mixed up with the semin speculation at all??

we did show interest.. almost 2 weeks ago.

maplepred 07-18-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse (Post 52683777)
we did show interest.. almost 2 weeks ago.

Yeah??

101st_fan 07-18-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weeze (Post 52662125)
I would really like to have him as a Pred! Problem is that he is an Offense first type player where we are a Defense first type of team. I think that is why we struggle to get scorers/snipers here except at the trade deadline. I don't think our style of play is appealing to scorers and snipers. JMHO.

Because Wilson, Sullivan, Kariya, Arnott, Dumont, O'Reilly, Hornqvist are/were so defensive-minded forwards. :shakehead

kypredsfan 07-18-2012 11:43 PM

I'd love to land him. Then maybe, just maybe, Weber will sign the damn dotted line.

Top 6 Spaling 07-18-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kypredsfan (Post 52690395)
I'd love to land him. Then maybe, just maybe, Weber will sign the damn dotted line.

:biglaugh: We could trade Spaling for Crosby and I'm not sure that happens...

Machinehead 07-19-2012 01:28 AM

Semin would be in Trotz's doghouse before the press conference. Based on that I'm not sure it would work.

As far as him not fitting the system, I think this system needs a shot in the arm of offense.

smitty10 07-19-2012 06:05 AM

This is a signing Nashville needs to make, especially if Weber stays. After losing out on Kessel a couple seasons ago, this would be a move to finally get a top goal scorer into Nashville. I really hope the Preds offer him a contract. I'm sure he'd be a dynamic player and thrive in Nashville. If you guys haven't seen a lot of him, watch some of his Youtube vids. He is one of the most talented players on the planet and if Trotz can motivate him he could be a star.

deanwormer 07-19-2012 06:51 AM

Pursuing something like this is where Webs contract structure could hurt - IF it's hugely front-loaded and cashflow is still bit tight. But we gotta' be more attractive to someone like Semin if we sign Webs long-term; it was already high-profile but a big offer sheet brings more focus and ultimately shows the commitment of mgt.

That said - Doan be my first choice, after that, I'd be in on Semin for a short-term deal, while we still have some of the kids on relatively inexpensive contracts.

Jonesey 07-19-2012 09:28 AM

I'd say Semin is a no-go because we will have actual dollars tied up in Shea that we wouldn't be able to spend or we will have lost 2 of our 3 best players in the span of 3 weeks and Semin wouldn't want to sign here.

If Radulov would have stayed, I'd be more inclined to think we had a realistic shot at Semin.

ilikeblocks 07-19-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trade Legwand (Post 52706839)
I'd say Semin is a no-go because we will have actual dollars tied up in Shea that we wouldn't be able to spend or we will have lost 2 of our 3 best players in the span of 3 weeks and Semin wouldn't want to sign here.

If Radulov would have stayed, I'd be more inclined to think we had a realistic shot at Semin.

True - I think the Weber match is the only one we'd make because of the upfront money.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.